1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    When we equalised last night the formation should have been changed instantly and if it went to extra time then so be it. Totally left ourselves open to the sucker punch, unbelievably naive.

2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The game was 2-2. We needed another goal and we're at home. Why change to a more defensive formation when we could have had them on the ropes. If we had done that and invited pressure back onto ourselves and conceded he would have been criticised for that as well. It's easy to be wise after the event. Nothing wrong with going for the jugular at a time when we should have been on top.

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It’s a recurring theme when we come up against a half decent side (nothing more or less than that). We * up against the like of Ajax and AC Milan in Lennys last season here. We done it against Cluj and Copenhagen this time too. We really seem to struggle unless we are playing against a really good team or a pish team. Teams that are able to set their stall out and defend cause us big issues.

I’d say Rennes was an exception to that but they didn’t even take the game at Celtic Park seriously.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  4. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Because if you concede again you’ve got less than 10 to score 2. Take it to extra time, and you’ve got 30 mins and if you concede again then hopefully it’s early and you’ve got just under half an hour to get 2. I’m not saying we shouldn’t be trying to score in the last ten, just that we should have taken a more cautious approach.

5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Fair enough. It's all about opinions but I just think when we try to be cautious and defend we're more likely to concede not less likely. I prefer us to stay on the front foot especially when we need a goal to go through. It's an impossible job - whatever he did, if it works he's a genius and if it doesn't he's clueless.

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Teams that can get stuck in about us cause us no ends of problems .

7. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Biggest crime was playing ajer and Jozo and leaving bitton on the bench.

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You are at your most vulnerable when you’ve scored in football. I don’t have the stats handy but a very high % of goals conceded come very soon after scoring. The fact we went gung ho after getting the equaliser was ridiculous, because even aside from the equaliser we hadn’t had control of the game at all in the second half.

Suicidal stuff, reminded me of watching us under Deila.

9. freitassen

Lazio: Forster. They dominated the game

Rennes: they sucked.

Cluj: we won 1 game out of 4 against them

10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic

Forrest, Brown, Forster, mcgregor, ajer, etc have a * of a lot of European games with Celtic, that's nearly half the team, probably one or two more as well. Surely they could of seen that game out using their years worth of European experience and at least translated that to those who don't

JC Anton likes this.
  11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Clutching.

12. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    How do you know that's because teams go gung ho after scoring. Maybe it's because after scoring they naturally drop back a bit and allow themselves to be pressurised. Maybe if teams continue to attack they wouldn't lose goals.

13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It was the easiest stance in the world and lazy too by the way to be anti-Lennon form the off. As early as his first game at Tynecastle the jungle drums were rumbling in some quarters. Then it was 'HE better not blow this title' , and now we have 'HE better not blow the 9' and if we do it then you know what comes next. No other REALISTIC candidiate came close with knowing what was required and the Club. I've yet to hear one name that i think could have done a better job....please kindly shove the Rafa,etc talk up your holes!!

By the by there was no guarantee, far from it, that we'd be sitting in such a decent position under that rat *. There were alarming signs that his wee experiment was starting to creak at the seams!!!

Having said that he does need to learn. Cluj, last night and the orcs twice were games where in the majority we were schooled and well beaten. These are teams we should really be beating. I would maybe cut some slack with Cluj as i now happen to think they're a prety decent side and i underestimated them.

You meet 'the i told you so' brigade everywhere in all walks. Here is no different. If they keep up the mantra they'll eventually get it right but they're not there yet!!! Thank * and hopefully it'll be a good while yet!!

Mickmac and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    whichever 11 are on the pitch
    What worries me, is players like Ajer who were constantly improving under Rodgers are regressing this season

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Any other examples?

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We played well in the group stages and for the most part our domestic form has been really good, especially since the winter break, but last night wasn't good for Lenny and the team, we need a positive result and performance on Sunday.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What has lenny done to the * at E-Tim’s * me they love to put the boot into him!

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Apart from the first season and Ryan Christie last season I don’t remember any players improving and Christie has been well better under lenny tbh.

19. Keano88

Almost all of our players improved under Rodgers.

Almost all have continued to play well under Lennon too and some even improved further.

Ajer blowing hot and cold and isn’t down to any manager, I don’t think. I’d put it down to him being 21 and still learning the position.

20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That's a good shout actually. I'm guilty of forgetting how young he still is and he's deffo still learning.

Keano88 likes this.