1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Great time to watch, Giminez is a spectacular forward man.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Well that was * gash.

jamesfr likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

At least you had a drink watching that *! I had to do it sober without a lick of booze!!

RiquelmeCSC and NakamuraTastic like this.
  4. Trequartista

Tonight was a culmination of a few things. Lennon getting system and tactics (or lack of) all wrong, players nowhere near match fit and players * the bed.

Eddy is our star player, have to build the team around him. Him and Griffiths have been playing superb together and he drops Griffiths. Just cannot fathom it whatsoever. We should have went for the jugular from the off and killed the game beyond any doubt.

No words that could quite capture my current mood to be honest. Cluj 2.0. Lennon has been praised to the heavens recently and rightly so. Tonight he got it catastrophically wrong and needs to take ownership of it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    seanm likes this.
  5. green-yin

How long has he actually been properly fit for? Only recently since about before the winter break last season? Dont get me wrong i loved big tam when he was fit and firing but its not been for a long time. Him amd jozo need punted in the summer, both cost us tonight. Jozo because hes a * bombscare at the back and tam because his fitness is a joke, he doesnt have the legs to play in a 3-5-2 which is the sole reason i think lenny didnt play it from the start tonight due to christies suspension and ollys injiry.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. cammy07

To lose a goal 3 minutes after we scored was an absolute * riddy, especially the manner in which we lost it. Should have tightened up for 5 mins and then have a go in the last few minutes. At the absolute worst we've got another half hour to put a disgraceful second half behind us.

Instead we've got our full backs high up the park, centre halves dragged all over the shop then when we lose it in the middle of the park they've got a 4 v 1 on us.

Jo-Jo-Buffon, seanm and JIMMYD1967 like this.
  7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf mate if Christie and or Ntcham were available for tonight rogic wouldn’t have played

not a lot of options really

8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Rogic was the least of the problems we had tonight and had a better game than Eddie, Ely and Forrest.

seanm and NakamuraTastic like this.
  9. green-yin

Thats my point mate. 3-5-2 wasnt a choice in a european tie with rogic in. Not enough legs in midfield. I hate to say it but tams time is up as far as im concerned.

Edit- this isnt just a reaction to tonights result. This is in regards to he has been missing for about 14 months now and i dont see him getting back to the level he has previously been at. Injuries and * off on international duty to oz and before a big glasgow derby last season have * him here for over a year.

Trequartista likes this.
  10. CountyDownFaithful

Off topic for a moment but the atmosphere was non-existent in the stadium tonight. Been the same for a while.

Green Brigade doing their usual but the rest of the stadium was completely dull

JIMMYD1967 and seanm like this.
  11. seanm

Yep.hh

12. seanm

Bang on pal.HH

Garrymac1888 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  13. seanm

Pish.but I got a free pie in hospitality.league is allI want anything else is a bonus.HH

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

100% every season.

15. seanm

Yes very inept.i know * all about football but till my dying day * two up front always for celtic.HH

16. green-yin

I have had my say on rogic but tbf tonight wasnt all about rogic. We have failed to turn up for a few big games this season and even though 9 is just about in the bag I want to step on the huns throats in a couple weeks time. We have to stick with the 3-5-2. Our only poor performances since the break have been with 4-2-3-1.

17. seanm

Griffiths and eddy on fire.lennon puts Griffiths on the bench.*.HH

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fair point mate and also maybe reflected by the fair weather, spoiled with success * that have been posting pish since full time.

Our fans need to have a * good look at themselves at times.

19. seanm

The lurgan sodbuster go
    bang on HH

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I’m the same mate- I’d would liked to have went a wee bit farther in Europe but would honestly rather have lost tonight that at pittodrie last week, winning tonight would have got us to last 16 an even better team, quarters at very best but you don’t look back on getting to quarter finals Europa league or not and aw this pish about wanting to prove to Europe we are a decent, don’t really give a * what someone in Norway or Italy thinks of us,

we beat lazio home and away from a goal down a team a point of top of serle A, they weren’t for saying “ great result from Celtic “, it was all about “ we don’t care about the Europa league “, countries and fans are only interested in their team s and their league s and fair enough don’t give a * what they think anyway

games over, were oot a bit earlier than expected and we were pish tonight, can’t do anything about it- move onto Scottish cup