1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmccourt95

I mean it’s no the first time Jozo has let us down and won’t be the last if he gets game time. Also rogic not being good enough isn’t a surprise. Changes to be made in the summer to be able to compete in Europe but we have a treble to win

2. joemc

I will say it again incase you are not getting it , yes , we bottled it , fans were impatient as * , spread to the team ,team felt the pressure to win this .

3. Darnok

You haven't seen me, but I've seen you. I've been here, watching for the Lennies. Inevitably one came in the biggest game of the season.

4. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Can't understand why, when we don't need to score we go * for leather to get a goal when just about every other team in Europe would sit back and let the team that needs to score commit men in attack then catch them on the break.
    Saying that, the Danes never stopped attacking us even when they scored, think they knew how we would approach the game and how easy we were to beat.

5. Cupid Stunt

I just find that so short sighted.

I made a thread ages ago about our obsession with 10iar halting real progression and real European progression and I stand by it.

That tonight, should not be brushed off because 10iar.

There's * all guarantees we'll get there if we don't continue to progress as a club on and off the park.

Just because our deficiencies aren't punished in Scotland doesn't mean they aren't there.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    No point dissecting the game. Simply not good enough.
    Mistakes made by Lenny in tactics and personnell choices. And mistakes made by the players.
    Jozos brain fart gave them impetus and all of a sudden there were black shirts everywhere.
    We should've got a CB in Jan. Will we ever learn?

7. jay62

i,m still ready to punt the dog , but after reading your post , i,m calming down a wee bit mate , your right , mistakes were made , doesnt make it easier , but we'll march on and have a historic year.

TonyTim likes this.
  8. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Have never seen you when we are winning.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Waiting for a bad result to be proved right.

Well done

PiotreQ likes this.
  10. PiotreQ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Still can't believe we are out. 1:1 in Copenhagen and then the 2nd leg at CP...and all * up.

11. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    10 in a row obviously what it’s all about but that is incredibly tough for me to take cause I feel like we can be so much more than this in Europe and we’ve shown glimpses of it. Always stand by the team and manager (apart from jovo he can get to *)

For some people who don’t care too much I can’t undertsnad how though honestly. Huns have died formed a new company and managed to go through the leagues and still win a knockout game before us ffs. We are such a disaster in Europe

12. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Pretty * spot on

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Big guy Ndoye gVe our defence huge problems over 2 games, brilliant at taking ball into feet, got quite lucky with goal ut was determined.

Quite a few of their player's were very tidy.

14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We cant have everything. I'd much rather be in our position than Sevco's

Chavez, PiotreQ and Garrymac1888 like this.
  15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

My point Joe....you said it was down to the * huns winning ya mad man!!!

They were * for many reasons, yours is the ramblings of a * crackpot. At what point did you as a fan say, * I'm nervous the huns won last night....if that's how you think, go get help.

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:57::57::57:

PiotreQ likes this.
  17. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

That was so, so disappointing, We were hopeless.

There was so much wrong with tonight I almost can't be arsed getting into it. I've sat and re-typed this post a few times already.

In a nutshell, we have now been done at home in very similar circumstances by Cluj, Rangers and Copenhagen. Again, we've tried to get on the front foot and play at a really high tempo and it has ended up costing us. I don't have an issue with starting big games like this, but it's just not sustainable over 90 minutes. If we'd scored one of our early chances we may have seen a different game, but instead of calming things down we kept pushing and pushing and ultimately we've shot ourselves in the foot.

We started the game well, but when we don't get an early goal we should probably start putting our foot on the ball, trying to control the tempo and get ourselves into a rhythm. Instead, we push harder and harder, leave ourselves wide open in midfield and allow huge space for them to hit us on the break. Same happened against Cluj, same happened against Rangers and the same happened tonight. So why haven't we learned?

I know we had some good chances to score, but we never ever had control of that game and when Copenhagen starting to sit in we never really created anything. We switched to a back three and not once did we managed to play out from the back and progress through midfield. Instead, we were going long and relying on a mistake, a bit of luck or some individual skill. We did eventually get some luck with the handball, but we chucked it almost straight away.

Lennon deserves huge credit for the job he's done this season at home and in Europe, but there is a worrying pattern of getting things wrong in key fixtures where we're expected to win.

Seosamh Máirtín and jpb like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

This. To go out in the manner that we did is a disgrace.

19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

There could be a mass exodus anyway. If any EPL team comes in for any of our players then they will go....simple as that. Given the opportunity to triple their wages....well they will take it....its gonnae be madness not to. Be interesting to know who the last one of our players that got offered a deal with an EPL team and turned it down would be. It has happened. But no anytime recently I wouldnt think.

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song

diving.

And the referee was out of order.