1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Over all he has done well since his return,however he does seem to get it badly wrong at times but i guess all managers do.

Tonight he got it wrong and im sure hes hurting as we are,we can slate him for tonight but imo the players should take some of the blame.

Hopefully lenny can lift the spirits for the weekend and we go again as one.

King of Kings likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: I'm hugely disappointed. We were in control in the first-half. We made a mistake that gave them encouragement and we shot ourselves in the foot for the second goal."

NL: Bitterly disappointing in the manner we lost. Copenhagen didn't have to work too hard for their goals. We gave them away cheaply and that's not like us at all.

NL: We've got another big game on Sunday and I'm not going to throw anyone under a bus. We win as a team and we lose as a team. We let ourselves down in really important moments of the game tonight.”

3. cammy07

Quick enough to snap at Johnstone as he's hobbling off with a * cruciate yet I bet hes got * all to say about his pal jozo after one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

The * should have been hooked at half time, then when the goal went in but nah he plays the full 90. Incredibly bad management.

Didn't strengthen cause he was happy with the diddys we had and its inevitably come back and cost us, like near enough all of us felt it would.

4. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just like the Cluj game he was miles off with the team

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  5. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

More embarassing than your fanboy routine?

I've been critical after three losses (Cluj, the hun debacle and tonight). Deserved based oj the tactics and performances, no? Not my fault that criticism riles you up. Yes, sometimes in football you get beat and sometimes you beat yourself with your own tactics and set-up. Guess what happened tonight?

You deserve every insult that you get.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sorry Jeannie but that's a lot of pish.

Learn from it? It was a carbon copy of the Cluj tie in August and he's clearly learned nothing from that. Aye we can slag the huns all we want for collapsing in the league but they got further in Europe than us this season. They've liquidated, started from scratch and still won a European knockout tie before we have. Which is utterly depressing when you actually think about it.

We did just get "really humiliated" by the way. We lost 3-1 at home against the second best team in Denmark. Losing to team who are actually relatively good in the next round would have been far less humiliating. There's absolutely no reason we should not be beating Copenhagen over two legs. Particularly after drawing 1-1 away from home.

7. cammy07

Says who? That game was scarily similar to cluj

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What an utter bawbag you are..

9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Lennon is a great SPL manager but I fear that's it. Not the first time this happened to us this season, Cluj, huns and now tonight. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and that's something I expect from a manager on that level. Not only they players have to develop their skills, also the coaches have. They are payed to do it.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lawwell really needs to boot his baws after that he won’t let the players away with that so why should Lawwell let him away with it carbon copy of cluj * needs to apologise to every fan that paid money to watch that * show tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You think Neil Lennon would refuse the opportunity to buy another CB? The Scouting staff identify players and Lawell gives the funds to buy them. Of course Lennon will say the defence is 'good enough' to sayany different would destroy the confidence of the defenders we currently have.

12. oh bhoy

All thoes players he signed in January came in handy tonight

13. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    If we were going with a back 4 at home , had to start frimpong over Jozo(know he wasmt good last week but home were we will ne attacking mostly)

And shouldve been Rogic off for Thumb and go 3-4-3 to chase it ,

Waiting 15/20mins to change it aswell as leaving Jozo on a good 10 mins after the goal u could see his head was gone

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

He decides to sign Klimala and Soro instead. Two guys that are playing for our development team.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They need time to adapt dontcha know?

Must be one of few teams in a similar position to ourselves who continually sign players and they never see the light of day. Happens every year.

16. Bonobhoy

yer teams deid

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. Keano88

@moravcik1888 we get it, you will never criticise a thing Lennon does wrong.

If the players are solely to blame for this loss and the Cluj loss then are you saying they are the only ones who should be praised for beating Lazio twice?

Didn’t think so.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Giving away goals cheaply not like us at all what * planet is he on .... if he thinks that’s not like us at all then it’s never gonna change because he doesn’t see it . even though we all do his * stubbornness to play Jozo don’t have a clue why he didn’t play Griffiths ..... had the cheek to say that we will learn it’s was the exact same * game as cluj the exact same and they didn’t learn from that either know what Neil take your stupid * tobacco chew stuff and just * off on holiday because I really can’t take anymore bullshit coming out of his mouth let the whole club down tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny has had a lot of praise this season and rightly so, but tonight was brutal.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tactically exposed again!

Cluj - exposed
    Sevco - cup final exposes
    Sevco - league game shocking
    2nd half last week shocking.

mad as I may sound this title race is nowhere near being over!!!!