1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Diamond D

Shut up, people are always going to complain when we lose. You can't just expect people not to say anything after a shocking result

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I want celtic to win every game they play , not possible so Im disappointed but when that 9 is captured thats it for me then the treble if possible , Europa League is second prize !

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m talking about * you don’t see for months.

Ya * clown

Rydo1888* and Garrymac1888 like this.
  4. Diamond D

I suppose it's not ALL on them but for me simunovic and Taylor are largely to blame

5. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Ah well. Bring on the bread and butter of domestic dominance. It should probably be worrying that this comes to be expected with the level of ambition... but it’s not.

6. Kelt85

Terrible game.
    We couldn't put together three passes. Every time we turn the ball back, my heart beats harder. Matches like this are not healthy to watch. We dropped out because we underestimated the Copenhagen , which is the average European team.
    So, go on.. It will be hard night for sleep..
    Come on you green and white! HH

7. Diamond D

Don't call me a * clown just cause were all hurting. I don't care who is on this forum only when we lose but the fact is that was shocking and the players (simunovic) need to be held to account

Belfast_Bhoy likes this.
  8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Bit gutted after how we performed in the groups and getting a seemingly favourable draw but we would probably have got pumped out in the next round anyway.
    Probably a pointless gripe, but we spent significant money for us in the window and should have been bringing in game changers and they can't even make the squad.

9. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think it's fair to say a number of tonight's team aren't good enough

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Where was the same posters when we were winning.

Ya * clown.

11. Celticbhoy17

Don't want to say it, but I actually do and I will: * told you so.

All this talk of 'we'll hump them 4-0 will we get to the final?' pish. We always * it in Europe and did so again tonight.

* poor all over the park. No individual player or manager to blame tonight, nobody turned up and when we got the goal back we reverted to panic mode at the back. Just shocking but so predictable, so much so that I predicted it earlier on tonight. Too * off to go find my quote but I did.

Elyonoussi shouldn't have been taken off, shouldve been Taylor. Simunovic hasn't played a run of games for years yet starts tonight. Missed Christie big time.

Ah well. We move on. Win the league and Scottish Cup and we can move on to next year and go for the ten. However we need to hire a top psychologist as we always crumble in big games and it's getting * annoying.

For the record, Copenhagen are not a good team and we gifted them that tonight. How the * did they end up winning that tie 4 - 1? Because we are soft flowers that's how.

Boruc17 likes this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Taylor? * me.

What about Forrests miss, Elyanoussi not hitting target, Broony of the pace, Calmac not turning up, Griff missing when it was easier to score, Eddy being pish all night and you single out Taylor along with Simunovic.

It was a collective bad night.....and ps you are a * clown.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cba with sympathisers either. If we played like that against anyone domestically there would be * at CP gates with pitchforks.

Our next game is now the biggest of our season because bouncing back from that utter dross isn’t gonna be easy.

We have players who come here for European nights and now that’s gone and it’s their own fault along with the staff. You’ll see who really wants it in the next few weeks.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  14. Cupid Stunt

These * got pumped off Midtjylland.

Honestly cannot believe this *.

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Celticbhoy17

16. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If we had been beaten by a Milan team, a Barcelona or a Man Utd then most folk on here would be saying " we had a good run in Europe". To go out against a team that on paper we are better than is a disappointment for most and the manner how we lost. Lennon got his tactics and formation wrong, plane and simple. To call for his head is way off the mark, 1 cup in the bag of a possible 4th Treble, 12 points ahead in the League, and a Cup game at the weekend. Then add to the fact the Huns went through is making this defeat harder to take for some, its knockout Cup football, the luck of the draw. The Danes deserved their win, played to their strengths and got their tactics right. We will simmer for a day or 2, pick ourselves up and move on to the Cup game where we can continue to make history. Hail Hail

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Fans were dreadful, team selection was dreadful and the players were dreadful.

Not going to overreact though, the league is all that matters for the next two seasons.

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  18. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Did not have Eddy in his * pocket. Eddy could have won the tie out the park for us in the first half hour of the first leg. Now its no very often I've been slating Eddy. But this is true. Man ran riot for that first half hour in Denmark and missed a shitload of important chances.

Its no like I wont forgive him though. He's done so much for us to be allowed at least one off day. But just saying this * Nelsson never had him in his pocket. No over the two games at least

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Think we were a class centre half away from at least giving it a good bash. We were sold short on that yet again

Big els likes this.
  20. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    tbf, they were mostly up against champions league teams. We went out to Valencia in the Europa league that last season. Rogers also never adapted to game in Europe and we got embarrassed against the best. But cluj and Copenhagen are fairly pish. Changing shape tonight was a mistake and jozo shouldn’t be in the starting 11 cause anybody watching him recently could see he’s not up to it. Brown was clearly still nursing an injury. The players clearly had no game plan when we went 1-0 down, it was frantic. They should know exactly what to adapt and where each other will be during different scenarios in games like this. The disjointedness was evident from kick off, we never played through them or over them or round them, passed it square in front of them or occasionally Elyaboussi managed to run beyond their midfield.

Boruc17 likes this.