1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye done well with his hold up play.

Taz likes this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Decent 70ish mins for him today, some lovely touches and unlucky with a couple of shots.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was pressing well from the bits I was watching before it went down again..

Like to see more of him particularly in these home game's..

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Another day another Mark Schwarzer article filled with dribble and lies to suit his agenda, this is literally a quote taken from it.

Schwarzer believes Rogic has ‘done really well at Celtic and it has suited him,’ but remains critical of the playmaker’s consistency, especially when on national team duty.

“The criticism that we all have is that for the national team he doesn’t seem to be able to deliver 90 minutes of consistency like he can for Celtic,” he said on Two Sharp Reds.

It's clear that he doesn't have the slightest bit of idea about Rogics time here apart from youtube videos. 90 mins for Celtic? he's done it what? 37 times in 7 years. He's also scoring a goal every 5 games with us, compared to 5.2 for Aus.

On Arzani;

“So, I would have thought his best move would have been a place either like Germany, (or) in Holland.

“They play a more technical(ly) based game of football and they also give a lot of young players opportunities. So, I always said, I think the Celtic move is the wrong move for him.”

Celtics average squad age is 25.6 years old, in the Bundesliga the average squad age is 25.9 LOL.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles...bH0qyU1RDZ1tVN3r7N7XRyTt380r3-AH_hcZzesM5Vs5Y

Hopefully Sutton or Hartson call him on twitter for his bullshit. Has he ever faced us before, as it's clear he doesn't like us as a club? Or is it just his english premier league arrogance coming out? *

here is his twitter so you can have a lovely chat with the guy, both posted today btw @

https://twitter.com/schwarzer_mark

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    In my opinion Arzani was 100% not a good move for either party.
    He wasnt going to displace the proven quality wingers that we already had, in order to get the games he needed to develop.
    he also hadnt come from a level to suggest that he was going to be ready to come in and play. The injury he sustained only made the challenge of ever establishing himself in our first team more unlikely.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Arzani has been unlucky, the injury severely hampered him.

A fully flowing Rogic is tremendous, unfortunately he’s not been available for selection anywhere near enough. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move, to maybe Spain.. hopefully he stays for the 10 tho.

7. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    How can he moan about rogic when when he's played for Australia with a * hamstring and broken wrist. Every time he comes back from international duty he's crocked, guy talks so much *. What other team could he go to that plays regular European football in front of 60000 fans?

8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them

Agree with most of your general points, although I don't see why it was a bad move for him at the time, he done well for himself going from scoring 2 goals in the a-league to suddenly ending up here. surely any young player from Australia is wanting to go to the biggest club they are offered in Europe to fulfil their premier league ambitions , Scotland was a good place for him to get prepared for that environment. I get that he needed game time but who knows what plans were in place for him before the injury happened?

It's laughable he thinks a mid table Bundesliga side will be interested in him as a starter, and the Dutch League is a bit of myth for developing a-league talent when you look at the previous players that went there- their careers went backwards every season. He only started saying 'the spfl was the wrong league to go to' after the injury happened (Sept 2019 to be exact), wow what a prediction Mark! I could respect his tunnel vision opinion if this was something he said right after the move, but to say it after the guy done his acl, what an *.

Do you think if Arzani had come here at say 22-23 years old a bit more developed and playing here as a starter he would still be saying the spfl is the wrong league to go to? Of course he would, his bit about Rogic proves that. This * says our 'style of play' doesn't suit him, this is from a man that has only watched 3 of our games in highlights packages shown to him so he can host show summarising all the europa league matches. It's good to see the news spreading quick about Marks opinions as someone needs to get in touch with him and tell him to zip it or get educated on what your talking about.

What other team could he go to that plays regular European football in front of 60000 fans?

* knows what he's even on about, I've seen most of Rogics games for Australia and he plays the exact same way. I wonder if Mark knows Rogic has more competitive goals than Viduka has for Australia?

He also says Arzani could go to a 'Bundesliga mid table side', maybe he meant the 2nd division?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Australians are mental *.

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    probably why they feel right at home in Glasgow ;-)

Seosamh Máirtín and Dan Breen like this.
  11. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Mark Schwarzer can suck my TimTam.

12. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    What the * does Mark Schwarzer know about Scottish football?
    Had to google him to find out who he was.

Rydo1888* and Whoflungdung like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm sure he's said something else slating us or Rogic with us before..

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    A bad move in terms of the wrong move.

At his age, game time is vital to his development and he was never going to play ahead of Forrest, Sinclair, Johnstone, christie, etc. And so why would we take a player on loan who needs to time to develop?
    i know it can be argued Roberts was in that category, but he was an exceptional talent and already had a decent amount of first team football at a better standard. we also already have our own exceptional talent in dembele.

For me the injury only made things more of an uphill battle for me and he would have been better served going to a team where he would have got more games.

15. Seosamh Máirtín

:97: Schwarzer was a top GK in the EPL for years. Comfortably a 10 points per season GK.

That said, who is he to know what is best for Rogic? If it wasn't for us, where would Tam be now?

Officer Doofy likes this.
  16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    We took him because from memory because Forrest had no competition at right mid since Roberts had left, a cheap back up option that happened due to our connection with the City Football Group. There would surely have been something written in his contract where he has to get a minimum amount of game time otherwise the contract can be terminated, like they did with Roberts at Norwich and Chelsea did to us with Musonda. I could see him getting a run of games with the league almost being wrapped up and him now playing consistently with the reserves, probably the only reason why he's still here. Him suggesting Arzani would be better off in the Netherlands or Germany for game time is just sheer deluded, the Danish League he could get guaranteed game time at the other two not so much. Lets say Man City loan him to Hibs next season and gets gametime do you think schwarzer would be happy about it? He's clearly got a poor opinion of the league and our club when he's been in england for most of his footballing career, and now he's hanging about with * like this.

Well according to Aussie media outlets he would be in the Premier League playing with Arsenal if it wasn't for us apparently ruining his development by not selling him on when English teams were interested . They see him score 1 world class goal a season on Facebook and think he's doing amazing, what most of them don't realise is how much of an issue his fitness is and that he should be registering a lot more goals than he has so far in his career.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Doesn't do enough for us anymore..

Even his long rangers are usually pass backs. His conversion rate must be terrible..

Too slow. Tries a cushion chest on the halfway line with no thought of what was around him and cost us the game..

With his technical ability he'll always be able to negotiate his way out of trouble here and there but he should've been off instead of Mo..

Mo gives you much more going back the way..

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another game in Europe he’s offered nothing.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought he did well, but Julien * it, hopeless ball anywhere, and as usual * about at back.

He tried to lay it off to Brown, but but it was hammered anywhere by Julien.

Totally agree with the guys on BBC defence was woeful and caused all sorts of problems.

Mind you still don't like how our midfielders want to knock the ball 30 yards back for our Defenders to lump it 70 yards up the park.

20. cammy07

Tonight was the big chance he's been waiting for and he fluffed his lines. Terrible for that second goal.