1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly 1 year ago.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 24, 2020.

Discuss Exactly 1 year ago..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye I'm delusional then. Debate over. Only over the top rants welcome on this debate eh? * delusional!! Get a * grip. Having an alternative opinion gets the old delusional card. * on here talking about welcoming Ronnie back. He was a top man. Probably the same guys tearing him a new one every other week. I don't go over the top with criticisms of players or managers. As I say they come and go. I'm used to that by now. I've seen it for over 3 decades. Our fans have always been like this. * booing Fergus after what he done for us. Because he wouldn't bend to guys like Cadete,Pierre and Di Canio. * delusional coz im no on the hate Brendan bandwagon.

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Can't argue with that then mate. But yiu don't believe everything players or managers say. I remember Petrov signed a new contract and he looked like he had forced in to it at gunpoint.

3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Invincible season, the back to back trebles, bringing in Edouard. There were lots of positives during his tenure. Still think he was shafted awfully by lawell in that mcginn transfer saga and that accelerated his departure.

He has a somewhat ruthless ambition to succeed in his career and emotional sentiment isn't really on his radar, so I can see why no love between fans and him.I think would of been worse if we were 5 points behind and flagging but we were relatively comfortable on and off field. And let's face it Lawell loved it, he got to penny pinch and get Lennon again cut-price.

Nevertheless most of what he did here was fantastic. If you think a footballer manager or player joins because he has undivided love for his new employer, think again,everything is a sound bite. Money and success will always be worth more.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was causing all sorts of * behind the scenes that summer before the McGinn saga. Wonder if people will ne so forgiving when tries to nab Calmac or Eddie this summer

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

1. * * * *
    2. Him being the above doesn't detract from glorious times.
    3. I'll telll you in May
    4. A resounding no
    5. A resounding yes.

I'd forgotten all about him till this post....tells you exactly where I am.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You think he was a Tim..

I've said he was never a Tim..

He came from a Tim family but he himself was never ever ever a Tim..

If you really believe he was/is....then I can't help you..

Random Review likes this.
  7. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't want and ain't asking for your help. We can agree to disagree, as is the nature of any response to questions being asked. If he says he was a celtic fan I'll choose to believe him. Yes, some of the stuff that has came out would cast doubt on that, but I just can't be bothered with, in my opinion, the over the top reactions.

8. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    'One Neil Lennon'!!

'Neil Lennon won the 10'

9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with most of that mate, the bit that does my head in is the declarations of love etc etc. Folk (not me) by into that * and it hurts when they * off for someone with a bigger commercial *.....hypothetically speaking.

I include megaphone chanters in that synopsis.

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I had actually forgotten how much utter utter * he spouted!!!:56:

Seán Mac D and Random Review like this.
  11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

The 'Patsy' one is unreal.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lol. Cool Jacob..

You choose to hang on the words of a proven utter bullshitter..

Have a good evening..

13. Cupid Stunt

To be fair, I said something similar to my pals about not trusting that he was an actual Tim from the start, because he never seemed all that convincing with it, especially that YNWA when he was unveiled, it was all too staged and false and I got slaughtered for it.

I bet there would have been a few Hun accusations on here as well if people had said that throughout his reign.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There was quite a few red flags during his tenure here now looking back..

Some of them only came to light at the end with confirmation from Danny McGrain for example..

I could feel he was a snake for quite a while before he left. Posted numerous time's that I couldn't listen to his pressers or anything. Felt it was staring out of him the sleekit-ness..

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  15. Cupid Stunt

1. about Rodgers
    I don't really care about him anymore.

No real love for what he achieved but don't particularly hate him either.

That might be because 80% of my anger at the time was aimed at the board rather than him though.

What I'll never get my head around is the timing, he was a couple of months off a statue and now one of the most hated managers we've had.

2. About the time 2016-2019 when he was in charge
    Same as above really, fairly indifferent.

Some great memories from the first season in particular, but meh.

3. Has the season 19/20 excited you more than the double treble or treble treble season
    For me it's been a bit of a roller coaster, I was * raging that Lennon got the job permanently and that turned in to apathy, then we started on fire and the excitement came back. Then we got knocked out of the CL and struggled in a couple of domestic games, then Ibrox, then Lazio and the League Cup final before losing at home to them * again.

I would say for me, there has been a lot more anxiety than previous years, which sometimes translates in to excitement but not always.

4. If we get the 10 would you welcome Rodgers back for the celebrations if Celtic wanted all 3 managers there?

Nah, like I said, no real hatred towards the guy just think it would be a total riddy for all involved.

5. Did you jump the gun with Lenny appointment spitting dummy out?

Oh massively spat the dummy out.

I'm still not convinced he was the best appointment we could have made at the time and the manner of it all, whether it be the timing or how it was handled I still think that was a bit embarrassing, but he couldn't really have done anymore could he?

Few blips, but always gonna happen over the course of the season and now things have panned out the way they have and if we go through on Thursday, I can only congratulate him on doing a quality job.

I'll still spit the dummy out every time we lose or draw because that's just how I react to Celtic not winning.

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I think he was really saying that he “grew up a Celtic fan.” From his area in Ireland, I have no doubt that was the case. He might have fell away from it which wouldn’t surprise me

What is more prominent for me is if Tierney was a Celtic fan if we are analysing this kind of stuff. Trying to act the mad GB cheerleader in a load of games?

I have no bad blood with him Tierney either because he done the same as a lot of players and managers have done before him. But perhaps you can question his undying love for Celtic by leaving just before the 10IAR?

17. Cupid Stunt

Yeah he was painful to listen to at times.

I always felt that way though any time he mentioned being a Celtic supporter all his life, I just always found it so disingenuous sounding. For once my instincts proved right.

He was another as well, anything to do with transfers I just had to switch him off, but I couldn't honestly say I like listening to Lennon during a transfer window either.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Tierney's just a young boy who gave 100% every time he played and left in the summer to try his luck in a better league with a club just us big us ours. Nothing inconsistent in doing that and being a Celtic fan.

Rodgers is a grown man who frankly phoned it in for much of his last 12 months and left mid season for a mediocre club and putting the title at risk. To me, he can't possibly have been a Celtic fan.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wouldn't it be better to judge the matter by the evidence of his actions? In your honest opinion, were his the actions of a fan?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Petrov signed a deal that ensured we got £7 million for him when Aston Villa came calling. He done the right thing for a club that had developed him and gave him a platform to become the fantastic player he was.

Incomparable with Rodgers. He actively went out his way to harm the club: fielding weakened teams, asking Dembele if he'd move to China, talking down of arrivals to the club eg. Shved and trying to take the whole backroom staff on the eve of a huge game.

His claims of "it all happened so quickly" :87: when asked how Puel could get the sack on the Sunday night and he was down at the King Power stadium by Monday lunchtime is obvious bullshit. It was lined up long before it happened.

As I've always said Brendan Rodgers always has and always will puts himself first, Neil Lennon always has and always will put Celtic first. That is the mark of a true Celtic man.