1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly 1 year ago.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 24, 2020.

Discuss Exactly 1 year ago..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, good point. Tbh, I don't see it happening anyway.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

:56:

All those players never professed about being dyed in the wool tims, did they? Or make up stories about club legends for leverage with the support? Or constantly lie through their teeth about being here for the 10, did they?

Random Review likes this.
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    1. about Rodgers: TOTAL WAFFLING * *.

2. About the time 2016-2019 when he was in charge: COULDNT CARE LESS. HE DID A JOB. THEN ABANDONED US FOR * LEICESTER. TAINTED.

3. Has the season 19/20 excited you more than the double treble or treble treble season: YEP.

4. If we get the 10 would you welcome Rodgers back for the celebrations if Celtic wanted all 3 managers there?: NO. HE WOULDNT BE THERE TO CELEBRATE CELTIC, HE WOULD BE THERE TO PAT HIMSELF ON THE BACK.

5. Did you jump the gun with Lenny appointment spitting dummy out?: NO. HE WAS THE LOGICAL CHOICE AT THE TIME. ALTHOUGH I WAS DISAPPOINTED WE DIDNT AT LEAST LOOK AT ANYONE ELSE.

4. WeeFhatTart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik Larsson, Present - Jullien
    He was outstanding in that season where he was top scorer in the country, gets a lot of stick from fans for being a yes man to Sky but he played a big part over the years. Reckon he's slightly bitter at the way he left us but to be fair he did get a good end of season send-off.

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Commons is a fat *, thought he was the main man here. Said it it before, I appreciate what he done here but no * is bigger than Celtic. The way he treated Ronny was disgraceful.

PaulM1888 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. david100825

Actually care so little about the Rodgers fiasco now but that’s purely because of how well Lennon did when coming in at the time - a far from easy job which could have unraveled quickly if he hadn’t got it right.

Rodgers’ first 18 months was great but after that it dropped off due to his poor recruitment and the style falling away...remarkably similar to Liverpool post-13/14 on both counts.

Getting us to the Champions League twice was good but some of the European performances were woeful and tactically naive beyond belief...again, remarkably similar to his Liverpool tenure.

WeeFhatTart likes this.
  7. freitassen

1. about our last manager

Frankly I am not even mad at him anymore because he eventually did what was the best for the club. Had he decided to clinge to the post because of how much of a die hard fan he was, we would have to put up with Jack Hendry style signings, 7-0 humilitations in Europe, crappy possession obsessed football, interviews praising the team for a 0-0 draw against Dundee and eventually would lose the league. I just moved on.

2. About the time 2016-2019 when he was in charge

My paragraph before says it. I was only happy with him for a very short period and was really sick of that stupid tiki taka even when I was alone in that. His first year was decent, and even that period included a humiliating defeat to a team from Gibraltar.

3. Has the season 19/20 excited you more than the double treble or treble treble season

Without a doubt. Not just the results but the much braver and more entertaining way the team plays.

4. If we get the 10 would you welcome our last manager back for the celebrations if Celtic wanted all 3 managers there?

It would be petty to do something else. He is as much entitled to this as Ronny Deila whose biggest achievment was proving that indeed anyone can win the scottish league with Celtic

5. Did you jump the gun with Lenny appointment spitting dummy out?

Yes and I dont regret it. Lennon had an horrible period as caretaker manager that was even worse than the state Rodgers left the club. People had very good reasons to be skeptical and the way the board conducted this was insulting. Lennon defied expectations and proved his worth. Not the board. They couldnt know some magic would happen, they went after the cheapest, laziest option possible and sometimes in football you do things wrong but it works out in the end.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

He's the kinda * that moans when he accidentally sits on the Sky remote.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’d happily use his smug coupon as a trampoline, it’s wee Patsy I feel sorry for.

11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't remember Rodgers ever saying he would categorically stay for the 10. Does it matter if they profess their love for the club. End result is the same. They come they go. We turned up in droves when he was unveiled and he talked some amount of *. Some people just seem to want to over indulge in situations like that. Again. Big * deal. So are we all decided just because the manner in which he left means he wasn't a celtic fan. Bollocks. He is absoloutely a celtic fan. Just not like us. It's his JOB. Most folk want to earn top dollar in their job. That is the difference here.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sending his Mrs round supporters buses as if they grew up Tim’s anaw, all for what? A new contract, he’s a rat * and licks the sweat aff Boyd’s * crack.

Avatar Daizen and Doogs. like this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He could've waited tae the summer before leaving, the guy is a total *.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He was never a Celtic fan. Don't talk pish..

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    A year ago today you say , best thing he did for us was * off ! , Have him back for any celebrations for 9 or 10 * willing … NAW !! ask his brothers to fill in . yes I moaned about lenny , regret it but that wee guy has cemented his place in celtic folklore !!.stands all got names so name the standing section after him , Lenny's Thunder !!

still no sure we should let Kieran back … but im mellowing because I do believe he will wear the hoops again .

16. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    1. Snakey rat *
    2. I enjoyed it at the time, but he took the shine off by being a rat
    3. In some ways more (we're getting closer to 10), in some ways less (the invincible season was something else)
    4. No, he can * right off
    5. I wanted Lennon. I think the football is better under him too - much less passy passy, keep the ball, sideways and backwards. I also like a 352

17. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye ok mate.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He wanted us to bid over 7 million for McKenna I’m glad Lawwell chased him out the door * thinks money grows on trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Having arrived at the club on a one-year rolling contract, he said he was delighted to pledge the next four years of his career to what he called "the greatest club in the world" and was planning to see the contract out.

“That [ten in a row] excites the supporters," said Rodgers. "When you start to accumulate titles and you get up to six then of course that’s what they look towards. There’s a heck of a lot of work and things that could change before then. But I just wanted to commit myself to a life I love both professionally and personally.

"Maybe after one or two years the club say 'Brendan, we have had enough of you, it has been great'," he added. "I will never forget that I signed four years at Liverpool and after a year it was 'thank you very much'. So you never know what will happen. But that is the plan - the plan is to be here for four years.

"Every manager here wants to win the league each year. I am no different, so that’s the aim. We want to dominate Scottish football, get in to the Champions League and look to make a mark in Europe. The way we are building, that’s the length of time I see will help us do that."

While the club chose not to reveal the exact compensation amount required should any interested party desire to prise him away before then, Rodgers shrugged off recent speculation suggesting he could be Arsene Wenger's long-term replacement at Arsenal.

"I didn't really take any notice of that," said the Northern Irishman. "It is nice when guys like Charlie [Nicholas], who has been down there a long time, and Ray Parlour and whoever else say things like that. I've got experience of working at a big club so maybe that can have an influence. I went close with Liverpool with a team at the time which was eighth in the league. So I have got experience of a big club but I am happy to be at this club now."

As a boyhood supporter of Celtic, he feels he has a special insight into the club, and will never tire of managing in Scottish football.

"We will play Rangers six times this season," he said. "I am sure there’s a timeline when, sometime, you might look at it. But you never get bored of winning.

"There might be other things you want to experience. But there’s never been a tired day since I’ve been here at Celtic. I drive in here and it’s like driving into the best cathedral in the world.

"I could be a manager till I’m 60, so that gives me another 16 years. But, in these next four years, I want to give everything to Celtic. I have no notion to be anywhere else but here."

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Delusional :giggle1: