1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly 1 year ago.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 24, 2020.

Discuss Exactly 1 year ago..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Lenny may not be a better manager than Rodgers, but he's definitely a better Celtic manager .

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If Rod Stewart is welcome back

Brendan Rodgers should be too

Hail Hail.

freitassen likes this.
  3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Great coach. Improved so many of our players.

Full of his own self importance. So much so he was making up stories about Rangers fans coming out of their motors in traffic jams to advise him how he’s making Scottish football better.

Couldn’t sign or identify a player to save his life. He’d be the last guy I’d appoint as a scout.

Delusional tactics in Europe causing some of our most embarrassing defeats in our history. Playing triangles between Gordon, Brown and Boyata. With Neymar and Cavani just waiting to rob them at any given time.

4. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    1. about Rodgers - The anger has subsided but I do still like to see him lose. I was at Old Trafford when United beat Leicester in September and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing his face tripping him when he was walking down the tunnel at full time.

2. About the time 2016-2019 when he was in charge - great first season and knew how to win when it really mattered over his time here. The 2nd season was a bit of a slog at times including 7 home draws which were painful to watch at times. Overall he was rather naïve in Europe and his signings were very hit and miss.

3. Has the season 19/20 excited you more than the double treble or treble treble season
    - Yes definitely. It means more with Neil Lennon at the helm, even just minor things like interviews post match - Lennon shows actual passion and you can see how much it genuinely means to him whilst Rodgers was the same old boring sound bites and clichés. The football hasn't been amazing all season but as a whole, it's been more exciting under Lennon. We've scored 82 league goals in only 28 games so far and only dropped points in 3 games.

4. If we get the 10 would you welcome Rodgers back for the celebrations if Celtic wanted all 3 managers there?
    No, he's made his bed and he can lie in it. He's undoubtedly a great manager and brought us wonderful success domestically but the vast majority of fans would much rather Ronny Deila to be there which I think says it all.

5. Did you jump the gun with Lenny appointment spitting dummy out? To an extent, yes. When he came in last February, he did a decent job and although we weren't brilliant I think a bit of that can be explained by the players at his disposal for those few months. He got us over the line in the league and won the Scottish Cup after going 1 down, at which point I feared the worst. I found out about his permanent appointment walking into town after the final and I was a bit disappointed but would give him time. The Cluj debacle didn't help sway opinion in his favour (especially with team selection/subs) but he has more than made up for it since. We are flying domestically and have a big week ahead, I am confident we will progress v Copenhagen and St Johnstone.

WeeFhatTart likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He isn’t.

HH

Random Review likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Here he is the man who booed the king.
    :40:

bagforlife likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

STFU

HH

bagforlife likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely poor behaviour HH.

bagforlife likes this.
  9. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    1. At the time I felt disgusted, sick in fact. As time has passed I couldn't care how his career or life progresses.
    2. Wonderful times. First season was amazing. As his time wore on the football became a tough watch. The recruitment strategy was laughable & tbh, had he not left when he did it could have had a serious affect on this season & next. 2 transfer windows since he left we've done some reasonably good work & I'm looking forward to our signings now rather then fearing them.
    3. Tricky one. The huns, whether better or not, have put more points on the board than recent seasons & we've been under pressure. The way we have coped with that since Christmas has been brilliant & has got me very excited. Its been more nervous than any of the previous three seasons thats for sure. The fact we're beating decent teams in Europe again would probably make me overall say yes.
    4. Welcome isn't the right word. I think he should be invited back, treated with the respect the occasion deserves not the person. Then shuffled out the door to remain just an entry in our history books. Celtic fans know him, know what he is, who he really is behind the pr mask. Don't give him adulation his massive ego craves.
    5. Yes. Neil Lennon is one of my favorite all time players. He was vital, absolutely vital in Martin O'Neill turning us back in the 00's. I genuinely thought him coming back was the wrong decision for all, many did. Having appointed who we did in 2016 I thought we would have that pull again & get a 'big hitter'. But Lennon has won me over, the recruitment has been very good, the switch to 2 up front long overdue, the results in Europe, his interviews, sideline demeanour are all positives for me & scream a man who knows what he's doing. Being picky squad roration is the only thing I'd be questioning, which in the grand scheme of things is very minor.

Just a side note, I had stopped watching our last managers interviews/press conferences, don't think I need to explain why, but I now look forward to Lennys. I find them very articulate and a great listen. Good times to be us.

freitassen and JML67 like this.
  10. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    Rodgers is a mercenary and we are better off without him, we now have a man in charge who has a GENUINE love for the club, has us playing better football AND has us performing in Europe. I know who I prefer.

11. WeeFhatTart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik Larsson, Present - Jullien
    How do we feel a year down the line?

1. About Rodgers - Total snake. Snuck out the back door at an extremely important part of our season, all the lies about McGrain, supporting us as a young boy etc just make me absolutely raging. Tarnished everything he achieved as our manager and made things even worse when he tried to sandbag us by taking the coaching and backroom staff. Could have been a legend, now he's a *.
    2. About the time 2016-2019 when he was in charge - I was delighted we signed a manager with a bit of pedigree, we had very decent results against Them when he was the manager, won our first treble since MON. Everything had seemingly clicked into place.
    3. Has the season 19/20 excited you more than the double treble or treble treble season - this season definitely, partly because of the euro performances but more so because of our team potential. The stats speak for themselves and having a manager who genuinely loves the club means far more when we are successful.
    4. If we get the 10 would you welcome Rodgers back for the celebrations if Celtic wanted all 3 managers there? - Nope. Brought so much success to the club and chucked his reputation down the drain for money. It's the same with players who potentially make an appearance for it, I only want the guys back who genuinely understood the club, for example, Lustig, Izaguirre, Samaras etc. I'll go out on a limb with an extremely controversial one and say that I'd include Commons in that too.
    5. Did you jump the gun with Lenny appointment spitting dummy out? - Absolutely. Looking at his record it looked like we signed a manager who had only failed everywhere he went after us. Wasn't the man I wanted considering Hibs didn't even think he was the right man for them. Lennon's tactical decisions still baffle me at times and it's frustrating to see he has clear favourites in the team that he won't budge on but looks like he's learnt a lot from his last tenure. Has guided us to continued success and shown a bit of passion along the way. Celtic legend, no other way about it.

12. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Rodgers was fantastic in what he dobe for the club. We all bought into the * he fed us. Although perdonally I never thought for a minute he'd be here for ten. He was here longer than I thought he would be. If he ever came back, I would applaud him. No questions. It's called gratitude. He left for whatever reason. Big * deal. Players have done it in the past and will do again. Put it this way guys like Cadete,Di Canio,Wanyama,Van Dijk,Armstrong could probably do the half time draw and * would be jizzing in their jeans. They all left for the almight dollar first and foremost. Big * deal. I'd do the same. They ain't supporters like us and never will be.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Still can't stand seeing him on the telly.

Terrific manager who did a brilliant job, but the way he left still leaves a bitter taste. Shame.

Doogs. and Whoflungdung like this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

I was relieved when he left tbh

Great start no doubt, but a steady decline in each season. Horrific signings, dreadful style of play from 17/18 onwards, * displays in Europe.. Just a pure selfish basted of a man

Jacob knows and Whoflungdung like this.
  15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Rodgers is a jammy * who inherited a great team from Ronny Deila, the true mastermind behind the treble treble.

FranceCelt likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Is there any real expectation of inviting previous managers and players back for the 10? Or is this just one of those things people think could potentially happen, that's grown arms and legs?

17. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Maybe if the club release a DVD it may happen in some form.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Saw through him long before he left..

Couldn't listen to his utter *..

Couldn't look at his greasy wee face..

Talked about greats and how Tommy Burns rubbed off on him. Tommy would've been disgusted with him. "They're there and they're always there" yet this creepy dwarf rat bolted and tried to wipe out our whole backroom staff when we needed him most..

If anyone welcomes him back at any point they are for the watching in my eye's..

What he said about Danny McGrain to mingle in and how false he was at those big nights just summed him up..

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They'll definitely release a DVD, but no guarantee Ronny or ex players will want to show up for the celebrations.

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There is no way any one at the club will have hinted anything about it tbh mate. Would get slaughtered for preparing tiar celebrations now.

Just an idea from fans that has gathered speed.

@WeeFhatTart I'd agree Commons was an important player who definitely "got it" about Celtic. * knows what's happened since.