1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Channel 4 Programme

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Feb 22, 2020.

Discuss Channel 4 Programme in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Anybody worried about the fallout from this

2. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's a wider problem than just ourselves. Hopefully any and every sick * who's guilty of abusing kids are brought to justice and we do all we can to prevent it happening ever again within football especially at Celtic.

The quite obvious agenda of the 'reporter' who is making this documentary is to make this a Celtic problem, and ignoring any of the other incidences of this occuring at other clubs...

https://thecelticstar.com/famous-fo...silence-channel-4s-alex-thomson-latest-tweet/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    HoopyT likes this.
  4. TimFloyd Gold Member

It's depressing that this just turns into a point scoring exercise, the vast majority of idiots foaming at the mouth over this news aren't the slightest bit concerned over the actual victims well-being

As mentioned this is a nationwide issue, many many clubs up and down the country have had these instances in the past so it should be dealt with as a nationwide issue.

5. Jeremie Frimpong

Lawyers will come after us, rather than the actual perpetrators, because they are motivated by greed, rather than the pursuit of justice, and supporters of rival clubs, and the media, will attempt to tarnish our reputation out of bitterness, but no one associated with the club today ought to feel guilt or shame about other people's crimes. We are innocent.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's needs to be treated as a societal issue in general. No matter what scenario this happens any country or continent it's an abhorrent crime committed by people who've no remorse.

I get the feeling this Alex Thomson guy is only so concerned for the victims and a bit more concerned in how this will affect Celtic FC.

scuzzy likes this.
  7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Questions do need to be answered but there are so many clubs involved in this * and he better of put as much effort into them.

Once he’s done with this do you think he’ll maybe investigate the politicians, police and royal family for decades of paedophile rings and cover ups? Of course not.

8. joemc

Make no mistake ,this is being done as an evening up issue from his ebt and tax case on rangers ,you cant attack one without the other ,except this is more an issue in all walks of life and probably more so in the past than now.
    I really hope Celtic's lawyers are all over this ,as it's being portrayed as a problem in our club only ,to satisfy an element of this country we live in , it will be used to silence our demand to see justice done for the res 12 ,5 way agreement.
    This is has hun led agenda all over it and for too long fans of our club have had to listen to chants from other fans while the same things have happened throughout football in general , if this is getting aired ,celtic have the right to be shown this before hand as it's been headed by our club and stadium to garner interest.
    If it's in any way being shown to be a problem only in our club then I want to see us do something about it and force through a true reflection of the image they are looking to paint , for moral reasons we have stayed away from dragging other clubs into this as it's not about that , this is an issue in sport and should be shown this way without trying to form the opinion it's our problem alone .

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    In a word NO. As has been said this is a societal issue having been perpetrated by those associated with football clubs up and down the land including Celtic and Rangers. If this guy is making it all about Celtic then I imagine Lawyers will be involved. In the end though those who suffered at the hands of these freaks wont get justice. Point scoring isn't something that concerns me from the fans of that embarrassment of a club

PaulM1888, Scotia, Heb Celt and 4 others like this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Embarrassing post.

Clubs in England have been involved in it as well so the whole ‘even up’ patter is a load of *.

The only people acting like it’s a Celtic problem alone are Huns. Thomson has confirmed he’s doing a series of reports on Scottish football so their tune will change when they’re caught up in it.

The only people who should be worried with regards to Celtic is the likes of Jack McGinn and co. The current board have nothing to do with past scandals.

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I hate to say this but if lawyers were going to win the argument they would have done so already. This is all about morality and what is the right thing to do in the circumstances. Links were said to be less than tenuous but there's still a moral responsibility to look at this situation sympathetically. I think that the club doesn't want to go down that road because then they're admitting culpability.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Our poor handling of this matter leaves us open to this type of journalism.

We should have been much more accountable, contrite and victim focused.

I get there’s a tricky legal issue around admission of wrong doing, but is just seems to me that we could have handled it with a bit more class and empathy.

I’m interested to see the results of our own investigation and hopefully that will help set some matters straight, but I think the victims may see it as too little too late.

steg, Garrymac1888 and Jeannie960 like this.
  13. joemc

Then why head the programme with our club , this is my issue and its embarrassing that you think it's not aimed at satisfying the huns after his ebt programme , it may very well be more balanced as it plays , but to use our club to generate hype is in * poor taste and plays to their tune .

ciaran72 likes this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm glad it is receiving attention.

Don't give a * what anyone thinks about us. The end goal of justice for any victims is all I care about.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The guy knows any negative story about us or them will generate interest.

There are questions that need answered but he's in the wrong place looking for them. He should be outside the houses of anyone associated with the club in that period asking them.

Keano88 and JML67 like this.
  16. joemc

Yes this is true , but the trailer for this should never have been about our club alone ,it should have been sport in general , but would that get the same interest from the people .

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbh I feel appalled for the victims. We should be doing more for them and then they have fans either chanting about their abuse or using it as an insult for us, the fans of Celtic FC.

Every hun doesn't want justice for the victims. They want punishment for Celtic FC. They're more than happy to turn a blind eye at their own history of abuse if they can stick the boot into their rivals.

This isn't a Celtic FC problem. This is a generational sporting problem as clubs all over the land have these issues.

We should be doing more. So should others.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sensationalism, we are the biggest club in Scotland., it's what journalists do. It also mentioned Scottish Football first in the tweet.

I won't comment much more until I have seen the programme.

I understand why it's upsetting people and get your view. Just not a massive deal for me.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

I agree, but I have a feeling that 'justice' will be extracted from the pockets of Celtic supporters.

20. joemc

Maybe best that it comes from the board members who ran with loads of cash when Fergus had to bankroll them to leave , and many dug their heels until they got more .