1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 16, 2020.

Discuss FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I genuinely think some are getting too upset. Lenny tried to change things with a sub at 60 mins, one people in here were calling for, sadly the sub had a * game.
    In the defensive third we gave them few chances, got them caught offside a few times and only enabled them 2 shots on target.
    1st half showed how good they can be, and how we can dominate. The reality is no team in the last 32 is going to be *.

2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Very negative reaction. You can't expect to go away in Europe and boss the whole game. We outplayed them in the 1st half and could have been 3 up. There was always going to be a reaction from them in the 2nd half and despite that we still had as many decent chances as they did. Overall it was a decent performance and a decent result and we should really have won.

Random Review and JML67 like this.
  3. Sentinel

You are correct. It is a very negative reaction. The reason I feel it is justified, is that we have talented players. Their team didn't look at all clever - especially in the first half. We have been guilty of profligacy many times this season and we still continue to miss too many chances (can't always be helped, I know this). More frustrating is the lack of decision making in the final third. McGregor through on goal 3 v 2 and shooting over the bar is a prime example. We need to make our good moments count.

The second half we become too passive and let the game happen to us, instead of forcing our will on it. I feel we often run out of ideas and this is the manager and coaches fault. We invite so much pressure and are always our own worst enemy. You have seen Ntcham lazily giving the ball away domestically so many times and it doesn't get punished, but tonight he waits for the ball to come to him and loses out letting them in to score.

The fact that no one is training that out of him, or that he is allowed to keep making the same mistakes over and over again is what really irks me. That and many other things. I do take your point aboard about the negativity.

4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Great result and we are in the driving seat now. They looked very average.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Before the game I would of taken 1-1 but with all the chances we had should of really taken the back home but instead somehow almost got robbed. We looked much better with Christie on the wing coming inside and linking with Eddy, unfortunately when he moved inside they lacked quality support.

We sat far too deep 2nd half and invited the pressure on, * even knows what formation we played when Jozo came on cause we were all over the shop but again take the 1-1, very confident we'll take them next week at Parkhead with Griff and Taylor back in.

JML67 likes this.
  6. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Next week if everyone fit would like

Forster

ElHamed
    Julien
    Ajer

Forrest
    Nctham
    Brown
    McGregor
    Elyounoussi /Boli Boli

Thumb
    Eddy

Pearse67* likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Is this a definite? Massive boost if they're both back.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lenny said Taylor was back the weekend..

Griff only had a knock in training and think Elhamed might be available..

JML67 likes this.
  9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    First half we were decent although slack as well at times I thought, missed too many chances and looked to be taking it too easy. 2nd half they basically ran over the top of us and we looked tired and unable to compete.

Should have ended the tie tonight although at least we never lost it, leaves a bit of pressure on the home game now were we need to go 2 goals up to be comfortable.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. cammy07

What was most disappointing was the fact we just totally didn't react to them tweaking their formation slightly. Their wingers went narrow and almost made it a box in the middle and our full backs didn't know whether they were coming or going.

Not sure if it was arrogance or total neglect but it was pretty clear before they scored the goal was coming, we just did nothing about it.

Ultimately you just won't get off with wasting so many chances in Europe.

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't want to rush Elhamed back in given how quickly he's picked up injuries so far but Griff and Taylor should still be fairly sharp.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye should be back for Kilmarnock.

JML67 likes this.
  13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    You're preaching to the converted about Ntcham. I thought they chucked everything they had at us in the 2nd half and we stood up to them and restricted them to 1 chance. The disappointing thing for me was the lack of composure when we did get the ball in the 2nd half - we should have hit them on the break better than we did but even having said that we still had chances. We should take them a Parkhead.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In fairness to them, they're switch of tactics and tempo completely took us off guard. And we coulsnt really recover from that first 15 mins of the 2nd half despite making some changes ourselves.

I was always expecting a spell of them being on top despite that 1st half. But regardless to almost capitulate like that 2nd half is disappointing.

Big positive is the amount of chances we created and the fact we are still firmly in control.

15. joemc

I agree to a certain extent about anticipating where the ball will go and pressing , but the way we play if the ball doesnt arrive there you have a player ,or players out of position ,its a catch 22 it can work for you but it can be risky .

16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All in all happy with tonight. Always looked like scoring and confident we will at home!

On another night Edouard would have scored at least 2 of his 4 chances. Defended too deep in the 2nd half but all good in the end.

17. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That second half was painful to watch. Our finishing and decision making in the final third was very poor all game. We could have won by 2 or 3 on another night so I won't be too critical. I thought that it would be close beforehand and I'll take an away goal to go into the home leg. Confident of progressing

18. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

We need to hit them hard and fast, cause the Scandinavian teams will. When they come to paradise...they will be out for blood. Playing like we have done with rankers in a game like EL wont cut it. I hope we gonna do better next time.

19. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Too many folk on here over react at every given opertunity time and time again.

We will put them to bed at home.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

* yeah mate:50:

kinglenny likes this.