1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I actually remind as a kid Larsson's head band getting stolen when we won the league and not realising what it actually meant :56: and if we ever won a game kids threatening people if they say anything there getting battered... 2 middle fingers in the air screaming celtic are the champions at them and running for my life through the school :56: good times. Its unprecedented amount of success we are having and I * love every second of it.

bobs1974 likes this.
  2. Cringer67

Went through my entire schooling with them doing 9iar and I can still feel the pain. That grief will make sure I never tire of winning against them. Ever. Personally I won’t rest until we overtake them as Scotland most successful club. And it’s coming. The arrogance they have shouting about ‘55’ when they are * irks me. Never mind 10IAR, we should be ramming doing 55 ourselves right down their throats right now.

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah fair * to all the lads who had to watch us struggle through the 90s under their doped up shadow (my da constantly reminds me I've only known good times). Must've been brutal - but makes it all the more sweet that we can inflict that on them.. completely legitimately too.

They must be sick, and it's fantastic! :62:

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The 1 in a row was a great feeling, a massive achievement . I was watching Rangers last few years of dominance and was scared of 10 in a row. I imagine they will be feeling the same.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: It will be a difficult game. They're tactically very smart."

NL: "We're in good form going in to the game. We know we cant take anything for granted."

NL: "The pitch looks fantastic. We've just been out to have a look and I think when the players see it they'll be looking forward to it."

NL: "We've got a good compliment of players with us. But they're a strong team, difficult to beat and they game out of a difficult group

NL: "We had a brilliant result at the weekend and I think the players will be ready for the experience tomorrow night."

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Mad Tommy :56: aw my mates dad hate him, used to be a good Pollok boy.

9. cammy07

Big night for lenny tonight, not usual to be going away in Europe with so much expectation on us, but if there's a man for the occasion it's him.

Think he'll go back to the 4-2-3-1 that's worked so well in Europe up to now.

Fully expecting a right tough game, wouldn't expect them to give us anything so we'll have to be clinical when the chances come and be switched on at the back.

Any sort of win would be a brilliant result.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: It was a brilliant start and we could have been two or three up in the first half."

NL: "We gave away a sloppy goal from our point of view. We gave away possession around our box and that happened far too often in the second half."

NL: "We weren’t ruthless enough tonight and in the end we had to rely on Fraser to make the save from the penalty, but I’m delighted that we have an away goal to take back to Celtic Park next week

NL on VAR: "It’s a difficult one because it was headed into Ryan’s arm but an unnatural arm position meant the referee couldn’t really make any other decision."

NL on Fraser Forster: "It was a big moment in the tie and, thankfully, he’s pulled off a brilliant save. He’s done that many times before and I’m sure he’ll do it again."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big worry tonight for me.

copenhagen changed their shape to the way Gerrard lines up the huns against us and we couldn’t cope AGAIN!!!!

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We will have a different shape v The Huns..

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mate, try and relax for once :56:This wasn't our natural formation either, if the entire game was like the second half aye i'd be worried, but we still had the better chances.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

When we face that compact midfield type it is an issue for us. Not sure what the answer is either. I can only believe a wanyama type would go a long long was way fixing that type of game

16. Keano88

Only if we can keep Griff and Édouard injury free, which isn’t a guarantee with Griff’s recent injury history of picking up niggles.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    If Griff isn't fit I'd still go with Mo or someone up beside Eddy..

Braga again showed 2 up top can trouble them big time and Eddy is a different player with a partner. Even a Bayo if he plays game's whilst Griff is potentially out. An intelligent player (Mo) or a player to stretch the play in behind (Bayo or Kimala) if either gets a chance and shows form..

JC Anton likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think even if Griff or Ed is struggling for whatever reason we'll se something different.. Maybe..

Forster
    Elhamed Julien Ajer
    Forrest Brown McGregor Taylor
    Christie Elyoynoussi
    Edouard

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye we can't go and play them same 4-2-3-1 with 2 wingers out wide and the same 3 who've been overran by them on more than one occasion..

Has to be a different approach. A similar type 3-5-2 that we've tried but a bit more rigid with Elhamed back in possibly as you say..

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly that or the 3-5-2 would be almost perfect for the huns game, issue is will Elhamed be fully fit by then? Going in with Simunovic will cause us problems imo.

JC Anton likes this.