1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seosamh Máirtín

Here we *' go...!

[​IMG]

:57::ynwacelti

2. M 67

Not played in ages so just gonna wait until the January transfer patch. Does this usually land early Feb??

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Work permits after Brexit was a pain in the * for me, not sure I'll do another Celtic save after that.
    Done 5 seasons there, won the champions League twice and had a good squad for season 2-4. But work permits was really * me up in getting young talent in to the team. No matter how much I convinced the board to improve facilities as well, the youth intake was near shocking - which is unusual for me with a Celtic save. Think I had 2 reasonable players come through in all 5 intakes.
    Anyone from outside the UK was impossible to get a permit for, unless they were already established internationals, which was fine in some parts, after the first champions League win I had the money to sign the likes of Kepa and some others of that standard. But as we got to the second and final seasons the money was tighter at the club again and had to sell a few off to get the balance sheet back in order. Then trying to sign established players again became an issue.
    Would normally be later February, even early march. They need to wait for pretty much every transfer window to shut and then do testing etc.

I'd say you have time to start a new save now, specially if you don't go Celtic, or a team you are close to and know the players should be changed.
    At least 4 weeks away I reckon.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

4. M 67

Cool cheers

Peej likes this.
  5. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  6. Seosamh Máirtín

I had 2 brilliant youth prospects come through and City and Arsenal swooped in and grabbed em just before/after they turned professional, and I lost em! Raging.

Peej likes this.
  7. Seosamh Máirtín

Sad day...

[​IMG]

Extraordinary career with the Bhoys! He leaves having scored 114 goals after joining midway in the 19/20 season and leaving in 22/23 :56:Last season's 48 in all competitions showed his real fruition as a Celtic icon. Unfortunately not enough to become a legend, however! Slan :58:

Peej likes this.
  8. snails67 Gold Member Gold Member

does anyone know of any no brexit patches for this as it makes doing a uk save a pain ?

9. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Just got the game mate, and as I have done since 2009 started with Celtic. Sent Connell and Frimpong out on loan 1st season, play Johnstone and getting rewarded for doing so. When did you start featuring Dembele?

10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Ive also not reached the point of Brexit... Not looking forward to it at all! But at the same time I was always a big fan of a Ukraine or Russian save where challenges with Permits and the like were rife. Just a new challenge I suppose, always look for Home nations youth anyway

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I have done a few saves (at Celtic and in Spain) and I've utilised dembele at different stages. At real betis, I wanted him in permanently and quickly, so I ended up playing him a handful of games in season one. At Celtic I've sent him out on loan for 18 months before, other times just 6 months.
    I tend to try and make it so that him and Forrest are the only two right wingers I have, so once I've for rid of shved and arzani I'm normally content to sell.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Right, nearly half way through the season and not featuring him at al. Going to get him involved, also defo going to go down the same route of having only Forrest & him on the right. Seen pics of his stats further down the line and he turns out decent like :50:

13. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Also does Connell turn out any good, tearing up the championship with Dundee U for me just now

14. Seosamh Máirtín

New update has been released for anyone who was experiencing Match Engine rage - 1v1s and clear cut chances fixed, in particular

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m assuming there’s no way to move Celtic to a different league in game?

I’m four seasons into a game with Celtic and doing well in Europe but domestic football is a canter and players are all starting to want moves to better leagues.

16. Flumpy9

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatem Abd Elhamed
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The coronation cup song
    Not sure if you can with the in game editor but you certainly can pre save. I’m thinking about using the editor to create a big three tier European football league, gets a bit boring dominating Scottish football so easily!

Anyone relatively far into the game can tell me how a Brazilian boy named ‘Lincoln’ turns out? I’ve just paid a relatively hefty performance based fee for him after glowing reports from a few of my scouts. Has great mentals and good physical and technical for his age. Was a bit wary especially when I brought him off the bench in a qualifier and he was ganting. But he’s just scored five at home to Ross County in the Betfred (two penalties and they had a man sent off in the 3rd minute)

17. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    What skin do you use mate?

18. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    No got a clue who to manage. Done 6 months with Motherwell but with nae budget, practically forced into a 3-5-2 which is keeping me floating about 8th-10th and struggling to score is killing my soul. Might start again with a couple of years at Celtic, win the 10 then move on to a challenge in England or Germany.

19. M 67

quite fancy giving motherwell a spin, but is it a nightmare aye ?

20. M 67

Update ooooot!