1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Of course they count towards a players overall tally for a season. They're competitive matches. They don't count to the Europa league proper scoring charts but they're not goals you can just disregard. 8 goals in qualifying, 6 in the groups. 10 of those goals against respectable (atleast) opposition. His performance in Europe can't be questioned at all

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Gurru 991

Thats probably way too much information. I'm sure you will find another target for your affection.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Wish folk would stop comparing him with Morelos, its comparing honey and dug *.

4. BarryBhoy

Larsson was one of the best headers of the ball I've ever seen despite his size. I don't even mind that Eddy doesn't score many headers but if he added that to his game then he would be untouchable. He doesn't look it on TV but he is a unit, tall and strong but also very nimble and agile. He will be gone in the summer.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Getting a good relegation challenge at the moment- watched the ATV and they’re so bad they seemed reasonably happy getting a 0-0 draw at Burnley and a clean sheet, Tierney s a good player but even if he’s fit need a lot more than him to improve them to even top 6

6. The10iscominghome Upthera1888

Big eddy would stroll into ANY team in the premier league if someone comes in with 30mil I’d tell them to * off easily worth 40/50 mil at his age there’s not many players like him his all round play is unbelievable only thing missing from hiis game is scoring headers if he improved on that he would be untouchable hopefully he’s still here this time next year hopefully we pull out all the stops give him 35k a week and make sure he’s here for the 10

7. northeast67

Totally agree and let him know it done Henk no harm, make the offer it's a win win for everyone, he gets top wages or bonuses and give him number 7. HH

Ipswichbhoy67 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Heading a ball isn't really something you add to your game, it's probably just your mentality in how you've always played the game. Some people fearlessly attack every ball in the air like Jullien and Bayo and some people don't it's just not their nature to attack a ball probably worried about getting clattered or the just aren't switched on enough to see a ball coming and get into position for it like Edouard and Ajer despite their size.

BarryBhoy likes this.
  9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Down to Newcastle as part of the Ashley payment?
    Why not. Stranger things have happened

10. JamesM09

Griffiths another good example. You’d fancy him to compete for a header a lot better than Edouard.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Declan Gallagher’s comments are brilliant :giggle1:

“His one-touch play, his link-up, he’s two-footed – he has got absolutely everything, all the attributes. It’s hard to
    stop him.

“When Edouard is on that kind of form he is unplayable.

“I was trying to get tight to him during the match but I’m still actually looking for him now to see if I can find him to get tight to him.”

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Declan Gallagher is an utter *

13. Damnati

Do share...

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bops folk on the head with baseball bats

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon has backed blistering Odsonne Edouard to blast his way in to the France squad for the Euros.

The Celtic boss reckons the World Cup winners will be keeping tabs on the red hot hitman who has come back from the winter break with a bang.

Edouard has rattled seven goals in his last five games to fire the champions seven points in front in the race for the Premiership and set up tomorrow’s Scottish Cup last 16 clash with Clyde.

The 22-year-old’s sizzling displays have prompted lofty comparisons with Celtic great Henrik Larsson and former £20m man Moussa Dembele and his manager reckons it won’t be long before his national team takes a look at one of the hottest properties in Europe.

France has a dazzling array of strikers, such as Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud and Kingsley Coman – with the likes of Man Utd’s Anthony Martial and ex-Celt Dembele also pushing claims.

But Lennon reckons Edouard must be in with a shout with his current form for club and his country’s under 21s.

The hitman has blasted 24 goal for the Hoops this term – and an incredible 11 in just six games since September for the Baby Bleus.

Lennon said: “It would be a huge shot in the arm for him. A huge boost. Confidence always does a player the world of good. I’m sure they are monitoring him very closely.

His record with the French under-21s is excellent. But they are the World Cup winners and have such strength in depth, so I don’t know.

“He’s scored in Old Firm games, cup finals and Europe. He’s done all of it. The form he is in is really helping the team. But his record in the big games is outstanding.”

Lennon knows with Edouard Celtic are sitting on a huge asset and he is expecting a summer scramble for his services.

But the Hoops gaffer said: “It’s inevitable he will attract interest. I don’t want to talk about that - I’m in a good mood!

“He could play in most top leagues and for most top teams, no problem at all. His potential is massive.

“He’s not only done it at domestic level, he’s done it at European level as well.

“A price tag? Don’t even ask me. Leave him be! Listen, we know (he’s not going to be here forever) but you’ll have to ask the board what their price on it is.”

Chris Sutton drew the Larsson parallels while ex-Celtic boss Gordon Strachan hailed the frontman as the best seen in Scotland in years – but Lennon insisted Edouard is his own man.

He said: “That’s exalted company they are placing him in. How do I rate him? He’s just a brilliant footballer.

“I don’t want to compare him to anybody because he can do different things. He can play up on his own or can drop into the spaces and pockets.

“He’s got good feet, his link up play is getting a lot better which is really important for him. His goal tally already is fantastic.”

Edouard’s form has sparked debate among Celtic fans – with many insisting the youngster is now even better than predatory predecessor Dembele.

But – unlike Dembele – the current main man has not been agitating for a move.

Lennon said: “I never had the luxury or the opportunity of working with Moussa but I really liked him as a player.

“He was powerful, really strong and quick, a good goalscorer. Eddie is very similar but they are different types. “Moussa was more of a target type, if you wan’t to call him that, but he could go in behind as well.

“Eddie can do a bit of both, he can drop deep and play off the shoulder

There’s always comparisons between players but I’m just delighted with the way he is playing and I’m delighted to be able to work with him. But it would not be fair to say one is better than the other.

“They are different personalities.

“You can see by the way he is playing he is happy and his representatives are pretty happy with the way things are going.

“He’s really quiet, he doesn’t give much away. But he’s a lovely boy. He looks happy.

“He’s just in a good place and is playing brilliant football. I’m really enjoying working with him and he is very easy to manage. We have a good relationship and I just want that to continue.

At 22, he’s only going to get better.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. Onefootwonder

I would be utterly fantastic if we could put together a great deal to make him stay for one more year. Leave on a high of 10 in a row.

He will have his choice of a lot of top clubs. He doesn't need an intermediate team.

17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    i posted in another Celtic forum about Eddie..

He is happy with us,, the fans love him ,,, he loves the fans ,,, he is getting better every game..... Champions league beckons next season i think he will be here for that ... and that will be the last season we will have him.... so lets enjoy a great player while we have him and forget about him leaving..... we had another player who was with us for 7.5 years and money was not his *...he loved the Celtic family

cidermaster and Garrymac1888 like this.
  18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I was having a blether today about Eddy with a few lads, ..now it wasnt like he was miserable or nonchalant about stuff, or non responsive, but I have never seen his smile wider or look happier when scoring.

This young man is in a wonderful place.

Boruc17 likes this.
  19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

How many years does he have left?

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:35: Great post and the comparison with the other lad, here's hoping.

However, the posting on another forum...ya two timing, flirtatious *!

cidermaster, Rydo1888* and Dalbeth3 like this.