1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Laughing off those wanks throwing * at him. If it was the other way about......

Thought he was quite poor first half. Lot of poor touches and passes but the service was dreadful as well to be fair. Lot of long ball's first half which just don't suit us..

Grafted like * and like almost the full side....was better second half. Was a few wee passes he * up where a player would've been in but he can be happy with his night..

He's 100% on the right track. I'll be honest, I didn't think he had it in him..

kinglenny likes this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

He's proving me wrong just now

Not sure about him starting in Europe, but he's been very good since Dubai. Best I've seen him play since 2016/2017 to be honest

4. Maestro 08

Honestly thought he was finished here, mainly because he was so far out the picture, then out of nowhere and after signing a new striker Lenny hands him a succession of starts. Little bit bizarre but maybe Klimala coming in has reinvigorated him and fair play he's grab the opportunity with both hands. The link up play with Edouard is very promising.

5. oh bhoy

I wonder if this actual stamp will get as much coverage

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Pure accident.

Damnati and Marty McFly like this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I was a critic in recent months but i was never in denial of what a fit griffiths can bring to the team.
    Starting to look dangerous again and another game under his belt and i hope he can continue to play a huge part in the run in.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Delighted for him.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So impressed by the way he tore back to win the ball in midfield to set up first goal. Took his goal well, had presence of mind to take a touch. Although he did squander a few chances, was constantly getting himself into good positions. Should continue to improve match sharpness, just hoping he can stay fit.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Wasn't sure he'd get the game time to actually get back up to speed but he's looked sharp and hungry since Dubai which is great.

Him and Eddie are too much for anyone in Scotland to handle.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s not looking at Brown and planting his foot to moving direction. Nothing in that. He’d tell you that.

Damnati, KRS-1888 and Marty McFly like this.
  12. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Can tell he's still not fully sharp, a couple of fluffed chances on his right in recent games.

Hes linking up really well with Edouard, can tell they're both intelligent players and both seem to play better with a partner.

It's no coincidence that Eddy is tearing it up dropping deeper now that he's not burdened with doing it all on his own up top.

13. oh bhoy

The sly glance around before then the blatant change of direction of his leg towards brown it's clear he meant it it's x10 times worse than what Griffiths did

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No glance and blatant change of direction towards the ball. Take the green tinted specs off.

15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    On current form, he's the difference between a close run flip of coin title race and burning them off by march. We are far better domestically with two up top. Fair play to the guy hopefully he just keeps getting better as the season progresses.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That backhel to Eddy for Ntcham’s sitter was * glorious :56:

His absolute graft got us the first goal though, he can be delighted with that.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LG: "We’ve played a few games so far this year, and we’ve won every one of them. We need to keep that going on Sunday."

LG: "The manager might make a few changes on Sunday, but we’ll go in full of confidence. We need to bring our A-game, because Clyde will be looking to cause a shock. As players, we don’t want to be on the receiving end of a cup shock."

LG: "Odsonne and I feed off each other. He likes to go short, and I like to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Our partnership has been working really well. Long may that continue for both of us."

LG: "Odsonne is a great player. His free-kicks are unbelievable, I don’t think I’ve seen anybody hit a ball like that. He’s got a weird technique where he gets whip and power on them. If he keeps putting them in the back of the net, then I’m happy."

LG: "I’ve still got a bit to go, but as long as I’m contributing to the team, then that’s only going to help me. But it’s not about me, it’s about the team. Now, we want to progress on Sunday."

tarboltontim likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They're both enjoying playing with each other..

Both are being as unselfish as possible as well. Griff isn't hitting every free-kick. The way they're laying each other off. The reaction when either score to each other..

Really positive signs..

20. horseshoe

Never doubted he'd make a contribution if/when he sorted his head out and got back to full fitness again, but have to say I'm really impressed with how quickly he's forming this partnership with Eddy after being sidelined for so long, they look like they've been playing together for ages. Wonder if we've been working on 3-5-2 in training for a while this season even if we've only started using it recently.

Whoflungdung likes this.