1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Real pressure now on Lenny, had no option but to come out and say he was happy with the squad, we just need to hope it dosen't go * up.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  2. SuperZidane

Before Lennon got the job - a lot of his supporters were saying how 'he won't take any * from Lawwell' or "he'll have a list of demands that Lawwell will have to agree to". Well - that was a load of BS.

The truth is ( as has been proven) that he was very fortunate to get another chance and he is happy to play Lawwell's game - i.e. this * he's been coming out with about transfers.

I don't rate Lennon as highly as you. Some of the performances (particularly the last 2 against Rangers) showed that Lennon is hardly a tactical genius.

If he's as good a manager as you think - then he should have the balls to stand up to Lawwell and say I'm off if you continue to play it cheap.

Apparently, he is either not confident enough to do that or he's happy to be Lawwell's puppet as long as he keeps his job.

I'm no fan of Lawwell BTW but if Lennon is prepared to be his puppet and things do go * Up - he deserves to be criticised.

Any manager can sit there and claim that he could have done better if he had more money to spend. Right now, I'd say its 50/50 for the league and may come down to the next 2 "old firm" games.

If we lose the league to this Rangers team - then Lennon should go - it's that simple. I would like to see Lawwell go also but I don't think we would be that fortunate.

crazy-horse1977 and Twisty like this.
  3. john2061

According to a guy on radio Clyde the other night he says Lennon is leaving at the end of the season for a job down south and the pundits on it has says this guy in the past has had a good few right .

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sounds like absolute horse * to me.

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What team down south would want him ? His stock was higher after his last stint at the club and he ended up at a Bolton side in utter turmoil.

That's not a dig at him as I thought he could have got a better gig than that, at that time.

paulie walnuts and Artorias like this.
  6. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Sounds like he’s had a good few right enough.

7. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's difficult to believe Neil wouldn't want to be here for the ten.

8. DonnyCelt

I'm so respects he is but a good manager wouldnt fail to address key areas of the team.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. john2061

It would explain why the board have only brought projects in and not established players as maybe the manager not going to be there .
    If you remember last January when we only brought loan players in we were wondering why and 2 weeks later the rat had * off down south .

10. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He must be raging , given a couple of young projects when the team is screaming out for some quality in defence . We should be building the team when we are in a strong position and not waiting until we are on our * . The biscuit tin is still alive and well at paradise.

11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it before and will say it again. Massive fan of Lennon, past, present and always will hope he does well in the future, however, he is a yes man to Pete and DD.

He landed on his feet after possibly going to end up in the wilderness post-Hibs. If Neil wasn’t an ex-player and ex-manager at our club and we bring in a guy that flopped at Bolton and left Hibs in the manner he did, after the caliber of manager that just left, there’d have been a monumental uproar, an uproar that would have easily eclipsed the Cup Final showergate.

If I landed on my feet like Neil did, I’d be eternally grateful and wouldn’t want to rock the boat knowing what happens when it goes overboard. 100% yes man.

That aside, yes man or not, our club do this and do this regularly. It should not be a surprise to anyone. Sure, we have the odd window where we spend a few bob, I’d say of recent times that’d be more to do with meeting the previous managers expectations, expectations that are now replaced with the polar opposite, Lennons “I’ll take what I’m given”.

12. StevieBhoooy!

He might not get the chance....

Has there been any club response to window ‘business’?

Id love somebody at a Press conference to just openly ask him what happened to the 2 experienced players that were to come in?

Of course.. he will claim to be happy because he’s only too glad to be in the job and will get on with it under whatever terms PL chucks at him. He was Peter Lawwell’s to control the moment the contract was passed over the cubicle wall.

Lawwell knows it. Lennon knows it . The media know it. WE know it. And everybody knows that we all know it.

.... but nobody is prepared to say it out loud.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  13. CountyDownFaithful

He needs to start giving Shved and Arzani game time now. Both are highly rated for a reason.

Some players hate training but are a completely different animal in a competitive game.

Let’s see what they can do, as our winger options are very limited now.

Lilac Wine and cfcturbo like this.
  14. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    And dembele and connell

15. Mince.Charming

Every Manager under Lawwell has went through this. So everyone of them are yes men?
    We are all frustrated but this is the fault of Lawwell and the board.

It would be crazy for Neil to come out and publicly slate the board and basically tell his players he isn't happy with the squad.

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well said. I'm sure Lawwell doesn't care who's the manager when it comes to our budget. Plus the smsm are bad enough without us saying we're in dire need when it's actually a wee bit overblown. It would have been great to get more experience and better back up in but has every other team done that?

What is a pity is how Lawwell * it up the first time Lenny was here because when I think of the youth Ronny was successful with it suggests that partnership would've been very good.

Gabriel, Mince.Charming and Mickmac like this.
  17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I am sure he is as * off as the rest of us at being sold short during another frustrating transfer window.

18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think most of us agreed the summer window ended up very good. It looks like there are far fewer decent players on offer during the winter window. How many Elyounnousis and Forsters go on loan during that window?

Mickmac likes this.
  19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

100% that’s why he left at his last stint here, was proven after Ronny came in and was given loan players and some pish cheap signings.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    you reading that E-Tim’s * blog? :76: