1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Dec 24, 2019.

Discuss January Transfer Window 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Certainly don't fancy Rangers, but we have a weaker squad going into the next few months and they have added to their numbers.

Not bringing in a defender and someone like a Wanyama to bring a bit more steel to the midfield as they've absolutely ran over the top of that midfield in last 2 games, the defence has looked shaky.

Only Julien who isn't actually been too great past few weeks is the only new face contributing along with Forster, the rest are either too */young/injured to play and let's be honest is there much hope to see many of them contributing now?

Now our only hope is players recent form improving and hoping that Lennon has the balls to change it up a bit if it's not.

We're favourites, but all this we have better players blah blah blah pish doesnt wash with me, sometimes it's more about attitude and grit, we did it many moons ago with the likes of Robson and Hartley who were deemed inferior to their counterparts.

KRS-1888 and seanm like this.
  2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    aye, stands to reason, was the same last year -- they signed two international players in january and went on to win the league :101:

3. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Slightly disheartened that we didn't bring in another centre back and a wide attacking mid, but i am happy with Klimala and soro i just hope both get as much game time as possible and break in to the team as quick as possible because most certainly this is edouards last season and we need Klimala to hit the ground running when called appon

4. TheHappyLoss

Financially over the past few years we are in a position to stand on the throat of Scottish football and we haven't done it. Total negligence

5. seanm

this all day long

Sydneysider and TheHappyLoss like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A striker and a long awaited DM were essential..

But, so was a CB.. I suppose we could get an out of contract CB if need be..not ideal tho.

If we play 3-5-2 we look ok in variety..

4-2-3-1...hope your all looking forward to Christie on the right and Forrest on the left. :54:

A mediocre window and totally at odds with what Lenny said he wanted.. Where are those experienced players?

Again, we seem to be taking inexcusable gambles.

We're lucky in that the Hun have been even more uninspiring in this window.

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Gambling with 9 in a row. Madness, but not surprising.

TIART likes this.
  8. Trequartista

Sleep walking into a potential disaster yet again. * Scunnered beyond belief.

9. CountyDownFaithful

3-5-2 is the way forward but I can’t see us being able to keep 3 CBs fit when Elhamed, Jozo and Bitton are all made of chocolate.

£40m in the bank and we are taking gambles, the board are penny pinching * and clearly don’t value 10 IAR as much as we all do.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've added two players spending a few million they've added a loanee from Hibs and a loanee from a team who have just take Kouassi.. So both have added two players so don't see how you can say they're stronger. I'm happier our business is at higher calibre.

Soro will hopefully bring that DM steel..

I did want two more, an experienced CB and an experienced winger..

11. Mr Hoopy

We had an opportunity to put down a marker by bringing in 2 or 3 experienced players who were good enough to walk into the team. In doing so more or less securing 9 in a row and setting us up for next season.

It infuriates me that the board did not pull out all the stops to make that happen. We have the money but what we dont have are players chomping at the bit to play for Lenny (sorry but true) which saddens me as it puts our team in a vulnerable position.

* forbid if we fail to win the league this year then the board are culpable for being too tight fisted at a time where we should be and could be comfortably ahead and not constantly having to look over our shoulders. Lenny and recruitment team also culpable for not identifying targets month ago and demanding that x,y and z are who we want and need to get over the line :31:

12. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe an unpopular opinion here but I am happy with our current squad for this season. It’s always tricky to buy i January, more expensive and a short time period to do business which often lead to panic buys. We kept our main players, got 2 interesting players in. We have enough to win everything in Scotland and progress in EL. I don’t think that the signings we were potentielly in for would have made any difference over this season. Think its smarter to to most of our business in the summer.

paulie67 and ddub11 like this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m not unhappy with the squad, but given the situation with injuries we’ve yet to see it at full strength with the required depth. Given how close the title challenge is from the new club, we could have done with some more reinforcement in this window.

Keano88 likes this.
  14. DamienCorkBhoy

If 10 in a row is stopped, there should be * to pay.

Taz likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It will be * for the club, listen I gave up my book sometime ago for financial reasons, now my input to the club is greatly reduced. Thing is we lose this a lot of fans will be lost from the terraces, for me personally 10 is the holy grail, we will not win a European trophy in my lifetime, 2003 was the nearly year for my time. The 10 is also the thing for a host of other fans.

Some maybe fair weather fans, but they're putting their dough in, but there'll be a lot of longer holders who might just think nah * it, how many times are we let down from a point of dominance.

I was there when we stopped 10 and that wasnt by us pushing the boat out we just got a group of players who managed to get the job done, when MO came that was when we did spend a bit of money and is still the best times for me personally, but we did start falling into the old ways and it was equal Stevens till they went * up.

We will not go tips up by spending money, what we are reliant on now is profiting from player sales, but how much are we actually throwing away on projects too at the cost of the team on the park?

Im still confident we can win the league but it's so close and I'll admit I'm a half empty glass type, but that's just me, I'm a worrier when it comes to Celtic. The last 2 games against them has me feeling that Slippy has Lennons number, he may prove me wrong, be able to change it, but personally I don't think he can. For me the league won't be won or lost in the 2 games against them, it'll be against the other teams.

If they win the league, they'll go for the CL and if they qualify players like Morales will probably stay, but he's their out of jail card anyway. We will lose Edouard in summer, possibly even if we do win the league, maybe an outside of keeping if 10 is a goer, but still don't think thatd make him stay.

I don't mind this scenario if we did achieve 10 sharing the league, but think it will be more crippling for us if we don't grt there.

Anyway thats a bit long, sorry.

DamienCorkBhoy likes this.
  16. DonnyCelt

Attracting experienced quality players to Celtic is not a problem. The * doing the deals is

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Did we sell Morgan in the end?

18. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with what you are saying, our squad is strong enough to win the league and keep the Huns in tow, with or without injuries. But this window is not just about adding to the squad for this season, it's about preparing for European qualifiers in July. Until we got Julien in and playing we struggled defensively. We cannot afford anything to happen to him , domestically I think we will scope, in Europe we will struggle. It's criminal that we didn't bring another CB in.

19. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    It's not getting in a CB that baffles me, we have 2 currently... and 2 CM's who we play there, and it shows, El Hamed i've no seen enough there to judge him. Jullien is being asked to play more than he's ever had too in his career and could break down at any moment, and we all know Jozo has knees made of quavers. bringing Welsh back was the writing on the wall i guess.

Our 2 signings are shots in the dark at the moment until we see more of them, sorry IF we see more of them. Sinclair frustrated the life out of me but letting him go looks a mistake now. But we'll get all the usual sound bites from the board and manager, we tried etc etc and we are all entitled because of our expectations. Lennons mentioned momentum, and although this is off the field *, it certainly plays its part.

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Disappointed that we didn’t take the opportunity to strengthen the squad in defence with a decent defender .