1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

He said he WANTED two in Dubai, not twp were definitely going to be in Dubai.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yep. He just says what he knows the fans want to hear. Not really down to him on how many players we can bring in obviously but wish he would just be more truthful.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really hope we’re not done with signings, though I fear we might be. Still think we should bring in a CB at least.

CountyDownFaithful and HoopyT like this.
  4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

What are you basing that on? Your knowledge of the budget presented? Your knowledge of player availability? Your knowledge of targets? What exactly are you after coming through the door?

We signed Julien, boli, hartem, frimpong, taylor and loaned Forster, elyounoussi and Bauer. And our return, 10 points better off than this stage last season, after qualifying top of our Europa group. Not a bad return at all.

We don't even know what soro and klimala will bring to the table yet. Either could make all the difference.

January is notoriously a difficult window and I'd sooner us take our time and sign players that will make a difference, or represent good value rather than a compper or Henry just to get bodies through the door an appease some of the fans

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hi Pete

6. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Given this is on a Neil Lennon thread i typed that up in Lennon's defence. Hence pointing out we don't know what budget Lennon's has been given.

I certainly am not in favour of defending lawwel, believe me. Think he has a lot to answer for. But the previous poster calling it * poor in the neil Lennon thread is unfair. Lennon can only deal with the budget that is available. Without knowing that detail and calling it * poor in the Neil Lennon thread is unfair.

And as I pointed out it certainly hasn't been out tightest season for spending. We will always want more for our club, I get that. We certainly won't be free spending under lawwell any time soon

7. Keano88

It would be * poor if we don’t get a CB in given Elhamed, Bitton and now Jozo are injured, again.

We’re an injury to Ajer or Jullien from playing Steven Welsh in a crucial part of the season which includes an EL last 32 tie.

Lennon also doesn’t seem to rate any of our RW’s good enough to deputise for Forrest so another RW would be ideal, unless we finally give Shved a game.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Another one or two players. Clearly.

Not sure why you're naming all the players we signed in the summer. We've played half a season and based on that it's pretty clear we could be doing with more bodies in another position or two.

Elyounoussi has been injured for two months. Johnston is raw and injury prone. Shved is a ghost. Therefore we've had one winger who has been consistently fit and in the squad - Forrest - and he has been performing below par for a while now. So getting a winger in, even on loan, could be important.

At centre half we have Jullien and Ajer being the only reliable options, and one of those (Ajer) has been quite shaky this season. After that we have Jozo, a crock who is still unconvincing when he's actually fit to play, and Bitton. Another player who is regularly injured and ultimately isn't a centre half.

Nobody is saying take a punt on a Hendry or Compper. However we're going for a historic record right now and have a real shot of going fairly deep in Europe for the first time in quite some time. No excuses.

And by the way this "notoriously difficult" January window patter gets overblown big time. It's certainly true for top clubs in Europe because of the market they operate in. But if we can pick up a centre mid from the Israeli league and a striker from the Polish league, we can shop in these types of markets for any position. All about the scouting.

9. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think it's valid to say it's difficult to bring in quality players in January. Clubs in any league don't want to lose their best players midway through the season (the fans held a protest when Soro left). I don't think it matters how good you're scouting is if the players aren't there. If we just panic buy a CB we will end up with another Hendrie or Compper. We have 5 players who can play CB to a reasonable standard - what is it we're doing that makes them so injury prone? I hope we get Benkovic or another good CB but I think we might have to go with what we have.

stubhoy07 and ArturBorucCSC like this.
  10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am mentioning the player we have already signed because they are all names we have signed this year without getting a financial return on them, prize money or selling etc. The summer seen one of our busier windows in recent times, to expect a busy Jan on top of that is unrealistic, especially given lawwells track record. As I pointed out I would get your point a little more if this was in the lawwell thread but putting it in the Lennon thread as if he is in charge of the chequebook is just unfair.

January is definitely a notoriously difficult window to operate in. Why do you think dembele moved on in the summer and not the Christmas window. Because we still had our objectives to hit that season. Exact same for every other club in the world. You don't let your best players leave mid season when you still have your major objectives to hit. Whilst your not saying take a punt on a compper or Hendry, if sign players that are available that are available but you didn't do your homework on them (but wasn't necessarily already on your radar). That's the risk you take, you might strike gold, you might end up with another compper

Whoflungdung likes this.
  11. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I wish wed would attach a lie detector to Lenny so when the SMSM are interrogating him they will know if he is being truthful or not. Besides they use up their quota of fairy tales on sevcos transfer dealings and morelos bids.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    We would all like to see a higher standard of player brought in, that's obvious. However what is also obvious is we have, by far, the best squad of players in Scotland already who, if used correctly by lenny, should be more than capable of winning the league from here.

Mickmac and ArturBorucCSC like this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Jeremy Kyle comes to Celtic tv

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

He deserves credit for our play in the first half, but that change at half-time was absolutely stupid. His use of substitutions is bizarre.

Xatraps and Chieftain like this.
  15. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Agree, thought it disrupted our flow completely...would have liked to see Griff on longer and Klimala given longer.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Didn't like what I saw with him and Mikey..

Telling him to * off cause he's taken a knock. Poor that in full view..

If he's no happy with him coming off then don't sub him on or have him in squads..

Xatraps, Valhalla, Keano88 and 2 others like this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

That was * from him with Johnstone. It's Lennon's call he's the manager obviously the player will want to play on

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    His subs are poor, needs to make much better use of them, no reason leaving Eddy on as long as we did when we're cruising.

19. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    second half tactics and subs were awful decisions.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That was crazy and almost negligent..

Eddy looked hurt long before he was subbed..

Hammy89 and HTG like this.