1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Lads calm down, its paperwork holding it up. He wouldn't of had a sniff this weekend anyway. He'll be in officially on Monday or Tuesday.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist about this?

Hammy89, Blochairnbhoy and PaulM1888 like this.
  3. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Soro by name, sorrow by nature.

Jk, I'm confident we'll see him soon..

4. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tbf, its probably out of general frustration. Just under a week left of what could be a season defining window and we're yet to make any really significant additions.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC new boy Ismaila Soro admits his ultimate dream is to play for LIVERPOOL.

The Ivory Coast starlet will fly into Glasgow tomorrow to complete his £2million move from Bnei Yahuda.

The move has NOT gone down well with fans at the Israeli club, who protested against the sale.

But Soro was so keen to push the deal through he pleaded with clubs chiefs to make it happen.

Now he admits he can’t wait to get started at the Parkhead club.

And his aim is to do so well with the Hoops that Jurgen Klopp’s all-conquering Anfield side come calling in the future.

He said: “After Celtic I would like to play in the Premier League and Liverpool, that’s why the Scottish League will be very good for me.

“I’m really happy to make a career because Celtic is a great team.

“It’s flattering to take my career to the next level and face such a challenge.

“It was so exciting when I was informed that I was officially joining Celtic, I was very happy that the deal was finally closed and I said thank you to the club.

“I was worried that the two clubs were not progressing, so I went to speak with the CEO (Kfir Edri, MR) to talk to the owner (Barak Abramov, MR).

“I felt that I needed to move forward in my career and that the clubs did not agree on the transfer.

There was a problem and it was resolved.”

Soro admits he was hurt when he saw how Bnei fans reacted to the news of his sale.

But in an interview with the website ‘ONE’ he admitted the chance to further his career under Neil Lennon at the Hoops was one he couldn’t turn down.

He said: “I didn’t really like it because we need encouragement and no shouting.

“The players come to the field to give the best of us and make them happy, so we need motivation and encouragement from them, but we really don’t have the right to talk about a topic that is between management and fans, and that should not affect the players.

“It’s normal for fans not to be happy with a young player but it is not only the president of the club who decides the future of the player, we also have our opinion.

“After two years three, if a young player wants to move forward, they can do nothing to stop him, because there will be a time when they are no longer under contract.”

Soro, though, insists he has nothing but good memories from his time at the Tel Aviv club.

He admits the standout memory was playing a part in his side’s cup win over Maccabi Netyana last month before hobbling off injured.

And the midfielder admits he was delighted to sign off his career there on such a high note.

He said: “In the National Cup final against Maccabi Netanya, when I saw the crowd and felt the atmosphere I was really happy.

“The difficult moment was that I couldn’t finish the final because of the injury.

“I had a really tough time, but we won the game and that was the goal.

“I want to thank all the fans and say a big thank you to my teammates because without them I wouldn’t have been the player I am.

I thank all the management for all they have done for me, for all the security and all the love they had for me and for the president – a big thank you to everyone.

“Israel is really beautiful and I love the way the Israelis are welcomed and I will be very happy to come back here again.

“Bnei Yehuda gives love and confidence to the players and that is important.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  6. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pull the plug..

8. Keano88

Was it Mo Bangura that came out with pish like this before signing for us and flopping?

Concentrate on being good enough to play here first before you set your sights on a move to the EPL.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    CELTIC new boy Ismaila Soro admits his ultimate dream is to play for Southampton.

:42:

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

SCUM

Keano88 likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

It's most player's goal now to reach the riches down here and that's fair enough but don't go shouting about it before you've even arrived at your new club..

It's disrespectful for me..

12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    There's only one Sala that I want him to see him alongside now.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye think it was.

Hopefully this isn’t another situation like that.

14. Keano88

Think Soro will do well here.

Just a daft thing to announce having just signed for us.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Needs to hit the ground running now..:56:

bobs1974 likes this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

Stevie G lovin bassa!!!!!! :(

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm fine with his comments and would have been more worried if he said he wants to play for Celtic forever and the SPL is his level.

In fairness though, he would have been better letting his footie do the talking.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys probably said something like

would love to play in EPL and Liverpool are team he admires and would like to play with them and our media have spun it!

anyway see if he helps us to 9 and then 10 and goes for a decent fee that’s all good for me!

bobs1974, Rydo1888*, Peej and 3 others like this.
  19. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    Not a great thing for fans to hear but if he does indeed turn out to be the next Wanyama, Van Dijk etc etc then fair enough.

The majority of players we sign will have ambitions beyond Celtic, especially foreign ones with no previous affiliations to us, but it's not great to hear when that player has not even got his foot in the door.

I just hope he's more Wanyama/Van Dijk than Bangura, but we'll just need to wait and see.

charlietully likes this.
  20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Welcome to Southampton

Peej and Blochairnbhoy like this.