1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eboue Kouassi

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by 4-4-2, Jan 3, 2017.

Discuss Eboue Kouassi in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

This.

steg likes this.
  2. Jeffrey

Players like him Bayo etc are at an age where game time is everything. These are the years you need to be learning the game, will never make it anywhere if they dont have the experience by their mid 20's

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. oh bhoy

did he not say something similar about Jack hendry

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Its really frustrating the amount of guys we sign for decent fees who are not trusted to play for us

Surely their good enough for bench and regular sub appearances ?

Their never gonna fit n if their hardly ever played

5. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Surely someone will take him on loan or if hes not getting a new contract time to move him on.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We've wasted some amount of money on players who have hardly kicked a baw in a Celtic jersey.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looked good a couple of time's but at this point it's probably best for all if he goes on loan to Europe where he can hopefully do well and be bought..

steg and Lewis Kerr like this.
  8. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Agreed, I think there is a player in there, he’s definitely got ability. He played well in Europe for us a few times. Maybe he’s struggled to settle in the country? I know he was in Russia before so he’s used to a cultural change, but I don’t fully understand why it’s not worked out tbh.

steg likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Settling and then quite a fee bad injuries..

Just hasn't happened..

Thommo92 likes this.
  10. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would still like to see him get fit and get a chance of a run in the team. Wouldn’t do any harm to have him fully fit amongst the others...good for rotation.

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Be cool if he was * brilliant

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Needs punting, better investing time with the likes of Robertson and some of those who played Chelsea last night

13. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I'd like him to be given a run of 3 games. Even from the bench 20 minutes each. I mean come on, we all know that there is a player there, remember that Zenit performance? Almost as good as Bitton vs. Inter which was perhaps the top 1 CM performance in Europe for a decade for us. It's crazy that he's nowhere near the team. We're chasing Soro while we have him and I believe he can be just as good if given a proper chance.

14. Roskopicachu

With the run of league titles it's a risk to throw him in.
    He's a defensive midfielder, but when he was in Russia he played a little bit further forward.
    This is why i thought he was signed, pace.
    I have yet to see this guy, when given game time, break a sweat.
    So for me you look to loan him to a team that will play him further forward.
    Otherwise i just think he looked lazy. Strolling around playing passes to the side.
    I thought he had a great press against centre backs, but i've yet to see the guy sprint so for me,
    a complete shambles and i'd rip up his contract tomorrow, but he wouldn't have it.

I think he goes out on loan and we take it from there. Can't see anyone wanting to buy him as scouts
    don't have much to go on. So it's a tricky one, made simpler by the fact his contract is finally beginning to run down.

If we want to bring someone in on a high wage it's made simpler if you get one or two like this off the books.

Personally i think he's playing out of position, but this is the position he chooses.

Very, very disappointed as i thought he had unbelievable pace, which he has never shown in a single game.
    So a dud, but one that hasn't really been given a shot and that is also down to the pressure on Celtic doing ten-in-a-row,
    also partly just going through the motions.

Dan Breen and Dazzler86 like this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Why did you think he had unbelievable pace? There was hardly any videos kicking around at the time. Also he broke sweat plenty against Zenit, ran his socks off.

Otherwise I agree he's a dud though

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There’s no other way to describe him, unless he miraculously turns it around and becomes an important player for us. ~£3m for 22 bit part appearances in 3 and a half seasons. I think his contract expires in 2021, so a loan might be best for him. Give him games and see what he can do, then we either give him a chance if he’s good enough or cut our losses and sell him.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s criminal that in his time here he’s never been given a proper chance. Lewis Morgan has made more appearances than him ffs.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's been injured for a large part of his time here has he not?

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Kouassi is a weird one. He's been at the club for 3 years now and not managed to even break into the periphery of the first team. In those 3 years you could count on one hand his decent games for us and for that reason I think his time at the club is coming to an end.

On-the-other-hand, he's just turned 22 in December and Callum McGregor hadn't really cemented himself in our team even at this point. He's shown glimpses of being able to play at a high level, like the first leg v Zenit in the Europa League. He was mobile, tenacious, alert and used the ball brilliantly.

I have a feeling that Kouassi is going to leave the club, find his feet somewhere and turn into a top player.

20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

If it was just one manager I'd question it, but Rodgers and Lenny both don't seem to rate him. Same with Bayo I think. Just dont see it happening for them.