1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How big a part of your life is Celtic FC?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Jan 4, 2020.

Discuss How big a part of your life is Celtic FC? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Was ripping on my oul one last night about Eastenders... "how can you dedicate half an hour of your life, everyday to something that will just go on and on and on, you'll die without any closure on this garbage"

She replied that football is the same.

Now although I see her point, trophies and success are tangible attainments and shared experience of success is much more rewarding than any tv soap.

But it got my head working....

Celtic FC is a ridiculously BIG part of my life.

When I wake up the first thing i do is check the sites for news, even before i say good morning to my ho * gf.

I go to work and log in... check again.

I visit talkceltic at least 4 times a day.

I have wet day dreams about us winning the CL at least once a day.

I look at fixture lists and book days off from work, in order to get wasted for what i think are big games.

Whenever one of my baby machine sisters farts out another sprog my first gift is ALWAYS from the superstore.

Is this normal?

charlietully and Pablo87 like this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Missus said to me that "you love Celtic more than me"
    * me, I love Rangers more than her.

3. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Boooooooooooooooo!

4. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yeah, I think so anyway.

Times everything by 100 by the end of this month as the transfer window is about to shut and we've brought in */nothing 'cos as you know, we leave everything last minute which does us no favours at all.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I do regularly check this forum, and get frustrated when there's not a link to Celtic games. But, since I'm far away from Scotland/Ireland, I'm basically the only one that follows the club. Occasionally, other people who follow sports might mention a Celtic result. But I'm an isolated island of green.

KRS-1888 and Westlondonscot like this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Every Irish person I know seems to support man united or Liverpool. The Irish people I come across who do support Celtic are never born there. However I kind of like being the token Celtic fan.
    It's an important part of my life, my family support them and I hope my son supports them and not Brentford (out local league team). However if Celtic ceased to exist I think I would be fine and would carry on.

7. ddub11

A big part,guess all football fans would say the same but supporting celtic my club is something i feel really proud of.

Most people i know support Utd and Liverpool and i find it boring but the fact i support Celtic and only Celtic somehow makes me feel proud and i love defending the club and everything about it when they knock Celtic and the league.

I know they love supporting their team but to me Celtic are unique and special and those who dont support Celtic are missing out.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Big Dan Breen the necrophiliac.

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not as big as it was, but still massive.

cidermaster and celtic warrior like this.
  10. celtic warrior

Same.

Some results still can shape my day, such as our recent loss. But it's certainly not all consuming like it was in my childhood and teens.

Marty McFly likes this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's a big enough part that it affects my mood throughout the week, Monday was a major struggle off the back of that defeat. I probably shouldn't be that emotionally invested in it but I can't help it.

Football is a huge part of my life and Celtic are my team so it means a lot to me. My grandad loved the fact I was so Celtic daft so I'm proud to be a Tim.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

The biggest part of my life after my family.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Definitely one of the top 3 things in my life:

1. Her majesty the Queen
    2. Being British
    3. Celtic

14. leeso-ardoyne

I would agree there's alot of Irish that support that PL * but there is still alot of us here on this island. And who travel over quite alot or as much as we can.
    When I was younger I used to get over quite alot on day trips, wknd trips and been to European games a few times. Have never missed an important Celtic match either being at it or on TV since I was about 12. Even when my misses was having my son the night we beat man-u at parkhead, I was telling her to hold it in till the match was over haha.
    When the fixture list comes out, I structure my life around it and I especially tell people I know or family, don't get married around the European cup final dates/Scots cup final because if Celtic are in it and it's a very important game, I won't be at your wedding. I'm a season book holder along with my kids. I'm.afraid to throw anything out with Celtic on it. It's actually ridiculous the Celtic memrobeila I haven't. Even the old Celtic cheese and onion packet of crisps I won't throw out. My kids aren't even allowed to cross their mind about supporting any other team or putting another Jersey over their head. Have actually told them I'd beat the bollox out of them if they even consider it, do I definitely think they've taken the hint haha. Some results when don't go out way actually made me depressed like that huns game last week. I'm only starting to get over it now.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Football & Celtic is my passion, along with music. So it’s a big part of my life. With regards to how results affect my mood, I’ve pretty much trained myself to move on quickly after a bad result, as it’s unfair to the people around me to be affected by my bad mood, because of Celtic.

16. Heb Celt

Been told I love Celtic and this site more than the missus on multiple occasions. Got to be honest when you get games like beating Barca, beating Lazio twice or humping the huns 5-0, is there really a comparison:56:

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This for me too.

Not as invested in terms of going to games as i was even a couple of years ago but it's still huge, obviously.

neilly1987 and Marty McFly like this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

Celtic are as big a part of my life than anyone or anything. Simple as that.

I was born Celtic, I'll die Celtic.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Just like Sir Rod then. :84:

20. MrSpeaker89

After my partner, son and closest family members, Celtic is probably the biggest thing in my life. I'm still kinda raging over last Sunday.