1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    So we write it off? Game is 90mins long.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

We were * up til we made the subs basically. We set out wrong and took to long to change it

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Nobody braving the phone in the night …. :giggle1:

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye but if you miss a penalty, how does that make you more deserving of a win? Quite the opposite surely.

And you can't say "apart from the goals". That's what win you matches, and they scored two good, well worked goals, our goal was a big slice of luck.

All about opinions, but I think we are torturing ourselves with what ifs and maybes :50:

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Going through the stages of denial mate only one to go …. fek it , that'll do , we move on .

6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    What's the appropriate forum to discuss their accusations of unfounded racism? These people are professional people working .. what are they thinking?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

7. Sydneysider

Rangers management "professional" ? " second rate * lead by a convicted "glib and shameless liar. On second thoughts they do have a lot in common with the " oldest profession"

Hammy89 and Dublin Celt like this.
  8. pete0301

The "racism" claim seems to be made up nonsense.

However, I have to be honest. Shouting "orange *" is sectarian and people need to realise that pronto. It's so cringe when large chunks of the support chant just that and it certainly wasn't happening ten years ago (I think Vs hearts in the league cup last year was the first time I remember hearing it) but our support seem to have got more and more willing to cross the line lately.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It is made up nonsense.

Gyp Rosetti and Sydneysider like this.
  10. CFC.1

Tbf, it certainly was...5.50 in

KRS-1888 likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just thinking we're back at * dome next New Year fixture, don't want a new slogan starting 'Celtic, * up New Year celebrations since 2018'.

Get it sorted boys. Mind you rest of the year has been alright, lol.

12. dmac

Watching the EFL lately there have been a few penalties retake due to encroachment when Christie is just the penalty there are Rangers players already on there way into the box should have been retake although not sure he would have scored that one either

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well I have waited a couple of days to write my thoughts on what happened on Sunday. Firstly my shock at our lack of performance that is what got me the most at the time and still now looking back. We simply did not show up. Now in the League Cup Final you had plenty of mitigating factors firstly of course that we had no real forward in the team and simply could not hold the ball in attack and then the dreadful weather the terrible pitch and that we played the last half hour or so with 10 men. But there are simply no excuses for that abject performance. We were at home the pitch was ok and we were close enough to full strength. Quite frankly that lack of performance angers me. Because again as bad as we were we still had more then enough chances to at least have got a draw but for the 5th game in a row we were poor in front of goal. We looked like a tired team out there and were beaten for me in midfield where we never got a hold of the ball and got into any kind of passing rhythm. The game was a physical battle and they clearly won that.

Now I am a Neil Lennon fan and have said I was happy he was reappointed as full time manager but that does not mean he is immune from me being critical of him and I feel he got this one badly wrong. I think the problems started by playing everybody in the midweek game against St Mirren. Frimpong has been great and a breath of fresh air but he is still a kid who has only played a handful of games. Why play him Wednesday. Bauer is no super star but he is more then good enough to get the job done against St Mirren. McGregor and Christie both could have been given nights off on Wednesday or at least one of them and Biton and Rogic played instead. Nothing major there say just resting 3 key players. Not saying that would have won us the game Sunday for sure but I really felt we looked tired in midfield in particular and Frimpong I really feel would have benefited from a rest as well going into Sunday.

The next month is going to be very big. This time last year I was not overly worried. I really did not think they were good enough to win the league and that we would be fine. This year like it or not this zombie team is good enough and we have a real fight on our hands if we want to win 9 in a row. We have to assume they will win their game in hand so that would leave us 1 down with 18 to play. Of those 18 games we will play 10 away from home so we really are in a corner here. Now certainly we are capable of turning things around but right now we have to wake up big time and what happens in the next month is going to be pivotal I feel. We clearly need a second striker and we clearly need help at center back and we need at least one of these if not both to be legit top qualify players who would come in and make us a better team. Say for example if we got Benkovic back at center back as an example. The kind of loan deals that did enough last January are not going to cut it this time.

14. john2061

Also think after the last two games against the undead we are lacking in midfield and would like to bring in two midfielders in the January window .

15. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

* you,plus there's nothing racist or sectarian about calling out racist/sectarian orgainsations and/or people for what they are.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We never started playing till they scored then started creating and cutting through them with ease instead of giving the ball away cheaply. Then we lost our monentum when McGregor got injured after we equalised.

Also don’t buy the rhetoric they outplayed us, they outworked and outfought us yes by making it a scrappy midfield battle which suits their direct game. We never played to our strengths yet still created more.

joemc likes this.
  17. joemc

They forced us out of our game , theres not a lot wrong with our team , we have done well this season ,topped our UEFA group , we have the right manager in charge if it comes down to a battle all day long , a change of mindset from , make sure u stay on the field to make sure u dont come off second best to any player , and that is the issue .

18. StevieBhoooy!

Maybe if Edouard had taken the retake ?!?

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with that. A striker a center back and a central midfielder would be ideal. At the very least we need to bring in 2 legit quality players out of those 3 positions. A repeat of last January's loans deals will not be good enough this time.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think that is fair. They won the physical battle and made the game be played on their terms rather then us matching them physically and then being able to actually get a rhythm into our passing game but we did still over the 90 minutes create more then enough to have got a point. But the fact is we did not get a point. For the fifth game in a row we were poor in front of goal and we simply did not show up physically and thus allowed them a chance to get a result in the game which they took. There were mitigating circumstances for the League Cup Final and how it played out there are no excuses for what happened on Sunday.

joemc likes this.