1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andraž Šporar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Dec 14, 2019.

Discuss Andraž Šporar in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    It definitely is good going, not arguing with the club’s strategy as there is little other option.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Watched pretty much every video that is available of him on YouTube (I know).

He looks like an exciting option to be honest...at 25 going on 26 we would be getting him in his prime.

Seems comfy on either foot, link up play is good, can win a header too. What stands out the most though is his finishing. I notice a large percentage of his shots going bottom corner or top corner...drilled. Very few skuffs and mostly all composed.

I also dont think he looks that slow contrary to what some have said above.

His videos from his time at Ljubiljana prior to Basel buying him give a good indication of his all round play.

Hope we get him.

3. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    I don’t think this guy is the answer long term, maybe as a backup to Eddy but even then I have my doubts.

Yes, he has been decent in the Europa League this season, but he’s also playing in the Slovakian league domestically. His domestic goalscoring records have only been good in Slovenia and Slovakia which, with the greatest respect to them, aren’t the highest levels of football. His international record is poor. He struggled in Germany and Switzerland. Regardless of what people say about the SPFL, it’s a fast and physical league and I doubt he could adapt to it.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd be interested to see how many of his 19 caps are starts though. He made his debut 2016 and I'm guessing that Tim Matavz/Ilicic have dominated the roles up top for them.

Not really bothered about internationally anyway as plenty better players have had poor records for their respective nations.

I do agree though the physicality is one we may have an issue with...he doesn't look that slight though.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon should have our implicit trust as a support given some of the gems that he found in a very short period to transform our team.

Elhamed was questioned due to his age, lack of international caps and apparent inexperience at RB. Injuries aside Lennon's judgement was spot on, the guy can do it all.

CB was a problem area for a long time for us, Lennon spends our 2nd highest fee in history on Julien and after 6 months that looks like a complete bargain.

Frimpong for £300k

Lennon and the scouting team will do their homework on this guy before they pull the trigger and go for him.

There's an element of risk with every signing but the fact he's scoring in the Europa League suggests that he has the potential to develop into a good striker for us.

6. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Eh? Never said I don’t trust Lennon but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with all his decisions :43:regardless, all managers make good and bad signings. Not all come off, which isn’t necessarily always the manager’s fault. Lennon’s recent signings have done well for us but he’s also signed a few in the past which have’t been as successful.

I don’t think the players you’ve highlighted are comparable to Šporar at all, with the exception of Elhamed; however, we also got Efe Ambrose from Israel. As I said previously, I’m still not convinced by Šporar due to his previous record at a higher level than the Slovakian league and the physical nature of the Scottish game. However, if we sign him and he does well, then I hope he proves me wrong.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

He has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 8 international appearances - not bad at all.

This.

This!

Tommy25 and Mr Shelby like this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Madness to judge a player on the league he's signing from.

JML67, Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and 2 others like this.
  9. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Except I didn’t do that did I? ‘Madness’ because it’s a different opinion to yours:56:I didn’t say he’s * because he plays in the Slovakian league. I said I doubt whether he can adapt to the football here, he doesn’t look like the most physical striker. Also, the fact that he HAS played in better leagues before and not done well in them is not a good sign.

10. oh bhoy

We should just do a straight swap for bayo :fear:

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

You're right. We should only sign guys from Germany, Italy, England, France or Spain.

You say you're not but you are really, aren't you ?

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think you have to be super physical to carve out goals in this league, a bit of pace and you should be fine getting past the defenders in our league.

13. jj81

You can't really compare signings for signings unless its same price , age etc

Moravcik for example. why didn't anyone but him before 33 , he wasn't a top club before us

Then theres plenty of players signed for crazy money that have and haven't been heard of.

It's the chance you take tbh , Riordan, lethal at a lesser club with less chances provided, didn't cut it here , world cup winner never either , maybe I'm being parnickity but you've got to take a chance

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Any chance the record has to mention toblerone done eh

“The Hoops are weighing up a move for Sporar, who has bagged 36 goals from 46 games this year - just two behind Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.”

*!!!!

The Magnificent 7 likes this.
  15. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Typical..... Hun rag!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Bonobhoy

Thats Pathetic as * tbh,even for that shithole rag.

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If he’s in his prime we better hurry up & get him so we can sell him on ASAP. :84:

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Hope he has a physical presence about him if we sign him.

19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Dinamo Kyiv want him.

feel like this is the exact type of striker we need. A tall penalty box type.

Gabriel likes this.
  20. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Fs our need is greater. I’m at the stage of signing ANYONE after yesterday