1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Title Race

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MickeyyMack, Dec 29, 2019.

Discuss Title Race in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rogic and Taylor are two I’d like to see get more time..

A CB, DM, ST and RW on loan as we have good young options on the right..

2. dmccourt95

It’s evident from the first half of the season that the rest of the league are utter * so it’ll be decided by the two games v them. We need to get battlers in to win the midfield in the two games against them

john2061 and saltire78 like this.
  3. Pearse67*

Missed elyounoussi badly in this game and the last.
    Say what you want but gerrard has improved them, theres a few that would get into our side.
    We were * rotten, but we missed a penalty, had 2 cleared of the line, on another day we win that.
    Lennon needs to change tactics against the huns as gerrard has his number, reinforcements in and go again!

Cerand Bhoy likes this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Elyounoussi played in the cup final game against them but was anonymous.

Clearly wasn’t fit enough though. I think he is like Rogic where he takes quite a few games to get up to speed.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Bit of deja vu, we were in the same position last year. Lost the NY derby and the momentum was in their favour going into the second half of the season.

Really hope we get a few quality signings in the door early in Jan and they can join up with the squad at the winter training camp. Need to use the camp to look at formation and tactics too because we have went stale.

I’m not even fussed about the Scottish Cup or Europa League at the minute. 100% focus needs to be on the league.

lazyregula, Nasser, Pearse67* and 2 others like this.
  6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Correct. Two cup finals.

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

If it puts pressure on the board good

I hope he players feel the pressure too, not performaned at an acceptable level for weeks....fight for * sake!

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We haven't rotated the squad enough. Players like McGregor, Forrest and Eddy have been given no rest. Players like Ntcham, Rogic, Griff, Johnstone and Bitton have not been utilised. All those players are good enough for St Mirren, Hamilton and Hearts. I think if we come out the traps in January like we did last season we should be fine.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  9. saltire78

Unbelievable how far the others have dropped off this year. Means they only need to pinch something against us to put themselves in the mix. Fact is we had an extra game this month over them, in an already packed season so far, with all the international call-ups as usual too. We creaked to the end but still could've took them but for missing the penalty, as they'd probably have folded if it'd gone in.
    As it is, we played poorly, but stats still have us completely even and only a set-piece goal in it, despite them playing well. They need to make it through the window intact, play an extra game somewhere and we SHOULD improve after the break. Lenny needs to get his * together with use of the squad though, and we need the rub with these perpetual injuries

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

All we were missing today was elhamed and elyounoussi though, and arguably elhameds replacement was our best performer, again.

The squad/fringe players were given a chance against cluj and were, sadly, found very wanting, so there is actually very little room for rotation.

The core of regulars are obviously good and have been sensational for us over the last 3-4 years. The problem is, outside of that the rest are either not good enough, totally invisible or perpetually struggling for fitness. This situation can be laid firmly at the door of the rat and the appalling recruitment over his tenure.

Lenny has only had 1 window to make a start undoing the malpractice of the previous 5 so, he is going to have to keep going back to the same well until that imbalance in the squad can be resolved.

11. ynwa1987

I don’t know how anyone could not have realised we were in a title race . It was neck with the goal difference really similar and rangers have had our number last few times we have played .

I think mentally they will have the edge now we need players to stand up and be counted

Sydneysider and Random Review like this.
  12. ynwa1987

I’m not sure we did actually not sure how much of a difference he would have made he was pretty average against them last time .

Lots of our good players didn’t turn up today there’s no guarantee he would have either

13. Pearse67*

He was carrying an injury, form before the injury was fantastic.

14. coatbrigbhoy

Wake up ffs huns are now favourites the day was a monumental * up 10 of ther nxt 15 games before the split are at home wer the opposite

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Any chance you could fire over with that ketamine. You've clearly had enough

MickeyyMack likes this.
  16. ynwa1987

he wasn’t great v Lazio either . He was in good form so was MJ though I don’t think any one player would have made a difference . I think collectively as a team we need to work out why we are a move behind when rangers when we play them

cfc_kenny likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Titles haven't meant to be easy. * bring it on!

joemc likes this.
  18. davidhannah

We beat them in the cup final. Both teams in Europe after Christmas after all the qualifying rounds, and topping the group. Rangers have only lost one game and are level on goal difference. We need to sign new players. They will be signing new players. It's going down to the derby games. And every game needs to be won. Come on Celtic.

19. Mr Hoopy

I, like many on here expected us to be a different animal and to learn from the cup final victory in terms of how we set up and play against them. It became apparent very quickly that Lennon and the coaching staff learned nothing and that is a huge worry. No wonder they celebrated the way they did, they know how to beat us and they did it quite comfortably. They have their tails up now, no question whereas we have many questions to be asking about out tactics, our motivation, our hunger, our players and rightly or wrongly our manager...

The board have to now be thinking that we need fresh blood in the team, experienced winners who can hit the ground running and walk straight into the team and command respect. We need fighters, passion and steel in the players we bring in as we have to ready after the break as you can bet your bottom dollar that they will be. Their fixtures are favourable until the split, whilst ours though winnable are tougher so Celtic please learn from this and come back hungry with a fresh squad and new additions and get this league won.:celt_2:

20. Sydneysider

Players : Why not I wonder ?

Huns : And if they come out of the traps in January as they did against us the Ten is gone, nothing is guaranteed