1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't normally bother with banners and fans but well done for the Rod Stewart thingy. Loved that

2. kmg

Totally agree! Sport should be about uniting people and divisive statements should be kept away from it. I love celtic but I would be reluctant to take my kids to a place where a bunch of numpties sing a load of verbal diarrhea and wave banners telling people to * off.

3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Don’t take your weans then, simple as that:50:

Celtic supporters have been political since day dot. If you don’t like it ignore it or take your weans to see an English mob.

Rydo1888*, Sean Daleer, Yoshi and 5 others like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Get a * grip ya pantie wetting fud.

Seán Mac D and Doogs. like this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Heeeyyyy woooowwwwww heeyyyyyyyy

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

7. Ryan19

Update on everywhere which benefited from the food drive.

[​IMG]

8. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Being political is fine, expletives are a poor form of expression though imo, could get the message across in far more witty ways.

Mickmac and Dubliner1 like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Well done lads :50:

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Mad Crow up for a square go :boxing:

bagforlife likes this.
  11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It is about uniting people, which is why they're so desperate to keep radical politics out of football (whilst simultaneously being quite keen to milk its potential for all it's worth when it's a case of politics they like).

Sometimes, when it unites people against injustice, it can give the appearance of dividing people; but really you have to compare the splits it causes with the atomistic conception the apolitical have of a football support. Even 100 factions would be less divided than that.

Inevitably, at times you're going to get People's front of Judea versus Judean People's Front situations; but that's still less divided than no politics at all and expelling the Romans is still a vital goal.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    While I think you're absolutely correct; they would presumably (and quite rightly) tell us to feel free to go ahead and do just that rather than criticise their choices.

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Go and click on football news and see the current report on Klopp and Qatar. He certainly sees the politics in sport and has laid it back on UEFA’s doorstep. Over 1200 workers (slaves) from poorer countries like Philippines have died whilst building stadia. A country with more millionaires than anywhere else. Paying buttons for salve labour up to 18 hours a day to get their World Cup in order.
    These people get promised all sorts and then have their passports taken by employers who also take up to 70% of their wage and more or less keep them as hostages. Also putting them up in filthy squalor with around 10 people to a room. The job supplies them with no safety gear because there is no health and safety. Any refusals or dissent they are beaten bad as a lesson to any others who try. All the stadiums will be dismantled immediately after the end of their use and probably by the same who built them. Qatar is homophobic, sexist and very supportive of ISIS and other terrorist causes against the West.
    I’m sure you have read investigative journalists write about the bungs and incentives for UEFA by the oil rich nation to b ing the World Cup there in the winter. Ridiculous.And you come on here to more or less defend such a corrupt organisation by casting aspersions and calling out fellow fans for supporting Palestine, Speaking out against Tories at our club or singing the Rebs and making a stand against the Poppy racists, which is politically motivated itself.
    Do yourself a favour and bring your kids and answer their questions and explain in a way that will allow them to choose for themselves what sounds right or wrong. Children are usually very adept at weighing up fairly because they aren’t tainted by propaganda. Our fans may be politically motivated and some don’t like it but that’s what you have because the minute we start rolling over and playing dead is when people like yourself will realise this club is different because of its fans and their stand against injustice and politically motivated and illegal activity by the sports two governing bodies.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Or tell us to go expletive ourselves.

Gundog likes this.
  15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I mean, mine was the censored version. The problem with posting the exact words I think they would say is that it often comes across as agreeing with them and, in fact, I didn't necessarily want to do that. :giggle1:

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    If it benefits my family I would have no problem voting anyone, find it embarrassing myself to call out someone for that.

17. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Go put your tampon back in

* the Tories

* Rod Stewart

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I am reading so many negatives against GB and some posters unequivocally backing them. I would be more represented by GB but of course they have their faults. They will have times they know they didn’t make the right call and would do things differently given the chance. This is one of the biggest grey areas at the club. It isn’t black or white, right or wrong. They are a fanatical group within a largely fanatical support. We in Scottish football don’t get weighed down with day trippers. Scottish football for all its faults has one of the most grounded core of supporters in European football. And best supported taking into account demographics.
    It’s why we get good atmosphere and we actually complain when CP is on a bit of a quiet day and probably because dads, boyfriends, girlfriends etc are bringing their closest to a game and want them to see the whole technicolour but that is not football these days. We have one over England that we have clued up fan groups and some for the worse off but they are there. Crystal Palace deserves big credit because Man Utd’s, Spurs, Arsenal etc can only call upon groups for trouble. We can organise support in Scotland within a few days.
    The Green Brigade have been a blessing to the club and Scottish game in general. We have triggered other ultra groups with credit to Motherwell, Aberdeen and sssshhhhhh the huns.:52: EPL fans may rubbish our football but they are jealous of our supports.
    Green Brigade are political because they are the core of a fanatical support. Also attached to that support is people who would prefer to be individual and not attached to politics. It is their club as well and see it as a family day out. Of the elements involved ‘never the Twain shall meet’ and we have to accept that. The fans who don’t want to be attached also should recognise this. And if they are so passionate about being heard, set up a site and you will gain followers because they obviously are there. Organise them, put the work in and I would assume there is room to hold discussion with fellow fan groups. But it isn’t black and white and currently a strong majority are political but everyone will not agree to everything all the time.

19. Pogues

You mention our fans are politically motivated. How many attend political rallys out with the football?

20. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom

Seán Mac D and StPauli1916 like this.