1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Lazio, UEFA Europa League, Thu 24th Oct, KO 20:00. BT Sports 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 19, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v Lazio, UEFA Europa League, Thu 24th Oct, KO 20:00. BT Sports 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

that's excellent mate. would kill to have been there.

2. leeso-ardoyne

Yeah great times, 8 from Mayo and 6 from Belfast all meet up for good * up before and after the game. 3 hours kip I had night before traveling over so you can imagine the effects the drink had on me. Back home in Mayo now * :(. Well worth it though. Love European nights like that! Hopefully there's plenty of more this season on the way to the final in Poland! (Think it's in Poland, but if not where ever it is, hopefully were there)

3. leeso-ardoyne

Yeah great times, 8 from Mayo and 6 from Belfast all meet up for good * up before and after the game. 3 hours kip I had night before traveling over so you can imagine the effects the drink had on me. Back home in Mayo now * :(. Well worth it though. Love European nights like that! Hopefully there's plenty of more this season on the way to the final in Poland! (Think it's in Poland, but if not where ever it is, hopefully were there)

4. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

hail hail mate. that's a priceless memory :D let's all go to poland

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  5. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    The S*n and the record are reporting that there was a brawl between us and Lazio before the game last night outside the ground before the game. Didn't see anything kick off?

Looked into it a bit more and there were only five arrests and one came from a boy getting done for having drink on him, another was a Lazio fan and the other three aren't being taken any further by the looks of it? Surely nonsense?

6. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

We leave on final whistle takes 45mins to hit the M74 and in Newcastle 2.5 hours later by car

Which Glasgow are you travelling to ? Lol

7. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I travelled by public transport

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

8. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    As we said in 1990s London..."Blinding!"

bagforlife and Marty McFly like this.
  9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Packie Bonner said last night on BBC Radio that we should never stop trying to improve.. i.e. don't just accept the Europa League as our standard but use these games to step up to the Champions League. At the same time.. I get it..unlike the EPL teams...I'm loving the Europa at the mo!

CelticBoabie likes this.
  10. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Really ? That’s bad

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ha..That's me! Must be on about 10 now!

Overkill187 likes this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Always thought we were still in it at 1-0.

Thought we were excellent first half but weren’t convincing enough in the final third of the pitch.

Callum McGregor was superb. MOTM for me.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You see a lot more when you watch games again. When you watch the first time, your eyes are glued to the area around the ball most of the time. You can't help it. At least I can't*.

It's especially interesting what you see from Broony when you do that. He's so clever.

* At least big games. The last time I was actually at Celtic Park was under MON for a league game (either Livingston or Dundee, I forget now) and I remember spending a good 20 minutes watching Larsson. That was also fascinating.

packybhoy likes this.
  14. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yep, remember seeing Henrik for the first time and the thing that struck me about him, off the ball, was his movement. He was never static. He was always giving defenders something to think about. Maybe why he always seemed to end up making space for himself....

Random Review likes this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    El Douche's granddaughter wants the Celtic fans executed for having a banner displaying El Douche hanging from rope round his neck

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Wid. :fear:

Bayern Bru and Marty McFly like this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Still on cloud 9 from that victory Thursday night. Thought we were superb in the first half and it was a travesty we were 1 down at half. But you have to give credit the counter attack for their goal was top draw as was some of their defending. Bastos at the back for them had a performance that was as good an individual defensive performance as you can get. Credit to our lads though they kept plugging away and fully deserved that equalizer. Thought it was going to end in a draw at that point but what an ending with Jullien scoring and then Forster's big time save at the very end. Magical night really with outstanding performances all over the park.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree with you. A certain level of arrogance I think from some teams. To be fair though in terms of where we are at the Europa League is where we are at in terms of being competitive right now. We are capable of making the Champions League groups stages and hopefully will next season but as things stand at that point the best we can hope for is 3rd spot and a place in the last 32 of the Europa League.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You can see they're a very good side, but well though we played, you can see why they're not one of the really top teams.

Both our goals came from errors that the real top teams rarely make: a free header in the box for the second and two bad errors for the first (their midfielder didn't slot back in to cover that space and their keeper absolutely should have saved that). They were also a little wasteful with a few good chances (as were we).

All in all I thought it was a very close game that could have gone either way. In the end, that little bit of luck went for us for a change.

I doubt they'll be so generous over there.