1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BrisbaneBhoy

I cannae remember the details, but Frimpong is our player right?? Not a loanee?? Or am I mistaken, and he is here on loan from somewhere??

Edit: If he is our player, what length is his contract??

2. apevrak

He's ours. Signed a four year deal with us. Think he came on a free as well. Well done the recruitment team.

littlekennie, Crilly and BrisbaneBhoy like this.
  3. BrisbaneBhoy

Cheers pal
    A great piece of business.

Crilly likes this.
  4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

“So at 18, for the money we have paid for him, we think we have an outstanding talent on our hands.“

That’s a quote from one of NL’s recent interviews.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Frimpong, dingdong, pingpong, kingkong, BIG DONG! :34:

6. apevrak

You're right. Scottish Sun said it was £350,000 up front which could rise to £1m depending on the number of first team performances.

littlekennie, Crilly and Tommy25 like this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Looks lively as *, at RB we have very good options now, compared to what we left the RB situation in at end of season.

I really like Bauer but not sure if use him this season and then don't take up any option (unless he becomes ridiculously good) and we have Frimpong and El Hamed.

8. BrisbaneBhoy

Any reports on what sort of 'sell-on' clause was added to the transfer??

9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Im sure it said City had 40% on him when he signed

10. angusceltic67

As we signed him on a four year contract, does that expire after four years?

11. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No, the sell on clause will be part of the transfer agreement between the two clubs, not in the player's contract. Only way we don't pay them it is if he leaves for free

angusceltic67 likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They have a 30% sell-on and it remains beyond his 4 year contract until sold @angusceltic67

13. Al Bootyerbaws

Wee things like that are great to see in a player especially a young guy looking to become a regular. His effort and attitude so far have been first class.

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Jeremie Frimpong: Extra work with Celtic boss pays off for teenage full-back

Jeremie Frimpong credits extra sessions with manager Neil Lennon for his promising start to life at Celtic.

The full-back, 18, marked his Scottish Premiership debut with an assist in Saturday's 6-0 win over Ross County.

"Me and Neil, sometimes we work on my crosses because when I first came I would get there but my end product wouldn't be that great," he said.

"So we'd stay behind and he'd give me some balls and I'd just whip them in so I think that's a real improvement now."

The summer signing from Manchester City made his first appearance in a League Cup victory against Partick Thistle last month and has vowed to continue grafting for more first-team opportunities.

"I'm going to keep working hard, keep making the fans proud, my team-mates proud and the manager proud," said the Dutch teenager. "That's all I want to do. The fans are great and they're really great to me."

He went on to identify Dani Alves as his idol, with the Brazil captain comfortably the most decorated player in the history of the game.

"I've always looked at how he plays," said Frimpong of the 36-year-old former Barcelona and Juventus star. "He's been the best right-back in the world. He likes attacking and defending as well."

Racism would 'just motivate me more'
    The defender spoke about his experience of racism in football and insisted he would not walk off the pitch if he encountered it again.

He said: "In the past when I was younger I did get some of that. I went away with Man City - to Italy - and the fans were being racist.

"It's come back a bit. The England game v Bulgaria, things like that - what's the point? It kills the mood, the game of football, it just kills it. I wouldn't walk off the pitch, no. I would just ignore them and then at the end of the game talk to them and ask 'why did you do that?'.

"I'll still play and I'll play so hard to get a goal. It would just motivate me more. And when we win, I'll love that."

Source BBC
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50144272

Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Unfortunately for Bauer this lad looks like a proper player, especially considering his age and the fact he's only just playing at this level.

Wouldn't see the need to pay Stoke or loan anyone else next season when Frimpong could definitely do a job as backup to Hatem.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JF: "I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm really greatful and I'm going to keep working hard to keep it going."

JF: "I'm going to work as hard as I can to keep making the fans, my teammates and the manager proud."

JF: "The fans are great and they've been amazing to me so far."

JF on not being eligible for #CELLAZ: "I'm going to be patient and work hard to be ready for next Sunday.

JF: "I think I can bring a lot to the team. Attacking and defensively. I'd love to make myself first choice."

JF on who he bases his game on: "I've always looked at
    @DaniAlvesD2
    and how he plays, I've always looked up to him."

JF on Neil Lennon: "Working with the manager has been great. I've stayed behind with him to work on my crosses. It's improved a lot since I've joined and helped me with the assist at the weekend."

JF: "The team is in great spirits after game and they're all looking forward to playing Lazio and going for the win.

Crilly and tarboltontim like this.
  17. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Stop moving your chair lol! Ah..fair play..seems like a good lad!

Crilly likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s a lot for him, thrown right in the deep end with these press conferences!

You can tell it’s all new to him, quite nervous. No wonder. Doesn’t show it on the pitch though.

Crilly likes this.
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I can’t help but smile at his infectious nature, brilliant.

Intentional.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Infectious personality. I think we have an absolute gem on our hands.