1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Recruitment has been an issue probably since Rodgers first season, and the blame for that firmly lies on Lawell and the scouting team. When is the last time we brought in an upgrade to go straight in to our first team? I'm not including El Hamed in that as he was no first choice RB before him. I thought Julien would have been straight in there but either we haven't managed him well enough to get him up to speed or Lennon doesn't trust him (yet?).
    Having said that Lennon's team selection cost us last night. Dropping Boli who had played all the games until now, and shoehorning our best midfielder to left back was madness. It weakened our midfield and defence in one move.
    For a while now I've thought to myself what is Brown actually offering us? He no longer consistently hunts the ball down and tackles, I'd rather someone else who's better at passing played there. Arguably he shouldn't have started but most definitely he should have been off sooner as he was offering nothing. Lewis Morgan is not a better option than Sinclair. I don't understand what Morgan is doing when he tries to take a man on, he just seems to run and hope the defender disappears.

Artorias likes this.
  2. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Left it until today to try and calm down but I'm afraid it was * * AND MORE *!
    Does it however provide the answer as to why we have to enter the CL at the stage we do? Is it because that is the only level we are capable of and last night we weren't even able to rise to that! Only more hurt to come in the Europa league! How long will we last in that; one round or maybe two if we are lucky enough. F***king embarrassing.

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Has Lennon fallen out with Sinclair as Scotty should have played some game time last night ??

4. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not sure mate, would make sense if they had fallen out. I do think he might just not fancy him as Sinclair can hide in games and is timid, but there's no way Morgan is a better option.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    I am struggling to believe we brought on Lewis Morgan before Shved, Griff and Sinclair. Like Jesus *.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Crazy.

7. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Was thinking about this again this morning. Where were the leaders and the big characters on the park? Where were the players who were going to grab others players by the scruff of the neck? To stand up and fight when the tackles start flying in?

I remember a time when celtic park used to be a fortress..

NyköpingCelt and Whoflungdung like this.
  10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aye cause if he had got that money , he would have told Leicester to * off, cause he was living the dream, doing the job he wanted to do all his life

Mate Rodgers left for ambition and money and we were nothing more than a mere stepping stone till a premiership team came in for him ,
    If he was treated as bad as you make out by the board, don’t be kidded he is an honourable, as soon as he left he would’ve mentioned us not matching his ambition

Tbh after spending cash on gamboa, commper, jak hendry, kouassi, Benyu, Johnny Hayes, dorus de vries to name but a few, most of whom really got near a starting place and would struggle to get a game a Livingston

Would you be handing him a lot of cash

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The transfer situation with Rodgers was very restrictive as we all suggested at this time last year.

We had to endure the penny pinching over John McGinn - a player who will absolutely tear up the EPL by the looks of it. No wonder Rodgers was fuming after that.

The boards perspective of qualify before you buy has inevitably * us over once again.

Gil-Scott Heron likes this.
  12. NyköpingCelt

For the past few years we’ve also been plagued by ‘injuries’, and I don’t mean the Biton and Christie types of injury. Too many players in our squad are miraculously pulling up whenever they’re facing a bit of pressure.

Another one that really bothers me is when Rogic is sidelined for about 2 weeks with jet lag!

There are too many weak minded players in the dressing room. We need more players who are willing to step up, get stuck in and bleed for the fans.

G_portillo likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We just sold one of them.

NyköpingCelt likes this.
  14. NyköpingCelt

Bit of a rant here, but also want to add it’s really annoying that away from in home in Europe we seem to be defeated before a ball is even kicked.

We were 1-0 up against a really average Zenit team and more than capable of finishing the job, but the players and fans buy into the whole ‘hostile environment, difficult journey, freezing cold weather’ rubbish in the media. We looked a completely different team in SPB!

What’s so hostile and difficult about flying on private plane, staying in a luxury hotel with your mates, and playing football? It's only a 3 hour direct flight to SPB as well, it's the same as a flight to Rome.

I live in Moscow and I’ve been to many matches in Russia, including the Gazprom arena. It’s genuinely quite quiet in there, even with the ultras! It’s 20degrees with the roof closed and due to racist chanting the stadium was partially closed against Celtic. It was a flat atmosphere.

It was -8 when I was at the Europa League match between Lokomotiv and Sheriff a couple of years ago. If the fans can sit still in such temperatures, then I'm sure the players are fine to run about in it. The Scottish media would call it outrageous, dangerous and have us defeated before kick off though.

For the players, there’s absolutely nothing hostile or arduous about being in Russia, or anywhere in general. Yet the fans seem to travel to unsafe places like Be'er Sheva, which is close to a war zone, to back the team. It all links back to this weak mentality stuff, the players need good kick up the *.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    G_portillo likes this.
  15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Exactly mate we need a winning mentality. The players have to earn the right to be there.

It just doesnt seem like there are too many who are phased by a loss. Sure, there is obvious disappointment. But where is the anger and the fire?

The bottom line is that it we cant defeat these mediocre teams like AEK or Cluj, then we dont deserve to be there. Yes they are decent sides in their own right but when we vastly outspend them in both wage and transfer budgets, does that mean that perhaps we are overrated as a football club, or serial under performers??!

NyköpingCelt likes this.
  16. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    In Europe we are overrated as a football club, and are serial under performers....

aliceinsound likes this.
  17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

how can you sell that when we're history makers with a treble treble ?

players can handle the domestic pressure they have an assured-ness that their talent can see them through, its the european games and expectations thats always seem to be too much for them, bar our great years in the 60's and early 70's we have struggled to be consistently decent in europe, man we have had some horror shows over the years a lot of amatuerishness, bottling it, bad tactics and game management

anyway for me the test is and always will be europe so i hope that the club dont disregard the europa league to concentrate on the 9 for me that is defeatism but there is no doubt it will be really hard playing stronger opponents in europe and games on a sunday not be so hard if sevco are in it aswell but if we are in the europa and they arent we might well have a helluva fight for the league having to play catchup to them each sunday

NyköpingCelt and Whoflungdung like this.
  18. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    An amazing game of football even though we lost, but it shows we are an average Europa League team at best, nothing we can do now apart from secure the 9 and get a decent Europa run. Still an exciting season ahead, Champions League is not our level anyway.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We're a soft touch in Europe..

I thought Lenny might bring a bit more fire to our bellies but we look just as pathetically weak mentally when pressured..

I've no doubt team's like Cluj, AEK etc etc are happy to play us as the seeded team in these qualifiers..

The fear factor is long gone..

20. oh bhoy

* cluj.it's * disturbing that a team as bad as that scored 4times against us ,at home!!