1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

And I can I also apologise for using the word 'thus' there is no excuse for this and it wont happen again

rickyroma25 likes this.
  2. jay62

one team looked well coached and had a game plan , hint, it wasnt us , i have to take break this weekend. because if we beat an spl diddy team , and then listen to lenny saying how ruthless and clinical we were , i'll * scream

rickyroma25 likes this.
  3. Sgt Neppers*

Dunno what Celtics record is like when Calmac is at Lb but it can't be good. I often wonder what it is that managers see when thousands of other see it the complete opposite. Tonight was one of these moments again. Lennons interview was annoying to say the least also. Saying have to accept the criticisms but wouldn't hear of it when questioned about the Lb choice, saying it had no bearing on the game, which was bollocks as he was caught out for the first goal never mind the rest of the game where Cmc would have been better off in the engine room.

stew37 likes this.
  4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Our ability to calm things down, keep the ball and control a game has completely vanished. I'm not asking for 50 passes across the back, but just some form of non-headless chicken-ness at times would have been nice.

Some really sexy stuff going forward but when you take that away that was such a naive performance. At 2-1 we should have gone on to stroll it.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its not at all. My main point is that you are failing to acknowledge that BR left us as a EL standard side and you are now trying to suggest that we have somehow regressed to being one.
    Then, you are attempting to justify it by using Rodgers european achievements from a previous campaign, and not his most recent? Its inconsistent. Rodgers left us a Europa league level side, it is what it is.

You have also insinuated that I have spite against Rodgers and that my judgement is biased as a result.

Please dont patronise me by telling me that Lennon was a cheap option. I know that already. Guess what, so was Ronny Deila.

6. Darnok

Would it help you to learn that we are playing a Championship diddy team on Saturday?

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Early doors they pressed us and we couldn't cope, the players were wearing a Celtic strip, but i didn't recognise that team out there, we were supposed to be the ones who were first to everything and dominate the game, but instead we were all over the place, at times just totally clueless, a bit like Lenny himself with his team selection and tactics.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Rodgers was a shambles in Europe, we did qualify first season but we actually p
    agree with that , guys been a great servant but I would have would have calmac, ntcham and Christie as my starting 3 every game, play brown as back up in easier league games

As for Lewis Morgan boys 23 in a few weeks, cannae keep saying loan him out till he’s about 30, guy looked the part in the Scottish championship but so did Martyn waghorn, think there comes a time when you have to accept your just not good enough

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Can you show me I have even mentioned the Europa League ? let alone regressing to one ?

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

funny that, is that how we never seem to get the signings in on target time because hes * arguing over £100k or so for a £2m to £5m signing, when we will likely sell them for twice that much to club in england when they are successful at celtic

the guy is far too focused on being biscuit tin tight and is hurting us because of it, no one is saying we can go mental over paying for players but hes just too * tight and its costing us in other ways like our team not being prepared properly for the rich champions league qualifiers, and us failing as a result, its bad performance in his job for me and its all to regular an occurance

anyone want to hear a conspiracy theory ?

Dalbeth3 and G_portillo like this.
  11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Cluj, AEK, Maribor, Legia, Malmo.. all teams that put us out despite spending far less than us. Nobody mentions that.

But we moan that we cant compete when we get beat off teams who outspend us.

12. Sydneysider

Bizarre, didn't even try to hide it.

Having said that, shuffling the defence/ midfield to cope with the decision not to include BOTH expensive, new (and not entirely reliable) defenders , didn't really inspire confidence.

We were behind the eight ball from the start.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    richardm likes this.
  13. Henke102

Strange tactics, with C.McGregor at LB, although I thought initially we had went a 3-5-2 and we were getting pushed back causing him to have to drop back as they were pressing high against the back line. I understand the frustration of not having Jullien and Bollingoli feature...think both are getting used to the higher pace and Bollingoli especially would benefit from better cover in front of him.

Lennon clearly ripped them a new one at HT, we came out after that with a good tempo and fought back into the game. After we went ahead, thought we would have moved Macgregor to sit in front of the back 2 or Bitton just to slow the tempo a bit which was needed at this point. Brown was struggling in there, and Ntcham was putting in alot of mileage. Look at the possesion stats we usually have at Parkhead this shouldn't really have been a big ask for us.

Would like us to get a keeper in who can organise a back line, and control the tempo a bit better...also need to stop getting hit on counter attacks from big diagonal balls down the left. I remember the old hun teams doing that * against us back in 10/11 etc.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I disagree with that. We need a physical presence in there. Every big team has a ball winner who can do the dirty work.
    I want another defensive mid bought.

15. jay62

i,ll get back to you on that mate , late saturday

16. Paradise88

I still think we were the better team, just sloppy at stopping the crosses. They didn't get that many chances but were clinical when they did.

What was the penalty for? Not seen highlights.

Weird atmosphere, felt like we were still going to win until the 85th. False confidence.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I tend to agree with you. Lennon looked like he was staggering over the line and pulling the team with him. He looked tired and worn and then Hampden treble seemed to give him a boost and the job offer has him floating. He needs his head out of his * because he has a squad who are good enough. They need properly organised and drilled into them.

James likes this.
  18. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Absolutely scunnered by tonight. Fans gave it absolutely everything. Place was bouncing at 2-1 and 3-2 and the players * it.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I know People like lawell will yous the Christie situation as you don’t always need to spend big

I know over the years the likes of Larson £650,000, lubo &300,000 even agathe at £50,000, dembele £500,000, you will get some steal of the century gems

But in this market eduard is 9M , we ne
    christ even Rosenberg have progressed farther than us this year

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The players should be identified and signed early doors, if they join for pre season they play friendlies and gel with the squad.

He is trying to squeeze every pound of profit possible to the absolute detriment of the team. The disco lights is still a joke considering the squad could have received that investment and achieved the CL groups and £30m. Its shocking business acumen. He has been lmbasted by other CEOs and chairman for the way he conducts his business.

We are fannying about and not getting the basics right.

Id hear your theory tho..