1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do We Approach Our Summer Business?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jun 1, 2019.

Discuss How Do We Approach Our Summer Business? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

1. Sell our best asset
    2. Bring in the Left back Efe
    3. Admire driveway.

ApartPidgeon, dbhoy72 and Artorias like this.
  2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

I would say add a keeper to that list as well.

Henke102 likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't exactly disagree, but i'd be shocked if we were looking for another GK this window.

4. Jeremie Frimpong

:giggle1:

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I don’t think we are either but it’s a position we really do need to add quality at.

I think Bain is good enough domestically and back up but he is not a big time player and he is prone to mistakes.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Out the core of our treble treble winning team

Lustig
    Boyata
    Tierney
    Sinclair

That’s some 4 players to lose in the one window!

7. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It's going to take an unprecedented end to the window to come out of this stronger

What kind of message will it send to the likes of Ajer and Calmac if we don't make a statement now with the money

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. oh bhoy

It's a clear message keep your bags packed as you will be sold as soon as somebody else shows any interest

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

For me now, new lb, new rb, another cm and possibly another lw. I think we’ll at least sort out the full back positions.

10. Henke102

We have had a big upheaval and are now moving away from the core of the treble treble team losing players like Armstrong, Dembele, Tierney, Lustig, Boyata, Sinclair (possibly) over the windows. Gordon getting phased out and rumblings of Ntcham and Jozo looking for moves elsewhere also on the go.

Griffiths is slowly getting back to match fitness but will need a while to be back to 100%, same with Rogic.

So far this window the main signings have replaced what we have lost...Jullien for Boyata, Elhamed for Lustig.

Think as a minimum we now need a first choice left-back with Bolingoli as a back-up. I think it unlikely for us to spend 3 mil on a back up LB though, and Bolingoli will be first choice. Also need another RB as competition for Elhamed, as I have concerns he may struggle to adapt to the turnover of games we have etc which could lead to injury leaving us light in this position, been impressed by him so far though.

Technical Defensive Mid type to back up Brown, also to help us in Europe if we get through.

Worried about our left flank being weak now KT and Sinclair possibly leaving, and defensively the options do not inspire me the now.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Need a young rb (Lee oconnor my choice), a first choice lb and a decent central defensive minded mid (cifuentes). Can shved play lw? Johnson and Forrest will be the first choice wingers it seems going forward. Dembele and okoflex too young I think .

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

12. oh bhoy

BIG SALE !!!! Every * must go !! * shambles

13. CountyDownFaithful

If Tierney and Sinclair deals go through our first team looks like this

Bain

Elhamed
    Jullien
    Ajer
    Bolingoli

Brown
    McGregor

Forrest
    Christie
    Johnston

Edouard

That team is probably strong enough to win 9IAR but no chance they can compete on all fronts especially Europe - we will get pumped.

There is also a severe lack of good back up options. If either full back got injured, we are *. Boli still has a lot of convincing to do as it is. We need another CB too, we need 2 if Simunovic goes.

On the left wing, we have Johnston who is a great talent but due to age will have inconsistent spells. Morgan and Hayes aren't good enough therefore I would be bringing in another LW.

This Tierney cash needs to be reinvested immediately in a minimum of 2 or 3 quality additions to help us compete in Europe. If it was my choice, I would bring in two full backs, one on either side, a CB, a CDM (Wanyama) and a LW.

14. Keano88

Sign a LB, RB, CB and get Wanyama on loan.

15. Murph-E

Imagine if Forrest, Edouard and Griffiths are out simultaneously at any point. What the * do we do?

Need a massive, massive amount of investment over the next 3 weeks. £15mil+

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  16. CountyDownFaithful

Anything less isn't acceptable. If the board fail to act and invest accordingly, it's time for them to be pushed out.

The lack of ambition, failure to build from a position of strength and continual downsizing has went too far.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    but we aren't downsizing according to some but living within our means...

18. CountyDownFaithful

Honestly don't know how some people continue to give the board the benefit of doubt.

Sick to the back teeth of selling our best players and keeping all of the profits. We don't expect the board to spend every single penny but give us a return for our money and show some ambition

19. Murph-E

Before a penny brought in, £10mil would be a fair enough budget, and for a club with £40mil in the bank, that really is being conservative.

Spent 12, brought in 25 so far.

Budget right now must be sitting around £20mil. Is there ANY way of justifying otherwise?

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  20. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree with you. The club has said they didn't plan or want to sell KT. So even if the initial transfer budget was £12M then spending atleast another £12M has to be the minimum spent

Murph-E likes this.