1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can folk please stop judging KT before we know for sure what he actually is thinking.

I've got no worries regarding not getting a move if he wants one because for sure when he pulls the Hoops on we'll see the same KT we know and love

2. horseshoe

Naw but some tabloids that we know are 99% full of * said he's not happy and wants a move so it's deffo happening, but also sack the board they're forcing him out!

3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t actually have an issue with him wanting to go, if that is the case. Treble his wages, more competitive league etc.

We need to make sure we don’t sell for anything less than our valuation though, and certainly not for any ridiculous clauses based on unrealistic targets. Also don’t want to be selling at the last minute and scrambling around for a replacement.

4. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I think that also

We have solid other option just signed who will play the qualifiers weather we sell KT or not. If he stays he won't be fit to play and if we sell and replace it's not enough time to get into the team.

I fully expect KT saga to drift into first week of August, we sell and then get in another LB at the end of August. I've no fears over this because of the LB signing already bar one.

And that Is how much impact this has with bringing in first choice RB and striker/number 7

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Never got the buzz with him. Typical case of being half decent against us and that's it..

Aye if he goes it isn't some kinda disaster and I won't be bitter about it either..

There has to be a cut off point soon though. No one believes Arsenal are done here but if we don't get the 25 up front of whatever we're after by the end of this week.....we should tell them and KT he won't be going anywhere this window and for Arsenal to not come back..

We've got our own business to do and our season has started, with the domestic kicking off next week also. It would be a disgrace if it turned in to a last minute type Dembele deal. It just can't..

Spring Time likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He also set up the goal that ensured we progressed through the EL group last season. He was a standout both times we faced them, fast, tenacious with good end product.. but we won’t need him with KT and Mbombo now.

Liam Scales and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. Lewis Kerr

He’s definitely going. Just hope we get the right price, which I think we will

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sorry.

He’s amazing and we should blow our budget on him.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You’ve picked my comment up completely wrong!

Surprise surprise that Melling is *. It was trendy to want him, any Norwegian Celtic fan was perplexed at the * for him. He’s bang average.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ah fair enough.

All of our best play against them came from the right so aye, definitely isn’t the answer.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I believe Tierney is 50/50 on the whole matter- not adamant on leaving, but not rejecting the idea either.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Deep down back in real life, you would 100% consider 70 grand a week over what ever he is on now. That's crazy amounts.

It's easy sitting on a few hundred quid a week saying youd be happy on your 20k, but when giving the real prospect of 70k a week... tough.

Anyway I'd tell them to get tae * arms in the air walking out the arsenal headquarters.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's problems to consider, though. Arsenal fans aren't going to be as understanding if Tierney needs time to become fully fit. Separation from friends will be an issue, and even claiming a first team spot. They have 2 FB-s on the left side of the defense in their team. I'm not sure if he'd agree to leave for just 70k. Also, we may qualify for CL, and Arsenal don't have that this year.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

life changing amounts of money cant blame the guy for being tempted by that kind of cash

personally i think arsenal are buying only to sell him for 2 to 3times as much in a year or so to a big club

they have been falling away for some time

what would kierans percentage of any deal be actually ? a few million ?

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It's all fine saying 25 grand sets him up for life but 70 grand a week not only sets him up its sets his parents up and hypothetically speaking it would set his future children up and his future grandkids..... As much as he loves celtic family does come first.... Then you have the argument he's only what 22 he could move on in two years time and get 70 grand a week four year deal still on the table.... Celtic has the all the cards at the moment

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Fair dos mate..

Thought he was decent going forward at Celtic Park for example when they went 1 up but a fair few goals were down his side. Forrest the 1 nil away a few year back. Cross in for Sinclair in the other away win. Edouard and the whole backline in the game he assisted at Celtic Park..

JC Anton likes this.
  17. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I wonder if us effectively making it through to the 3rd round today will have any bearing on Kieran's desires. Wonder how heavily Champions League football this season factors into his pros/cons list of whether to go to Arsenal or stay.

18. dmccourt95

Doubt it would be a deciding factor, arsenal won’t be playing champions league football for a while

19. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Yeah that's what I'm saying though. If we qualify for the CL, it makes playing for Celtic this season so much more attractive. Whereas if we don't, it would make more sense from Kieran's perspective to want to test yourself against higher quality opposition on a weekly basis in England.

dmccourt95 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  20. aliceinsound

After taxes and funding a footballers lifestyle in London, which is about double the living costs of Glasgow. I'm not sure he will be radically improving increasing his savings that much.

Would buy a more glamorous life in the short term though