1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Please sign someone that shows we mean business..

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by gazb1888, Jul 22, 2019.

Discuss Please sign someone that shows we mean business.. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not saying I agree with it, but it almost certainly the way the board are operating.

2. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Aye

3. saltire78

Then I predict a 2 week, on-off bidding process, increasing by 200k a bid, until we lose out on him to an English championship team on the last day of the window... but that's ok, because we tried, and these things are difficult!

4. KL Bhoy Kez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Go to bed ya absolutely plonker.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can see where the OP is coming from.

We have lost 12 players this summer, albeit someone them where not first team starters.

As it stands right now we have

Goalies: Bain, Gordon and Hazard

Right Backs: Ralston, (possibly) Abd-Elhamed

Centre Backs: Jullien, Ajer, Simunovic, Hendry

Left Backs: Tierney, Bolingoli, Miller

Right Mids: Forrest, Shved, Morgan

Left Mids: Johnston, Sinclair, Hayes, Arzani

Centre Mids: Ntcham, Brown, Eboue, Bitton, McGregor

No 10: Rogic, Christie

Strikers: Bayo, Edouard, Griffiths

So 6 out of that 7 (Sinclair aside) could easily go imo and they wouldn't be missed (Sinclair would be imo)

if that happens leaves you with a very very thin squad for a 60 game domestic and European season - leaves 19 out field players backed up with Connell, Dembele, Henderson and Oko-flex from Dev squad

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Morgan has looked excellent so far, albeit early days.

We won’t sign another CM until we punt Ntcham imo. Possibly a DM and loan Eboue.

Abd-Elhamed will provide cover at CB and RB (can actually see him being used on the right side of 3)

RB, we will sign an out and out, no doubt..

Think we will also bring in a striker possibly on loan, depending on how our CL Qualification goes.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Morgan needs a year playing SPFL football - should be loaned out.

Agreed on Ntcham and Eboue

Abd-Elhamed - should provide cover both positions.

Still think something will come off with Baldock and Sinclair swap deal.

Aye that is always going to be the case with the striker - more so if we keep with the 1 up top.

Tbh we are a good right back off a really solid core group of players, but lenny saying squad still needs trimmed but then saying he wants "2 in before the 2nd round qualifier" then for whatever reason we have nobody in and the deadline a week on Friday for the 3rd round its Deja vu again this summer window for some - similar to last summer £9m spent early doors then nothing for weeks - same again this summer £10.3m within a week then zilch - not even one solid new link to anyone in the last 16 days!

8. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I agree the OP has a point.

But the amount of Celtic fans in agreement now that we need we right back and attacking player. I'm hoping for that number 7 that can light the place up.

So we can only assume Lenny is in tandem with this too.

I agree with most of the player outs that you've listed. Still feel we need to sell a player for decent money to continue our spending. I know we have money in the bank before I get rounded on. I don't agree we need to but just a feeling I've aired the last few weeks that the longer we have went without signing anyone else the more I believe it.

If that's the case get Ntcham out the door but his value is dropping each week without solid interest.

I'd be happy to give Morgan the year here and move Sinclair on, especially if we sign that attacking player with serious goal threat. We can always move French Eddie out the left which he also excels at.

I'd be very much of the opinion we need a number 1. Gordon can make way for that competition with Bain.

In
    Gk
    Rb
    Cm
    Striker

Out
    Gordon
    Ralston
    Hendry
    Miller
    Ntcham
    Sinclair

15-20m further spend as OP suggests with the vast majority of that made by offloading the players above.

A net spend of 10m or roundabouts

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. saltire78

Think we're just going to have to get used to the reality that our board won't spend anything at all we're not 100% happy with already having covered until we make at least the 3rd qualification round, and so guaranteed European group stage football. They're completely obsessed with the huns, and how their old club died, so there's a 0% risk strategy. They'll take the no risk/small profits over the medium risk/high profits strategy every time...

Blochairnbhoy and Dazzler86 like this.
  10. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Still waiting on the "help" arriving that lennon stated "the players need help" at end of the season. Got jullien in but we lost boyata and benkovic so we lost 2 quality players in defence and brought in 1. Luca Connel won't be pushing broony or calmac oot the team so thats not competition for a place either. What help was he alluding to?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    “If you can negotiate this tie then we can hopefully look at strengthening the side going into the third round. It can be a slow process at times but you want quality."

“Hopefully” Neil * hopefully :56:

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Sounds like a Rodgers special, that one..
    :87:

The suggestion of quality while we bring in Dahan's mates.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    The IRA, RabS and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's brutal. The board are hanging Lennon out to dry expecting him to hit the ground running on a squad that has been running on fumes for the last 18 months.

We are trying to do the bare minimum required to get to the group stage. Disgustingly unambitious.

Why do we need to wait til we get by this side to strengthen the squad?

Julien, Connell and Boli have been in for weeks and still aren't fully up to speed.

How can we reasonably expect anyone that's brought in to be able to go immediately into the squad against decent sides and perform well?

Champions League aside, our League campaign starts in 11 days time and we're still a few players short of where we should be.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s the way we run business * riot!

15. Damnati

I would take Lennon's comments as it's just taking longer than anticipated to get people in, not that we have to get by this round before he's allowed to buy anyone. Think the quote needs more context.

16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It's not even strengthening per say, the bare minium of this window was to replace what we've lost at RB. We've yet to even do that, baffling !

The IRA and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Said it last week in another thread we spend what we bring in and since summer 2016 we have done just that not spent a penny outwith the transfer fees we bring in

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lenny has said we have dropped the trial for Simpson as we have the Israel guy now, but criminal to be signing a CB to play at RB. Recipe for disaster.

Against a good winger, most CBs are in trouble regardless of pace. A big RB playing centrally I can live with but a CB playing out wide for me will pose endless problems.

The only thing that maybe an option but could well lopside areas of the park is when Boli goes mental up the park, he can slip in and become a 3. Although not sure if that'll cause problems in midfield.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

When we kicked off the spending with £7m on a centre half, I thought we were meaning business. However that was almost a month ago, and we're still not even sure if he's ready to be starting tomorrow night.

It doesn't seem like we're close to signing a quality right back, but even if we sign one next week after we take care of this Estonian mob, there's a fair chance he won't be ready to play in round 3, or maybe even round 4 should we get there.

It's a farce. People can make as many excuses as they want. Blame Rodgers and Congerton all they want. But we've had ample time since Lenny joined to identify a whole host of right backs and sign one. It's unacceptable that we went into the first round of qualifiers with a centre half at right back and a midfielder at centre back. And it's looking like it'll be the same setup tomorrow.

20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Won't be long until @Sean Daleer is in calling you a entitled panty wetter..
    :56:

Twisty and Officer Doofy like this.