1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 2 v 1 FK Sarajevo, Wed 17th July, KO 7:45pm agg 5-2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marie, Jul 14, 2019.

Discuss Celtic 2 v 1 FK Sarajevo, Wed 17th July, KO 7:45pm agg 5-2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Callum hit that with hardly any lean back which caught the keeper off guard, it's a skill only the very best possess

Rydo1888* and The Prof like this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The quicker we get a RB and stop * about with Bitton at CB the better, pitch also looks a lot better this season.

Rydo1888* and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was middle of the goals the keeper was too far over the other side.

4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok, Callum spotted the keeper out of position and took advantage using his ability to disguise the strike of a ball :50:

5. Onefootwonder

I'll take that. Early season and we are nowhere near match fit.

Hopefully we see performances increasing in quality game on game now.

6. murphy88

I actually thought Bitton was very good tonight. Read the game well and cut out numerous attacks by going across to cut out passes. Don't want him as one of my first choice centre halfs mind you.

Twisty and stew37 like this.
  7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Thought we looked sharp and played the ball about well, a lot of variety of attacks rather than passing the ball along and back and down the side and back - a lot of runs made into the 10 position area from players and passing in there and off the ball runs. Was a bit refereshing even though that team aren't the best.

Was a comfortable game but I was shocked at them scoring, they never even seemed a danger - dont even remember how the goal came about except it ending up at that guy with a clear view at goal. Other than that it was a decent night.

I'd have subbed Edouard and Morgan for Griffiths and Sinclair earlier though.

That team were dirty * as well, probably the worst i've seen against us in both legs think they had 5 or 6 booked and another couple should have been bookings. The first leg as well they put a good 4 or 5 bad late tackles into us as well. Lucky the likes of Forrest, McGregor, Edouard and Christie never took sore ones as they were too sharp for them.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

@MagnificentSeven must condemn.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Pretty uninspiring, the squad needs freshened up.. it glaring..

I’m sure it will be but to what extent?

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're normally more upbeat JC. I thought there was patches of decent play tonight, went flat half-way through the 2nd half a wee bit. To be expected when we are still getting upto speed.

RB and a big * of a DM are the 2 priorities for me.

JC Anton and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I thought for the most part we were excellent tonight, certainly enjoyed watching it, quite a few very good performances.

Agree the squad needs freshened up.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He could’ve been a lot stronger at their goal, my point is he’s never a CB so shouldn’t be playing there.

13. stew37

I thought there was some really good play going forward and down the wings, and we'll get sharper in time. Actually really positive to think we'll also have Bayo, Mikey, Shved and Arzani to choose from as attacking options as we move forward. Still need maybe 2 more additions in my opinion but not far away.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The fact we still have a CB at RB and a DM at CB, in the CL qualifiers is depressing.

The tie was won in the first leg, but we really need 4 to 6 in the door imo.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. AstonHz

Ggs guys. These were fantastic two matches. Sad to see that our players played somewhat dirty, but that is lack of speed and agility. Only ways to stop your players it seems... This needs to be fixed.

I hope we are still welcome in this forum .I liked Celtic before, but from now on consider me a supporter. I'll put Glasgow and a Hoops game on my bucket list. Cheers mates! Good luck and hope you get in that group stage!

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I agree. I don't fault the squad or management for that though, it's outwith their control.

I was saying similar on the walk back to the car it's about time we started to get a semi-settled defence, both for qualifications sake and starting the league in 2 weeks time.

HH KTF

CountyDownFaithful and JC Anton like this.
  17. murphy88

Think it's harsh to try and pin any blame on him for their goal. Agree with you about not being a centre half though, he was good tonight however playing there. Bitton at centre half isn't upsetting the balance of the team to be fair, it's having a centre half in Ajer playing at right back cause we have arsed about for two year trying to bring a capable one in.

18. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    First thing i thought of too when i saw it mate. A dominant CB would have cleared that all day long or least put more of a challenge in but to be fair he's done a reasonable job there over the piece as a makeshift!!

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did you even read my original post you replied to? That was my whole point. :giggle1:

20. CountyDownFaithful

We all know we need a RB

But after watching that game tonight I’m desperate for us to sign a CM destroyer. I’ve thought for a while that we need a Wanyama type player.

I think we badly lack some physical presence in midfield that no player currently offers. It was so noticeable when we went to Ibrox twice last year