1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jul 10, 2019.

Discuss For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You haven’t been on here!

2. Cringer67

That’s not even kinda close to being true.

3. mairilouise

Personally I'm disgusted with the board and the lack of transfer activity in key areas that have been obvious for a couple of seasons now. Still no RB when we really need 2 is embarassing. Imo we also need a bit of steel and pace in the middle of the park, the huns bossed our midfield in 2.5 games last season, 45 mins of which they were down to 10 men at Paradise. We just seemed to * the bed against them, especially at Ibroke. They have recruited well by the looks of it and we have sat still again (so far). I feel like I'm watching the same sideway passing, struggling to break teams down movie that we watched last year. Bar a few last minute goals in games we played * last season we could have lost that league. If the window closed right now I'd say they would be favourites for the league and with the supposed cash we have in the bank that's unforgivable. So far we have only really spent BR compensation money, where's the VVD money, Armstrong money....absolute joke!

G_portillo, Dazzler86 and Cringer67 like this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right calm down firstly.

If the window closed the now they would not be favourites for the league that’s bullshit.

Armstrong and Svitachenko money went on Edouard.

VvD money is in the bank on page 23 of the accounts along with the other £30m plus.

Of the £30m from Dembele and Rodgers we have spent approx half of that.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  5. Cringer67

Id be careful of speaking too much sense mate. You'll have idiots claiming you're a hun in disguise for daring to suggest that that our team needs work and that the vermin across the city could take our title off us if we don't pull the finger out.

ddub11 likes this.
  6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    What about the 12 million from europa

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That will be in the accounts come the year end.

It pays the bills as does the season ticket money, merchandise revenue, tv money and prize money.

We aren’t the huns we don’t blow it and live on loans

littlekennie likes this.
  8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I have no idea if we have any infiltrators on here but It's funny (ironic) reading some getting a tough time for watching/ seeing the orcs, from folk who seem to have an encyclopedic like knowledge of the same orc team themselves :56:

9. mairilouise

I don't care if we live on loans as long as we get 10IAR and nor will they care as long as they stop it!

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You can’t live on loans eventually you die!

11. mairilouise

Just get the 10, that's all!

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sure the huns said that in 1998!

13. mairilouise

At the end of the day, we don't need to live on loans and that's what is more frustrating.

14. Cringer67

At least we agree on something.
    I agree with you.
    I find it baffling that some of our fans think its some sort of capital offence to know anything about our rivals and/or worry about our current set up. Its not a hanging offence to suggest some of their players are half decent and more than capable of wrestling the league off us, especially with our board at the helm.
    If you're not in the ''ahhh theeere puuure shiitte'' camp then you are automatically ridiculed and labelled one of them. Heaven forbid we raise a concern at the path we have been going down for a while now.

15. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Sevco will implode as soon as theyre out of Erop
    They do have some half decent players.... but will they be around come January when theyre out of EUropa, we have better, and Celtics board arent playing on the park

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm going to say something controversial here, see when we stopped the 10 from them, we weren't anything special that year, out of 36 games think it was lost and drew 14 of them.
    I know its subjective but If you went man for man they had some brilliant players then and should have * all over us.

They didn't....in my opinion they got cocky and over confident, when they beat us at their midden and that beast Gough done all the 10 * that was it, game over they just had to turn up.

Off course we are better than them, man for man we are better than them......just don't take any success for granted.

17. ddub11

Interesting you say that,its a while back now but i once read a book by Alan Sugar and he spoke about how english clubs operate.
    A lot of them owe out millions but survive,a lot of people on here pointing out the huns are borrowing and will go bust if they dont have a good run in Europe this year but i cant see them going bust.

Difficult to argue about how we operate when we look at the success we have had but the truth is the hun were not a threat giving what happened to them ,and in europe we have done very little.

While i can accept the situation regarding europe,when it come to the hun we cant take a chance we need to bring in a few more players and if that means spending more than we should then so be it.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think that tactics is a part to blame for the Ibrox performances, as we had no answer to them pressing our full backs and, specifically, Brown.

Despite the pressure they put on Brown, we continued to try and play short and play through him and we didnt adapt over the course of the 90.

Their defence also played a higher line, effectively squeezing the game and suffocating us when we had the ball.

I rate Edouard, but he doesnt possess the aerial prowess or the physique to bully defenders and we miss that in those games. A player or target man who can win the ball and hold up play.

I do also concur that we need to add quality to the team and physicality in midfield for the derbies and games where we really need to grind it out.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Well you can along as you pay it back over a pierod of time basically you can have loans that you can't afford to pay back.... Loans or credit are good for get a lump sum you need right away rather than having to scrimp save and wait down the li e to get that money together

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Rangers have benefitted from investment and interest free loans which have kept them afloat. In the longer term the investors will expect to see a return on those loans.

English teams can spend because they have the security of knowing that the big tv money is on its way every season as well as league money.