1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

/thread

2. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Its like some are wishing him away so that they can have a go at the powers to be for letting him go......

3. horseshoe

It's pretty sad but yeah there's obviously a few on here who would absolutely cream themselves at being able to accuse the board of forcing him out for the money, as if the player has no say and doesn't need to agree terms to leave. If the people in charge here (or at any club) were really able to force players out against their will, how do teams end up with deadwood picking up a wage without kicking a ball for years, surely they'd force them out?

Whoflungdung likes this.
  4. Celticbhoy17

Wouldnt have any hard feelings towards the boy if he leaves, its not the same situation as Brendan and people are just being emotional to say that its the same. A footballers career is short, Rodgers had already made his multi millions - and its not in doubt that Tierney clearly is Celtic through and through, hes been here for 10+ years already ffs.

As for the fee, 25 million is poor imo. If Aston Villa are wanting 50m for John McGinn then Tierney must be worth at least 65. Id say 35-40 m for tierney is a reasonable valuation is todays market but Pistol Pete will probably wet his panties at the sight of 19.95 million and take it. Then he'll move to Madrid in 2 years for 140 million.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  5. Jeremie Frimpong

Forrest.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Would love Tierney to grab the GB megaphone at the Sarajevo home leg and give it...

7. Keano88

Jimmy’s taken for granted.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

If he has his heart set on a move, all we can do is hold out for the largest transfer fee that we can.

The reported £25m price tag is a pittance in this day and age for a football player of his quality. If that is indeed our asking price, I hope that we attach some sizeable add-ons because if he has one good season at Arsenal, it is conceivable that he will be valued at four times that next summer.

The IRA and Keano88 like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If his heart is set on a move he really will be expected by many to say why he wanted to move!

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Here's a thought: maybe he's said look I'm * * off getting the * kicked outta me every week and all these games I have to play a season with no rest, get someone else in as backup to gie me a wee rest occasionally !

So everything is just sheer speculation on all this selling talk.

Tommy25 and Whoflungdung like this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If and that’s a big if Arsenal offer 25 million, like others have said there better be a sell on fee included.

Maybe Napoli will come in and offer more money? For me I would be holding out for at least 30/35 million and have a sell on clause.

The club could say to him sorry KT you are going we need the money to fund Lennon’s rebuild, like McGeady was told as well.

I would rather keep him but wouldn’t hold it against him if he leaves, would rather him stay and be our captain when Brown steps down.

12. horseshoe

And then KT and his agent would say naw that's not how contracts work, you can't sell a player and make them go anywhere if they don't want to.

Tommy25 and Whoflungdung like this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Then he'd stand upon the roof of park head with a microphone screaming "am no going!!!!"

horseshoe likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They can apply pressure in other ways though.

Not in any way suggesting it would happen to Tierney but Bobo was frozen out of the first-team for the crime of wanting to sit on a lucrative contract that we had offered him. McGeady has also made comments that both people on the board and Lennon had conversations with him about how much money he could earn at Spartak and how useful the transfer fee would be for funding our own rebuild.

bhoy81 and Whoflungdung like this.
  15. wulliebad

You are right,but then you could end up with the Bobo saga all over again...huge wages and not being played by the club and frozen out of the team....i don't think that would ever happen (again).....but you get the point.

16. wulliebad

Thing is....how big a * bank balance do we need....its not like we need 11 new players.....this team only really needs a new defence building and it looks like we are 50% there with only 7 million spent and another 3 being spent on another RB.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    2 teams in for KT, a spent force in Arsenal where he'd make * loads of £ but no honours and Napoli who have a headcase owner and possibly the worst nutcase fans in Europe....not much of a choice really see

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    AYe we have tons of dough and dont need an injection of £25mill from any sale

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, it's frustrating.

I still think that if he goes then he's wanted to go though. If he does then it's more £s into the bank that should be spent on improving us all over the park.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's the crux of it really. It should actually quite an easy decision for us: if he doesn't want to go, simply don't sell at any price; if he does want to go, then sell and reinvest the money in young talent.

We all hope he stays, but it's his hopes and not ours or Arsenal's that will determine the outcome.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Damnati and Seán Mac D like this.