1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They're apparently selling Aubameyang to fund their summer budget..

2. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I would personally love the Lad to stay and see in the 10. after that, I would be happy for him to head south and collect the wages on offer. We only get one chance to bank a windfall for this player and it needs to be managed right. If we do sell KT, the money needs to be right. He's a good lad, and deserves his chance to shine against some of the best players in the world.

Crilly and CoullyBhoy like this.
  3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    "IF" KT has to go , by him wanting it , at the very least £30 + Bielik ,

Like the look of this boy more than perreud he looks better defensively an more hardy

4. Hadouken

In all seriousness what are the chances he even passes a medical?

5. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Think your under valuing him tbh here.

:fear:

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Quite easily imo he is a machine!

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mbombo and Perraud would soften the blow of him leaving big time for me.

I love the guy but they look like ample replacements. Well, as good as we could potentially afford.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Completely agree..

This is exactly the kinda way we should've been operating when Dembele was off. Should've taken the Boyata 9 and got Jullien in last summer etc etc..

Just shows how much of a * show and struggle there was behind the scene's over the last year or so..

Glad there seems to be (how it's looking) a changing of our strategy in this window, so far anyway..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  9. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    European success

Defensively yes, but averaging an assist every 4.59 games in his Celtic career says there is a lot more work to do for him in the final third. In comparison, Robertson is playing top class teams every week and is managing an assist every 4.3 games with Liverpool. When Mulgrew was playing left back here under Lennon he averaged an assist every 2.69 games for us. Of course it was that high due to playing 2 up front, so lets see how Tierneys service to Bayo and Griffiths this season compares.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  10. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Sorry but that's not true, look at all the individual errors he made in Europe with us (posted about it last year in his thread but can't find it)- long story short he cost us at least 6 goals just from individual mistakes, something that he has completely cut out of his game now. When he was here he could afford to switch off now and again in the league and get away with it due to the dross strikers he came up against but in Europe he was exposed, whilst in the league he is now he would be punished for 1 slip up. Napoli (2nd in Serie A) comfortably got beaten by Arsenal (5th in prem) over 2 legs, so not sure how you rate the Serie A so highly? Not to mention the snore fest football, only Atalanta played great free flowing football.

At this point in time 1. Epl 2. La Liga 3. Bundesliga 4. Serie A 5. Ligue 1

Here is just 1 example, misjudges the flight of the ball somehow and the player he was meant to be marking scores

11. Murph-E

Had a look at the "McGrory of Arsenal doesn't sound the same" story regarding the "open cheque" offer.

McGrory in 1927 was on £9 a week at Celtic (£555.40 today) and the FA salary cap was £20 (£1,234.22) at the time. Tierney will be going from £15-20k a week to £60-70k a week. It just isn't the same.

Now, you could say Tierney actually has more reason to turn it down, as the comfortable living he can make from Celtic will set him for life much more than either Celtic or Arsenal would have been able to offer McGrory at the time. But realistically, McGrory was turning down (in modern terms) a double-his-money £64,000 a year job, while Tierney would be turning down a triple/quadruple-his-money £3.65mil a year job.

Don't think it's right to criticise him if he does go.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye know I just think how weird it must be for KT.

Here you have a guy brought up in a Celtic mad family, since he was 8 years old he has came to Celtic for training, development, catapulted into the first team aged 17, idolised by fans by time he is 19, captained Scotland and Celtic before 21! Is clearly best friends with a Celtic captain and legend in Scott brown a guy who has been here for 12 years himself! You have been positioned and formed to be a future Celtic captain went on about how he couldn’t see himself moving, still got FOUR years on a £18k a week deal.

Then boom Arsenal come calling offering you 4 times your salary but you will become just one of a number in a group of players who can’t wait to get out the place who don’t want to play for the manager, Ozil, Ramsay, Augbemyang all can’t wait/couldn’t wait to get out Welbeck couldn’t sign a deal for either! A team where finishing top 6 in EPL is their aim.

I don’t think I genuinely could do it, imagine you are clearing your locker, walking out Lennoxtown and Celtic Park knowing that’s it, that chapter in your life is over, never to return, the team who gave you everything and meant everything to you, imagine that knot feeling in the pit of your stomach, the realisation it is OVER!!!!

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This is going to hurt like * if it happens. I won't blame him if he goes, but I think when he is old and grey he will regret it. It is easier of course when it's not you involved but when you get older you realise money isn't everything. I would want my name to be written in the history books if we achieved 10 in a row.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ultimately the final decision is down to Kieran!

Celtic can accept a bid but if he says no that’s it and if the board try to force him out, it will come out 100% then if that does happen surely then the board are in the firing line!

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If he goes I think he will return, hopefully while he’s still good.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dunno summer tbh. He does down there does the business he will be off to a proper top EPl team or abroad 100% maybe come back when he is in his 30’s but my point remains he is 22 this year he could play another 3 years at Celtic in summer of 2022 get him on another 5 year deal protect the value he could then go down south and have 6-8 top years maybe even 10 years making serious dish but then people will say 1 injury and his career is over etc

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I said it a while ago, it will be tearing Kieran & his immediate family up more than any of us.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  18. ddub11

Outside of glasgow 10 iar means nothing.
    When you consider what he may achieve with arsenal and him playing in a better league with added exposure and the possibility of moving on to bigger and better things after arsenal ,as a professional footballer with ambitions you can see why he would give it consideration.

While he would be getting more money i really think the main reason for the move would be to play football at a higher level,i guess if money was a priority he could get himself a move to the states or asia and make pleny of it over there.

Artorias likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If his career goes on the trajectory it looks like it's going to go and finances in football continue to be disproportionate then I doubt we'd ever get him back unless he seriously regresses and isn't deemed a top level player again.

We only got Roy Keane for the last 6 months of his career when his relationship with Fergie broke down beyond repair and Robbie Keane when he had completely fallen out of favour at Spurs, even then he picked LA Galaxy over ourselves to see out the remainder of his career.

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Not the same thing with Keane.
    I’m on about him returning because he wants to give something back, so will be able to take the hit on pay early.