1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That defender won the Champions League though.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually don't feel like he is going to go, even though i've been saying as soon as someone comes in for him and is offering him £80k+ per week he will be off I don't think Arsenal will give us the money, I don't even think we'd accept £25million and thats just paper talk guessing at things.

Tommy Burns is often lauded as a great Celtic man if not best ever and people forget he requested to go when Chelsea came in for him in the early 80s.

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Aye and is the best defender in the world.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

One game of a season?

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He wasn’t when he was here though. Ballon d’Or winners might pass through Celtic. But we will never have one or have a nominee again, purely due to the reputation of our league and no fault of our own or the players. Teams like Hibernian signing a Forest Green player for £350k and calling it a statement of intent.

6. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I think people forget how good Kieran Tierney is and how valuable he is to us. Hes not only a left back, he runs that left side with relentless attacks. Hes also our very near future captain, our biggest asset. Watch any of them pumpings against the huns and see how key he was in almost all them. Then watch the games at ibrox and see how much we missed him down the left.

He is (for me) invaluable, and by invaluable I mean if he wants to stay, we cannot sell him. Unless the boy himself wants to go. Then I cant fault him anything less than 30M shouldn't be entertained if so.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Camp Nou?

8. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Why is everyone so sure that he’s leaving :43:

9. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Pretty much what I just said. You wont win the ballon dor in Scotland no matte how good you are. But its worth mentioning the fact van dijk might actually win it ahead of messi. Despite being here not so long ago

10. celtic warrior

And yet when did someone last win from Scotland?

Agree about Ballon d'Or though but that's never happening.

My point is to get a golden boot winner now is utterly unaffordable and if we were lucky enough to produce one they'd be gone for a criminally low fee within 2 years.

MacEwan likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yeah he was * in 1 game of a several game Champions League campaign, I don’t understand your point?

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You said his goal should be to perform at Camp Nou as a Celtic player. That’s madness.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Guy in my work is saying that he changed agents to the same one the rat uses, weeks after he signed his 6 year deal with us. Is that true?

14. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    No

15. StevieBhoooy!

Dennis Law I think. Although Jinky and Kenny D got second places.

The golden boot is a bit of a fake though!

They sometimes overlook high scorers if they think the league is ‘inferior’

I think Owen Coyle should have won it one season but was considered ‘too low a league’. McCoist wasn’t given his 2 until later on for the same reasons .

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Where? :56:

17. StevieBhoooy!

Don’t think so...

Wasn’t KT supposedly the player most ‘hurt’ and angry about the way that BR did a ‘midnight’ on us? Not even saying goodbye. Doubt he’d want any part of that outfit.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Googled it, looks like he was right both signed up to 'Stellar Group'.

"According to the Daily Mail, Celtic talent Kieran Tierney has signed with the Stellar Group agency, joining Brendan Rodgers and Patrick Roberts.

The Bhoys moved to tie Tierney down to a new six-year contract at the end of last month, easing some fears over the left back's immediate future at Celtic Park

Tierney, 20, has been a sensation for Celtic over the last two years, becoming one of Europe's top young left backs off the back of his displays for the Bhoys.

That has triggered major speculation over Tierney's future, but with a new contract secured, Bhoys fans can relax for now – even with the Daily Mail reporting that Tierney now has a new agent.

Tierney split from Raymond Sparkes earlier this season, and he has now signed with the Stellar Group agency, who also represent Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers and winger Patrick Roberts.

Intriguingly though, ESPN reported recently that Tottenham remain keen on signing Tierney if Danny Rose leaves the club, and the Stellar Group do have links to two deals with Spurs in recent years.

They oversaw Gareth Bale's blockbuster move to Real Madrid in 2013, helping the Welshman secure a world-record move to Spain, before also representing Kieran Trippier during his move from Burnley to Tottenham in 2015.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is a tough negotiatior who may well favour agents he knows and trusts, and that history could play into Tottenham's hands somewhere down the line – but for now, Celtic fans can rest easy in the knowledge that Tierney is staying at Celtic Park for the foreseeable future.'

19. ddub11

I always think its a bit silly comparing todays players situations with past players.

The game today in lots of ways is different than what it was years ago,money,technology,trans fare rules,contract rules, rules of the game there are so many differences in the modern game that it just doesnt make sense to try compare.

Iv said it before if KT decides to leave it should be with the good wishes of all celtic fans and some of the comments on here about KT are embarrassing.

clonbhoy likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    David seaman on sky sports, asked about Tierney and completely swept right over it "yeah that's one position(we need)".

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk