1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BhoyInGreen1967

I still think, if he can stay fit for a full season, he is the best player in the league..
    This guy has so much talent, but he is so inconsistent..

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wonder how many games he will start this season. Lot of good competition in the squad for that position

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Won't be a popular opinion, but i think we should punt him if we can.

4. clonbhoy

He can't.

5. BhoyInGreen1967

That's the obvious problem..:fear:

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think you are overrating him. In his season he played his most games for us (30) he has scored only 8 goals.
    Im a big Tom Rogic fan but for an attacking mid with no defensive responsibilities, id be hoping for at least 10 goals.

On his day he is a very good player but i dont know if he does it often enough or if he does it in the big games. Not the best player in the league.

7. BhoyInGreen1967

You might be right, but on his day he is just unplayable.. Unfortunately we dont see those days very often:fear:

8. Paul McAuley

Just get rid. He's just a sick note. And extremely unfit but no wonder he's blowing out his * after 60 minutes as he's never training due to been hurt.

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Anything above 10mil would be a good deal, as most posts state he's never fit enough, we probably onky get four or five good performances per year

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A sublime talent, but too languid for the SPFL, I also fear that the next two seasons will be about hard graft than putting on a show.

The boy just never seems fit. We can’t afford any passengers for the next 76 league games.

I have said before that I don’t care how we get 9 and then 10, I really don’t care how we do it but we must to sock it right to this awful shithole of a bigoted hateful backward country, but swanning about half fit and slower than a bank holiday weekend in jail will not be the answer.

11. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    On the contrary to a lot of comments in his thread, Rogic on his day is probably the playey for a Neil Lennon team. Think he much he reiled on Kris Commons in the past. Individual ability to “make something happen” with creative play, etc.

12. clonbhoy

They may play in similar positions but they are very different players. Rogic may have scored some big goals and some great goals but he is not the regular goalscorer that Commons was. Commons was a player who could have a bad game and score the winner, while Rogic has done this too in the past, more often than not he needs to be in full fitness and form to provide his best moments. The fact that he is so rarely fully fit means we rarely see the best of him, which is a shame as he is a genuine pleasure to watch, in a way that Commons never really was.
    I think he probably needs a new challenge to try and get fresh and fit. I just can't see him being the player he was here again, although I would love to be proved wrong.

13. Heb Celt

Agree we should try and sell him.One of my favourite players when fully fit but that's the problem he never seems fully fit.Always thought his international duties holds his career back.

blackfish likes this.
  14. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Tam is the new glass legs what the * is going on ?

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think we'd be mad to sell him because we wouldn't get any more than £10-15m tops.

Rogic is the type of player we need who can make the difference against top class opposition. What he lacks athletically he makes up for with technical ability.

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Punt.

Enough us enough.

As soon as we get him up and rumning that wankstain arnold will call him up for some mickey mouse fixture and send him back in bubble wrap.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Why would we punt one of our most effective players?

We and he do need to be stronger/smarter with his International situation, if there’s any niggle at all he doesn’t travel. And if it’s a nothing game we invent one.

Gully Sands and Random Review like this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Youd think he was out for another few months

19. Momo Sylla

He'd probably be great in Italy with the slower pace. I'd hate to see him go though as there isn't another player in the squad capable of pulling off those big moments when it's needed most. We can't afford to buy somebody like that so why get rid of the one guy we have who can.

I get the frustration around his fitness but we just aren't in a position to let a guy like him go.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He could be yet. He never kicked a ball for us after Christmas last season. So frustrating.