1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not to start with. Then when he was, we gave him a longer contract.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s gonna get the players ready to go that’s for sure.

3. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We need to lift the pace of the game, too slow pedestrian and predictable., correct blend of experienced quality and young quality.

4. angusceltic67

Good interview that.

Lenny for the 10, the guys raring to go.

Time for the fans who are still butthurt over the appointment to bury the hatchet and get behind our man 100%, if he's to do this (10) fan backing is essential.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon is poised to follow up months of preparation in the transfer market after being confirmed as Celtic manager.

Lennon's future only became apparent when he was offered the job after Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup final triumph, and a 12-month rolling contract took a further six days because of a pre-planned holiday.

But the former Celtic captain has been working on summer plans with chief executive Peter Lawwell from soon after he stepped in to replace Brendan Rodgers on a short-term basis in late February.

"There's been work going on behind the scenes for the last few weeks regardless of whether I was going to be here," Lennon said. "That was my job, and it still is now."

A number of players will depart this summer with Dedryck Boyata and Filip Benkovic already gone, the future of the likes of free agent Mikael Lustig uncertain and speculation surrounding contracted players such as Olivier Ntcham .

But Lennon said: "It's not going to be a huge sweeping change. There was a style of play I was unaccustomed to, and I was getting to know the players

A number of players will depart this summer with Dedryck Boyata and Filip Benkovic already gone, the future of the likes of free agent Mikael Lustig uncertain and speculation surrounding contracted players such as Olivier Ntcham .

But Lennon said: "It's not going to be a huge sweeping change. There was a style of play I was unaccustomed to, and I was getting to know the players

When pressed on how big an overhaul the squad needs, Lennon said: "Whatever it takes to help us keep moving in the right direction. I don't have a number of players, I can't tell you who's going to be leaving or coming in.

"But like every season at this stage you are looking to improve and that's what we will endeavour to do."

Celtic do not have a head of recruitment after Lee Congerton joined Rodgers at Leicester earlier this month.

Previous incumbent John Park has been linked with a reunion with Lennon but Lawwell vowed the club would take their time to fill the

We are working on that," Lawwell said. "We want to keep calm, and don't rush and make the wrong appointment too quickly.

"We will sit down, look at the structure of the football side of the club, which will include head of recruitment, and then go out to the market and possibly do that. We will set about that task now."

Lawwell also kept his cards close to his chest when asked about the scale of the rebuilding job

You'll be fed up hearing me say this but every transfer window we want to come out stronger," he said. "We will do all we can within our financial constraints.

"We realise the squad needs freshened, it probably needs strengthened.

"We have actually been working on it since February in terms of options in terms of enquiries for players.

"So we have been planning ahead for that period of time and we know the direction we want to go in in particular positions.

"Our objective is to continue to dominate in Scotland, to get back into the Champions League and go as far as we possibly can, and for that we need the right people, the right management and the right players."

Crilly likes this.
  7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Wasn’t saying you did, mate.

I’m just saying that the fact that our managers get 12 month rolling deals regardless of pedigree, etc shouldn’t go unscrutinised by our support, which is what the majority here seem to be doing in amongst the (rightful) congratulations and acceptance of Lenny.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon in!

Hoops13 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aw he’s no up for the Job.

:lenny2:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    12 month rollin contract, makes a lot of sense.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I imagine that includes Europe?

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You know what that means. Efe is coming home.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was COMPLETELY against giving the job to Lennon. The performances, in my opinion, were so worrying that I actually would have probably rathered Moyes or even * Pardew than Lennon (.. ok not Pardew).

Now the dust has settled I am right behind Neil of course and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was gutted when he left after his first tenure. That counts for something.

He was working with Brendan's players for the remainder of the season and didn't want to completely tamper with the style of play. That also counts for something.

I'm confident that, given some funds to get the right players in, Neil will get the job done and then some. He's no mug. Up Celtic.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    In the bin..

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep. Qualifiers are massive Lenny.

Let’s get it done.

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:lenny1:

Marty McFly likes this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

The part in bold from Lawwell, not * probably it’s well over due ya *! Get it * done.

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, actually, I did (in Brendan’s case); many of us did. MoN’s situation was to do with his wife’s illness, as far as I recall.

Undying support and misfocussed, blind loyalty that unwittingly lets the board away Scot free are two different things.

It’s no good complaining about no money for transfers, etc when we refuse to also hold the board to account for not giving our managers good enough contracts.

Us sweeping this under the carpet because we want to be seen to be backing Lenny is exactly the kind of reaction the board wants.

Dangle a Celtic man in front of us and they can treat us like garbage when all is said and done.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Cheer up ya * boring * * sake.