1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa League 2018/19

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jul 12, 2018.

Discuss Europa League 2018/19 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Caught the last 20 minutes.. was like a pre-season friendly, crazy decision to hold it in Baku.

Rydo1888* and richardm like this.
  2. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It does indeed but I remember reading last year the finalists were only going to get 6k for the final as the authorities stated no matter who was in the final they couldn't cope infrastructure wise with anymore and knew it was logistically impossible other than by car for that amount to be able to fly or train it in, facts UEFA must have been party to but still chose to hand the final tho that city.

We are back to that old buzzword "inclusion" again for the excuse for why it was chosen and I'm all for smaller associations getting in on the act, I'd suggest rather than ruining a showpiece final a better nod to I would be to allow smaller associations champions a fairer crack at theur competitions by not making them start playing literally weeks after the final for next season's competition all this whilst allowing clubs like Atalanta, Spurs, Villarreal, RB Leipzig straight entry despite either never winning a league in their history or it was so long ago black and white TV has the footage

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Oh dear,oh dear dear dear me those poor EPL fans had to travel so so so so so so far for such a * atmosphere,not quite as * as it would have been closer to home.
    Wish they had both lost,did not watch i will not watch the Corrupt Money Cup on Saturday,wish also both could lose,.uck the EPL!!!

4. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Chelsea fans celebrating there win, or should I say Chelsea fan.

[​IMG]

5. Lyonniste Olimpico Liyonês

The victory of Chelsea allows Lyon to qualify directly for the Champions League. :party048:

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!

7. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Very pleased for Maurizio Sarri to get his first trophy as a manager. What he did at Napoli was absolutely out of this world and were so unlucky not to win Serie A, it's really good to see him get a trophy to show for all his hard work. He's a guy who came from such humble beginnings and worked his way up through the Italian leagues to get to this point. It's fantastic to see.