1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Was Treble Treble more important to board than 10 in a row

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, May 25, 2019.

Discuss Was Treble Treble more important to board than 10 in a row in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Given today's announcement that Neil Lennon has been offered the full time job as Celtic manager, do you think the board are more happy with the history making Treble Treble, and have less ambition to win 10 in a row?

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You'd have to say it was as they certainly haven't shown ambition..

Today's announcement after what is a special day, isn't what I'd call ambition..

3. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    The Treble Treble wasn't important to them either.

Lennon was getting the job no matter what.

We didn't seek out any other candidates, that was all *. Sure mind the day Rodgers left and Lawwell was giving it the 'we've spoken to a number of candidates regarding the interim manager's position' even though everyone knew it was Lennon.

This * and his bootlickers have taken us backwards from a position of strength on several occasions. Believe me, this is the beginning of another.

Enjoy today's Treble if you can, cause it will be the last one.

4. Bonobhoy

The board dont give a * (hence the faces at the end) as long as they save as much money as they can and fill their pockets all is good.

Sickening we have them here.

And IF it goes * up they will leave Lenny out in the cold and take the hit.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think there has been a massive over-reaction on here, i'm reading people saying that they are totally deflated, yet we've just created a piece of history that will likey never be repeated, how crazy is that ?

I didn't really want Lenny to get the job, but now that it's his i fully support him, we were poor today no question about that but at least Lenny managed to fire em up at half time and we got there in the end.

I do believe that we as a support have become well and truly spoiled, i understand that we have a right to expect as a high a quality manager as possible, the more i think about it Lenny might not be such a bad choice after all.

This appointment will not go down well with every supporter, but let's now get behind Lenny and show him our support, if we can get the recruitment right over the summer then next season could well be another successful one and hopefully we can secure 9IAR.

6. Murph-E

I don't think any good managers want to come to Scottish football, and Rodgers was just a one off, short term miracle. They've given it to a club legend knowing that'll cloud some people's judgement, and I'd rather him than the other mediocre realistic names who were linked. They know the first dodgy penalty that goes against a Neil Lennon-managed Celtic team will have everybody united again.

7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    probably , thae lickspittle bastarts dont give a * about the fans they never did . the pandering to their cheating , as long as the green and blue pound flowed is their be all and end all . I was there in the sack the board days , time for you lads to stand up !. Lenny is a mere * in this game but the salary will cloud his judgement . He is a mediocre manager with outdated views on the modern game , and wait for the 2 match , 3 match , 8 match terms he will serve in the stand next season . thae * need the huns to win a trophy to keep the bucks relevant , a 100% opposite from the fans . * day ruined !!

StevieBhoooy! and The IRA like this.
  8. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    if your question is, is the treble treble more important than 10 in a row.?
    then yes

9. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    got to agree with you on this.
    Lennon was the easy option.
    do you honestly think that our board would have sanctioned a £3m 4g pitch if it was Lennon rather than Brendan Rodgers ?
    and that tells you all you need to know

ticketyboo0 and The IRA like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think it depends on how much backing they give him in the transfer market.

Random Review likes this.
  11. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I had a feeling that if Neil could deliver the Treble he'd get the job full time. As usual our board goes for the cheapest option. To think some of us thought Benitez could be coming here.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Mate, I know but the timing. I do want Lenny and am not at all gutted by the appointment per se; but I fear for us and actually I fear for Lenny.

If Lawwell had a press conference on Monday announcing Lenny has the job, that he knows that many fans wanted a bigger name but that they have a plan going forward and he will be backed to build a team that plays his way, no one would be happier than me. Instead we got a rushed announcement (so rushed that the offer hasn't even been accepted yet) at a time cynically calculated to deflect dissent.

If they plan to back him, then why announce it in this way that just shows total contempt for all of us?

To be successful, Lenny has to play his way and that means getting the players in who can do that. I don't feel confident he'll be backed right now.

13. StevieBhoooy!

I don’t think either was particularly important to them...

It’s all about filling the coffers as much as possible (and spending little) by whatever means.

I think hotels museums and sponsorships and player asset sales are more important to them.... as is any European income..

For me ... the next two league titles are more important than anything else as far as Celtic goes. I seriously worry that for the board the opposite is true.

14. HailHoopy

It's Frightening but I really believe the part about the Huns. I think our board are doing their best to drag us to their level because they can't reach ours. We should be * light-years ahead of them given our financial position.

Delivery man likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lawwell basically just said he doesn't give a * about fan's wanting a bigger name either..

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's a * scumbag.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

We've just won another treble, completed 8IAR and won the League by 9 points without even being anywhere near our best all season.

How much further ahead can we be lol ?

18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    you confident of 9 ?
    you confident of 3 more trophies ?
    do you believe they will give Lennon the tools for the Job
    I should be but Lennon is not the man to inspire me .. sorry .

19. HailHoopy

Would you say we're light years ahead of them? Have we looked light years ahead of them in our last 3 games against them?

Don't get me wrong mate, i think we'll win the 9 and probably the 10 but i don't think it'll be as comfortable as it should be considering the financial situations of us and them.

And i agree with you about sections of our support being spoilt, i was there through the bad times and I'm delighted every time we win the league, cause i remember we didn't win it for a long * time.

But i do honestly think we're taking our foot of the gas to make it interesting. I think we could have well and truly buried those *.

The Prof likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I'm confident if Lenny is backed properly over the summer, we will secure 9IAR :50:

Scotia and HailHoopy like this.