1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely they were only temp solutions anyway, same as Lennon. Which is why, if true, he would reject it. No chance he would say no if we stuck a 2 or 3 year contract in front of him.

2. Silky Hoops

I am always wary of apparentlys.
    Honestly, if Clarke was offered the gig full time, I am sure he would jump at it.

3. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    I was told we had spoken to Lenny and Clarke. But that was early in the day. I don't know who the third person was.
    He might well do so. We weren't offering a full-time position when Rodgers left.

shaunbhoy67 and Silky Hoops like this.
  4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Strachan or Moyes probably

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  5. KingArtur'1

Marcelo Bielsa could quit leeds if they dont get promoted just read there

6. KingArtur'1

Marco Rose Salzburg beating Napoli 3-1

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Only after going 4-0 down on aggregate.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So what you’re saying is he’s dreadful away in Europe and decent at home.

Marriage made in heaven.

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    And just adding some context Paul. A 3-1 victory over Napoli in isolation looks like a good result. In the context of scoring 3 goals when you need a minimum of 5: not so much.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Agreed.

11. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Rather Ancelotti, we either go for someone really proven again or Lennon.

12. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    I honest tae * have nae idea who I'd choose....Lenny? Stop-gap fpr me....but then again mibbe no.....but mibbes aye....
    I was just in love wi thon * Brenda tbh.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think it would be fair to give the job to a negative manager like Moyes, if he * up our bid to win 10 he'll feel terrible the rest of his lif
    Lenny would have to lost the league before he gets replace. If he loses the league before we win 10iar then I honest to * won't care for the next three years who we hire. I'd give it to Henke and let him have a 5 year stab at it unless we finish in the bottom have of the split i think he could learn to be very good. There will be no pressure on the next guy if the 10 isn't something that conerns us so it would have to be Larsson, be foolish to offer it to an experienced guy, what is he going to do, what ambition will there be? Waking up will be the only ambition for most fans if we don't win the 10.

And I don't want to wake up to Moyes

14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    More people would turn up to his unveiling than Brendan's.

60,000 tazers, ye kinda get the feeling fate is getting fed up wi' him not getting a hint to ye know it's possible

15. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Moyes would be nowhere near consideration , neither would Clarke.

Tommy25 and Twisty like this.
  16. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    For all I love him and would love to to be female so I could have his babies....I wouldn't have Larsson. Don't see him as ever being a top manager. Ever. Sorry. Especially now I've got my juices flowing.

17. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    j

Nice and concise :50:

I've already said the romantic reasons I would love Lenny to be the man who lifts a 10th consecutive title.

I'm under no illusion it's going to be very difficult to pull off. The huns thought they were cruising to it but when it really mattererd we got lucky with 2 exceptional and the rest of the team was not bad too.

We must never underestimate the ragin' desire the huns will be screamin themselves to sleep every night and they'll not stop till they've done something to end the nightmare themselves.

Aye we've got the ability to give them narcolepsy for a good few years but we have to think about who wants what more?

Do we want the UCL more than the league. Do the huns want to stop us winning 10 more than we wish to win it?

A lot of the team are not bathed in the cuture of the 10, it might mean something to them as an impressive achievement but I don't if would be bothered about Leicesters win even if I joined them that season. Would be good but when I came back home for the summer the place would look empty without streets full of huddles. And they will last the whole summer unlesss the polis put us aw in the cells till the next season starts but then the streets will be full of Huddles every night again.

See when huns think about stuff like that I can't help but think their sleeping giant is going to try and pull something off. He's a psychopath so it's possible it would give him a great thrill.

would be f ucking * 5 years though which is what I'm guessing is the greiving time.

I watched highlights of Seville about 3 weeks ago and it felt like the first time I seen Larsson's headers, I was like "Yaassss!!!"

Then big Bobo made that tackle and I felt like greetin.

Not that I would ever watch the game we lost the attempt, could even be this season :frown:

18. Silky Hoops

Moyes would be a dull uninspiring choice, and since Everton he has been on a downwards trajectory. I don't see this happening. Jose Mourinho would be box office, is it possible ?.

Larsson ? I don't think he is a genuine runner because he lacks a credible managerial resume.

cidermaster likes this.
  19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's an interesting point when you say it could all unravel and you're right. It's confidence obviously you're talking about cause it would take some ultra bad tactical decisions and terrible transfers in and out.

It's why I think Lenny. I think the players know how well enough to feel confident he can and will get up and dust himself down when we have poor results. We really need that because * sakes we're going to take a few doings wi'[ the amount of pressure it's going to end up like, every * day the media will be clickbaiting the * out of it, anything even remotely suggesting injuries, comments real or made up about our chances, a different manager each week providing deep analyisis, they'll even bring that Mykutyaljnmlgds Moneyball manager over to describe how the huns have paid less for more and he would be very sur[rixed if we won because we don't have big game players like tavernier, Clarke Kent and * mcgregor.

Big Chris will sort any naysayers out, thank * he's on our side. Aye he'll also shout loudest if we start bottling it but fair play, I might not like how heavy duty he gets but if we win the league this season it's really going to start to sink in how mental an achievement it'll be.

Not because we're the best team to do it. that was the Lions, it'll stun me because in football terms it's so soon after they financially doped 9.

20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Wenger stayed at Arsenal too long ,sometimes managers need a break and change , but there's not doubting his cv if we where to go down the football 'philosophy' route over someone like a martinez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.