1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

top european manager isnt gonna take the job with lawell slashing the £60m a year wages down to £30m

welcome neil lennon a real heart on sleeve guy, could be a crucial part of the jigsaw in strengthening us for europe nextn season as a fair few of them games it looked like we didnt have heart

if lawell thinks he can get lennon on the cheap or take him for a mug he'll be mistaken

Gabriel likes this.
  3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

at the moment he's also the BEST option mate....thank * he's available...knows the Club, League, some of the players, back room staff blah blah!!! I'm actually quite excited!!!

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  4. Phillyhoopsfan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are There
    I agree

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Naw. Lennon told him to do one and left last time. Lawell ain't got the baws this time.

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Need to get your head round it now. Celtic will never sign a big name manager again. BR was as big as we were getting. No big name manager is going to sign for a club with no big huge money and no big ambition. You have to speculate to accumulate and it's not in PL mindset. What we have to hope for is that a manager will achieve great things from nothing and become a great manager. Any big manager out there only needs to phone BR and find out where it all went wrong if indeed it was money related. We punch well above our weight now and have been doing so for years. We're big fish in a wee pond and we don't have tens of millions to dish out for players. We are where we are constantly unearthing a diamond and selling them on to keep the club in rude health by our standards. Depressing though it is no great manager is coming to Glasgow.

MagicBallBhoy, horseshoe and Fontaine like this.
  7. gillanscot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mullgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lenny is coming back a wiser man. Celtic was his first appointment as manager Im sure he made mistakes last time and will be prepared to take us to a new level.

MagicBallBhoy, Tony. and Gabriel like this.
  8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Lets not give Lenny a chance. Lets tell him he's only a stopgap and even if he wins every game between now and the end of the season we will move him on for a trendier option

9. horseshoe

You got a source on that pal? :43:

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm super torn on this..

I think he'll come in and galvanise a few. Inject a freshness in to some favourites that have been taking it easy for too long and and also give us more steel..

I don't know if I want him back long term though. Think I'd want someone closer to Rodgers' calibre..

Hope we hit the ground running as it could be an exciting last few month's..

cammy07 likes this.
  11. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Loves the Celtic, and can actually set up a defence. Happy to see Lennon return..

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. Keano88

2 others?

If only we were this efficient with transfers.

JML67 likes this.
  13. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Voice of reason in this mental day.

14. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    My issue is if Lennon (or whoever,Kennedy etc) is only an interim then who’s going to be signing the 2 centre backs we will need for the summer?! Boyata and Benkovic will be gone,as will Toljan Burke and Weah..Huge rebuilding needed in our defence especially..Ajer and Hendry then!!

15. angusceltic67

Not a given then?

16. clonbhoy

There would be cases of human self-combustion all over the Hun speaking world.

angusceltic67 likes this.
  17. jamiebhoy67

All these people saying lack of ambition appointing Lennon and all this * well.who the * else are we gonna get that is "top class European esq" Rodgers was meant to be the top class European manager we all needed and he had some of the poorest results I have seen so give me Lennon every day please best we can get at this moment in.time he is one of us and bleeds green and white not an imposter kunt like the guy he is taking over from

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ronny Deila and Stevie Clark.

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i dont know if i would say never again, but i agree it wont be this time, i think we go in cycles and there is very much a limit and we reached it paying £60m in wages a year, this will need to get slashed and it will be this summer

we just dont get the revenue streams to be operating at that level of wages per year without it endangering the club, as disapointed in that reality as i am

20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    At least we wont spend 45 minutes passing it sideways and backwards waiting for an opening,sometimes only to be done with fannying about at the back.

might go with 2 upfront some games now too and score some goals from a set piece ,Rodgers teams were a bit passive at times also.

Leone Naka Fan and paulo123 like this.