1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Niall1980

Pukki is doing alright now

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We won't..

3. Bunk Moreland

It's a * poisoned chalice, * sake they sacked Ranieri months after he did the impossible and won them the EPL when the season before they were battling relegation. No top manager should go anywhere near that job unless they fancy the dole queue in 6 months time.

4. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Press saying, Celtic are simply dwarfed financially by Leicester City....who in turn are minnows compared to top 5 / 6 EPL clubs.......Rodgers left for the £ he will get, simple as that, as Leicester have more £ than Celts so its all down to £ and thats what is important to Rodgers, he could have stayed won the treble treble and gave the club time to get solid replacement structure in, but nah, first EPL offer and away he goes leaving the club in the lurch. I dont buy into the "celtic minded / man stuff" but Rodgers is exposed now as a shallow £ grabber all his * abut living the dream etc......Also leave the board / Lawell to one side, would you expect a cautious board to sanction big £ signings especially given Rodgers track record of poor signings. Also as posters have put on here we have a glass ceiling in place: Leicester showed a turnover of £233 million and made a profit after tax of £80 million for the 12 months to June 2017. In the same period, which was a highly successful one under Rodgers, Celtic posted turnover of £90 million and a profit of just under £7 million.

SO BR took the £ and is leaving the club in the lurch no matter how anyone see's it so he has soiled his reputation, thanks for the memories now onwards and upwards

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Board out.

No other thing matters now, but this board needs replaced.

Does it need Desmond to walk/relinquish control? Who knows, but the people running the day to day need gone.

They've chased Lennon out previously with their unambiguous outlook. They signed Deila who just wasn't good enough (love you Ronny). We pull one out the bag, thanks Desmond, and we manage to chase Rodgers away. We don't back out managers at all.

Lennon returns, I genuinely believe he can get us ten in a row.
    But that's all he would be here for, he knows himself under this board there is not much else he will be allowed to do.
    I would also personally not want him to put himself back under the pressure and abuse he would get from the Hun *. He's better than that and deserves a shot at a decent club with ambition and wthout the abuse that comes with being a Celtic manager.

Anyway,
    Rodgers, I'm * disappointed. Mid season, to a * no mark mid table club? I honestly believed he would be savvy enough to want to out his name down in history, what he has done today (awaiting final confirmation) is ripped up the legacy he was building and spat at the feet of the fans.
    You could understand if he came out in summer and done/said similar to Lennon when he parted ways, but this is poor.

This leaves him with a bad rep, leaving for a no mark club.

We move on.... But the board needs to go as well.

Ps. Take that * congerton as well.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

johnboy19, y_n_w_a, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  6. Lewis Kerr

Leicester are not a small club. He would not get near a club in the top 6, Leicester are the next best thing he could get there. It’s a good move for him. But he has * us and he is a fraud

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. Jeffrey

He’s probably thinking * lawell and the board this will show them. Naw.

Only * over the very people who have worshiped you in the 2.5 years you’ve been for. It’s us that will pay for all the penny pinching and board room squabbles. Hes no stupid he knows he could suck it up for another 3 months and give the treble treble a good go.

Absolute * in ma book if he goes. And it looks like he wouldn’t give a * anyway.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    All EPL jobs are poisonous ...if BR gets kick from Leicester or any other English club, he gets his contract paid out so he cant lose financially...shows £ is his *

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brendan send a helicopter for Lawwell, Bankier and Congerton please

rkid likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

There is no way Lennon should be getting the job again ,to tell any good players we sign they won't be here for long * that he had his 3 years which he loved to talk about

seanm likes this.
  11. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    By the sound of things Davies and Kolo are already gone as well.

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Rodgers first season domestically was amazing probably the best I've seen since I started going to the ganes.

Second season at home was dreadful at times this year has been the opposite we've been very poor away but good at home.

Although I'd agree that Rodgers was better domestically than Lennon I wouldn't say it by that much, we played some great stuff under Lennon in the league and with a bit more luck he would have had a few trebled himself.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    About to get what, 6 million for Rodgers if he does go? I'm genuinely never expecting our board to do * all, but it by * should be put back in to finding a suitable replacement.

Not the own coyles of the world.

Then again, what * manager would actually want to come here? Rodgers walks for a no mark club, everyone knows we aren't remotely the force we were in Europe and that we spend * all money.

If Rodgers couldn't get the board to part with some cash, who the * can.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Slaw, Artorias and seanm like this.
  14. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Id say its a bad move, fans expectations are unrealistic

15. kokisrice

Poor taste fs

16. JamesM09

What’s the latest confirmed news on this? He’s been given permission to talk, as McInnes had with the Huns, but that’s not to say he will go for it?

Surely to * he’s got enough honour to see out the season?

seanm likes this.
  17. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The writing was on the wall since the transfer * up last summer......Good Luck to Brendan, he brought great joy to our club and wrote his name in our history with a team and fans who believed in him.

Welcome back to Lenny if he gets the job....hail, hail.

seanm likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nae decent manager worth their salt will walk out on their club with less than 3 months to the end of the season to come to Celtic Lennon is logical and will need to do.

And yes the post is a dig at Brendan!

Random Review likes this.
  19. Belgian_lad

I’d take Martinez any day. He made from a team of names a team that went for it and had structure and tactics and fight for the Belgium jersey.

bagforlife, StPauli1916 and seanm like this.
  20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Marco Rose at the end of the season or lawell and the lot of them need hunted out the door.