1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you expecting in January?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Oct 26, 2018.

Discuss What are you expecting in January? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

I wasn't expecting lawwell to get a £2.3 million bonus on top of his £1.2million salary

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Dunno, mate. You could ask your wife, she'll know. :46:

clonbhoy likes this.
  3. joemc

How dare you bring sense to this and kill the drama .
    :redcard::84:

Scullybhoy likes this.
  4. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We badly need a striker and a right back, address these positions correctly and we win the league. If we don't it could be dodgy with an improving hun team.

5. john2061

Bring in a quality forward not a youth player so need to spend some money there and a right back and a centre half and punt hendry and boyata and i hear spurs are letting wanyama go on loan so maybe get the big guy back in our midfield .

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think once we get deals done for weah, bayo and maybe burke, we'll move on to targeting a RB and CB. We need 2 CB's and another gk imo but GK can wait until the summer.

7. EddiesBaws

You’re telling me I have to watch Gordon’s 5 yard hospital passes the summer?

:90:

8. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I really hope we get a new goalkeeper. Gordon has been really poor. Aye, he made some decent saves against the scum, but his kicking and distribution has got so bad the saves no longer make up for that.

Boyata was also really * against the huns, clearly has his eye on the window. Since Benko will be back to Leicester come June, we really need to buy a least one new CB now

9. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Burk and Weah on loan is embarrassing.
    Apparently we are haggling over £500k for Bayo, we're acting like absolute beggars. We * it in the summer, I honestly thought we would have deals in place ready to pull the trigger in January.

The huns are * skint, debted up to their eyeballs yet they are signing Defoe, Davis and Jones. Doesn't sound like much but they are level on points and it could be too close to call.

It's a scandal we've found ourselves in this position. Lawell getting a £1m bonus after his summer transfer dealings is truly laughable.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

£500,000 is not nothing mate and this undead reincarnation of a club is going the same way as the last mob, I don't know who these supposed signings are but I would caution the board bringing in more projects when we have a helluva bloated squad full of nearly maybe guys, don't need knee jerkiness from the board and lawell

SPL solid RB, CB and striker maybe better quality if we can halve our current first team squad

Remember were paying out £60m for our squads wages which Franklyn is incredible amount

11. CountyDownFaithful

RB and ST are the priorities!

CB also crucial. If Boyata signs a pre-contract our objective should be to make a deal this month, there is no advantage in keeping him until the summer just to wave him goodbye in May.

12. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    The reason we've got a £60m wage bill is because we keep buying projects and throwing the dice. Apart from Kouassi, the players we have spent good money on have delivered (Dembele(wages), Edouard, Ntcham, Sinclair ). We lost out on Mcginn for the sake of a few hundred thousand because we * about and haggled for a bargain. Sometimes you have to pay the going rate for the better players, football has evolved, it's very rare we'll find another wanyama as the elite clubs hoard the best young talent.

If you want a player then pay the money if not go on to the next target. It's seems we 'run out of time' every transfer window.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Is bayo good enough for our 1st team or likely going to be another inconsistent squad filler, I agree with you about mginn and we are very tight too pennynpinchin but its also possible mcginn could have been sitting on bench for months and or Christie wouldn't have had the miraculous turn around

Were in agreement mostly though

I believe we need to get shot of a right few players

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Bertie Cauld likes this.
  14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Less points than Kilmarnock in the enitirety of 2018.

Level on points with a Monkeys side who’s best player doesn’t know the offside rule.

Our two most experienced players completely folding at the home of our fierce rivals. Several passes hit out the park under no pressure at all. Those are the guys setting the standards.

A squad so depleted and a board so inept that our lone striker and main focal point of the team was a promising but untested 19 year old winger in our biggest away game of the season.

Hysteria.

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Frustration to be honest. The usual noises made at the start and then ultimately left feeling like a fart in a space suit.

16. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Several passes hit out the park, there rests the case for the defence my lord

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

A boot in the baws

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think after we broke our transfer record for Eddy Lawwell thought we would be content for a while since no one really expected us to spend £9m on a player. But it hasn’t worked out has he planned I don’t think. Édouard really needs to justify this price tag still. But he has plenty time to do so. Saying that he has had a half decent start.

19. CountyDownFaithful

Burke deal done and looks like Weah and Bayo will join him shortly.

Things are moving in the right direction but I’m concerned at the lack of talk about potential RB/CB targets. These positions are vitally important, really hope we pull of a couple of permanent signings in these positions.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Agree mate. Loan signings can be useful but we really need a settled first team going into euro qualifiers in the summer. We always seem to be ill prepared. Granted injuries haven't helped over the past few years

CountyDownFaithful likes this.