1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well we can speculate that he is a perfidious character who, against all appearances to the contrary, doesn't care about Celtic and is a coward on a level rarely seen, or we can remember that he was always prone to little injuries, even when he was a young man in his prime.

It used to be a thing on here to say Lustig is a good player, but he's no use to us if he can't last the 90. You mention PSG: what about Barça? No c*** will have wanted to come off that night, yet Lustig couldn't last the 90 again.

It's the way he's made and it's probably why his decline started a few years younger than (at the other end of the spectrum) Scott Brown's.

2. MartinoBianco

Incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic is said to be interested in Porto's right-back Fernando Fonseca, 21.

That may mean that Mikael Lustig's time in the Glasgow club goes to its end - and that a move to the Allsvenskan and AIK is approaching?

- I have many options - but the focus right now is on Celtic, says Lustig to Sportbladet.

Football is hot in Scotland's largest city.

The league restarts on Wednesday, Rangers challenge for the first time in several years seriously Celtic and it is being restored during the January window.

This probably affects most of the national teamback Mikael Lustig , 32, whose contract with Celtic expires in the summer.

Several Scottish magazines state that Celtic is interested in the port defender Fernando Fonseca, who has a price tag of approximately SEK 23 million. The Portuguese U21 national team man is then seen as a possible replacement for Lustig.

Talking to Rodgers
    - I have a dialogue with our coach (Brendan Rodgers) and the club. Both my and the other right-back (Cristian Gamboa) contract goes out. That Celtic is looking for a new right back I have no problem whatsoever with. They have to fix that.

- Then we see how my situation is, if I stay or go somewhere else.

What is your feeling what Rodgers and Celtic want with you?

- We have a good dialogue and I know what he wants. It's still a few months left and a few weeks on this window. First of all we get to see what they do in this transfer window, says Mikael Lustig to Sportbladet.

There were a number of headlines when Lustig appeared on AIK's gold party after Solnalaget secured the SM gold in the fall and Swedish masters have been paired with the right back after that.

What can you say about AIK's interest?

- Not very much. It was blown up a little when I was out and met Sebbe (Larsson) after they had won gold and suddenly it was clear that I was going to AIK… haha.

- Celtic has not received any inquiry yet and I have not heard anything concrete. Right now, there is full focus on Celtic that applies to me.

Moves to Västerås
    Does Sebastian Larsson and Granqvist make sure that you come home to the Swedish girl?

- Hehe, yes, both have had good names when they got home. The spruce picked up the HIF to the Swedish Swan and Seb won an SM gold. Life plays for them. Sometime we will move home to Sweden. But if it's for the summer or in a few more years, we don't know.

Mikael Lustig, wife Josefin and her daughters Lucia and Lexie have a house in Västerås and this is where the family settles when moving home to Sweden.

If it doesn't become an extension with Celtic, do you have many options then?

- Yeah. Although I have grown older, I can play a different role in many teams looking for a more experienced player who can play in several different positions. There are many clubs that can imagine having a gamma Lustig in the team, haha.

- Of course I look and listen to different options. You have to do that in this industry. We sit down in the family and talk about what we want to do. We feel good in Glasgow and should we stay here we know we are fine.

- We know what really wants. But it would be foolish for me to put all the cards on the table when I don't know what's going to happen.

Rangers are challenging
    The Archipelago Rangers, who makes the third season since the return in the high-league, now challenge Celtic about the league title.

- We have been a bit up and down this season and it is smoother than ever. It is true that we are on the toes from the beginning. We have three matches right now, says Lustig.

The Rangers are back in the top not only in the table. When the Swedish national team throws something on Instagram, it hails comments from their own fans and opponents.

There are two extremely large clubs with a lot of fans. It's nothing new.

Is it tough with all the tough words?

- I know when I was good or bad. It is not often I sit and scroll through all the comments. Had I thought it was hard, I had made my Instagram private and started blocking people. No, it's not a problem.

One of three clear new acquisitions for Celtic is young striker Timothy Weah, 18. The father is named George, had a young Mikael Lustig as supporter, and was named the world's best player in 1995.

- Timothy came to us a few weeks ago. It's still a very young guy. It can be a good forward by him. I am a big Italy fan so I have a good look at his dad's time in Milan, says Mikael Lustig.

Should get off right away
    Umeåson played two games in the middle days after being away for a couple of weeks after a nasty concussion against Salzburg in the Europa League on December 13.

Despite the tough blow to his head, Lustig continued playing for several minutes before he was replaced.

Do you regret playing on?

- Right there and then I felt ready in the head. I had a full look at the match and what had happened. After a while the sight began to fail a little. Then I started feeling bad after the game. After that, the club was extremely careful with me. I did some tests and could actually have played before, but Celtic didn't want to take any risks.

- It was a good bang and so afterwards I might have changed right

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbla...tig-jag-har-manga-alternativ-att-valja-mellan

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think he could go this window if we get a decent RB in btw!

6. Aidan O’Shea

I’m no fan of his but would rather he go at the end of the season so he gets a decent send off for his service.

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He's on his way

He's on his wayyy

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would like that aswell but with the Swedish season running from March to November you could see why he could maybe leave before next Thursday if all parties agreed.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He knows his time's up..

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What a servant though for a freebie! Would say out his 8 years he did quite well and settled in brilliantly to Glasgow and club!

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

£2m for portos under 21 right back

seems cheap, anyone seen him play ?

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Absolutely..

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's like a tube of toothpaste that's had the last decent bit squeezed out.

14. wulliebad

he might be first choice till he is 46....:56:

15. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Hope Ralston plays tonight instead.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ralston will be the new rb, there won't be any new buys.

I like Lustig and still think he's our best RB, but Ralston getting the motm at the weekend clearly told me that the purse ain't getting opened.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Forgot how good looking he was.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tell you what, he put in some shift tonight

Fastest I’ve seen him move in a long time, and cut out theatrics after tough challenges. Like he had a point to prove..

Gyp Rosetti and Rydo1888* like this.
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He does going by the comments on here. Bit of competition doing him good.

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Theatrics? He's got fouled, you do watch KT? Both make sure the ref knows they are fouled.

Him and Izzy were superb tonight. Must've been a right boot in the baws for some haha