1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Just Kieran, Dec 30, 2018.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    saw a 26 goal compilation , about 20 of the goals were Larsson style headers.
    Looks a proper penalty box poacher (no pun intended)

MickeyyMack likes this.
  2. MartinoBianco

Link us pal?

3. Keano88

Here it is.

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley

MartinoBianco likes this.
  5. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    A striker that scores goals with his head , It'll never catch on. looks to have good attributes albeit youtube vid.

MartinoBianco likes this.
  6. MartinoBianco

Sign this Beast. Today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MagicSviat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I can’t believe some of the folk on Twitter are comparing Bayo to Musonda, Balde, Pukki, Bangoura etc... when they haven’t even seen the guy play or ever heard of him. Had they ever heard of Roberts, Dembele, Edouard, Benkovic etc before? Some ridiculous people out there, the guy’s not kicked a ball and they're already slating him.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Fan in the wheelchair at 24 seconds :rofl:

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Love the guys passion when he celebrates.

10. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Eddy does my nut in with that. * could score a Sammy style opener at ibrox, only to turn round and give some * a handshake.

Artorias likes this.
  11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It wasn’t his dribbling nonsense it was sarcasm.
    Someone actually, in all seriousness, posted very similar yesterday as mentioned above.

12. Brido1981

Looks like someone who can head a ball!!!

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just need someone who can cross it now.

Slaw and Brido1981 like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Peter Hyballa has an eye for young talent after setting Mario Gotze on the road to World Cup stardom as a kid at Borussia Dortmund.

And in Celtic target Vakoun Issouf Bayo he sees a player with all the attributes to go the very top.

But he insists there is plenty of work needed to polish off the rough edges.

Hyballa took over at Dunajska Streda and knew instantly he had a player on his hands when he saw Bayo, who had joined the Slovaks from Tunisian side Etoile Sportive du Sahe five months earlier.

The 21-year-old, capped twice for the Ivory Coast national team, has been a key part of the success of his young side who sit second behind Slovan Bratislava in the Slovak Super Liga.

German boss Hyballa has previously managed Austrians Sturm Graz and NEC Nijmegen in Holland but has a background in youth development in his homeland

Most notably he worked as Borussia Dortmund Under-19 coach when Jurgen Klopp was in charge at the Westfalen Stadium and played a key role in promoting striker Gotze to the top team.

The frontman would go on to score the golden goal to beat Argentina in the 2014 World Cup Final and is proof of his knowledge of young players and in Bayo he sees a great talent.

Hyballa gave Record Sport the lowdown on the Hoops target from his home in Germany with the Slovak league enjoying a winter break.

He said: “I read about Celtic’s interest in Bayo on the internet on Sunday but I know he has some other offers and it’s no surprise because he’s a good striker.

“But I must stress that he’s a development player. I’ve been in Slovakia since the summer – replacing Marco Rossi who left for Hungary – and Bayo had already been at the club for five months after moving from Tunisia.

“I can’t say Bayo will reach that level but he has great potential. Celtic are on a different level but there is no doubt in my mind he would be a long-term success.

“He wants to learn. He’s not lazy and now he has a German coach so he has to work hard! When I joined the club they didn’t play with a pressing first line but he understood the system I wanted to play very quickly and wanted to run which I like.

“I don’t want a striker who just stands in the box and scores because if you introduce a pressing style then all 11 players must do it.”

Hyballa admits Bayo is just one of a number of young players attracting interest at his club and said: “Our players are attracting a lot of interest because we are a very young team, basically under 22.

“I’m from Germany and have introduced a pressing style and Bayo is a player who has had many first-team opportunities and an interesting player.

We are a very interesting club, a bit like Red Bull in terms of infrastructure, and have had offers that have been rejected for other players.

“We know we are playing in Slovakia so it’s not like England, Spain, Germany and we are not the size of Celtic or Rangers but we won’t accept less than what we believe any player is worth.”

15. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Sounds promising although the "But I must stress that he’s a development player" doesn't sound to me that he'll be ready to fire us to glory.

Happy to bring him in and see what he's got though.

Big Shoes likes this.
  16. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I hope we dign this guy soon just pay the 2.7 and get him on the door

MickeyyMack likes this.
  17. clonbhoy

Some of the defending in that video is abysmal, he should feel right at home in training.

LectersLuncheon, Peej and Neilly M like this.
  18. Lewis Kerr

:giggle1:

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I counted 12 headed goals, sign him and we better start practicing crosses :97:

20. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Not got high hopes just based in YouTube footage, not a great finisher and playing in a shocking standard of football.. hopefully will be proved very wrong of course should be sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.