1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He was our best player by a distance.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He coulda been but they got most crosses in he didn’t stop many and didn’t get any crosses in, few loss balls aswell. Maybe best ona bad bunch on Saturday.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He anchors the midfield now and should never be moved.. it should be who partners him.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I can't bear to watch the match again; but even before Brendan's comments I remember thinking that McGregor did really well defensively considering that Tavernier/Candeias combination is literally their most potent threat and he mostly had to deal with it alone as Sinclair was posted missing.

Add to that that he's not even a LB and I think he was outstanding. That's the one thing Brendan got right in his interview.

Tommy25 and charlietully like this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree. Until he hits his 30's and his legs start to go. Then he should be derided as a shocking player, all memory of his previous contributions forgotten, history rewritten to make out he was rubbish from the start and generally treated with a complete lack of respect.

It's the TalkCeltic way.

6. Paul McAuley

Watched a video on YouTube about the book launch and Calmac has never been injured. He's got better and better with time. The team has to be built around him. He's our talisman, the maestro mark 2.

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He was easily and without question the best Celtic player on the park.

You talk pure * wee man.

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

9. oneilla56

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Best post ever.

10. MartinoBianco

TROLL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CM: "We're delighted to be back. We have a lot of games coming up. We had a good week in Dubai and now feeling fresher for the second half of the season."

CM on new signings: "It was great to meet them in Dubai. You're there 24 hours a day with them, so it certainly helps everyone to settle in."

CM on #ScottishCup: "It's a competition we've done well in in recent years. We know how difficult it is to win these trophies but our aim is to go as far as we can."

CM on #CELAIR: "We've prepared the same way as we have for any other team. We know we'll need to play well to go through.

CM: "It's about about we do. We want to play fast, aggressive football so we continue to prepare accordingly."

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Had doubts about this fella. Glad to say I was totally wrong the wee man is feckin class.

In an era when we talk of "legends" this guy for me over the last couple of seasons and going forward, can only throw it away.

Can't imagine a Celtic team without him in it now.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers once described Callum McGregor as Celtic’s equivalent of NFL star Tom Brady, suggesting he can comfortably play in all areas of the pitch. And whether asked to play in an attacking or holding midfield role, or slotting in on the left-side of defence, as he has done this season, the 25-year-old said his primary concern is giving everything for the Celtic jersey.

Having recently extended his stay at Paradise until 2023, McGregor has committed his biggest years to the Hoops, and reckons he could now be a one-club man. Speaking in this week’s Celtic View, McGregor admitted he prefers playing in a central role, where he can dictate the pace of the game and engineer attacks, but also said he’ll play wherever Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers requires his services.

“I feel like I’m really at home at Celtic,” said McGregor. “The contract stuff was done really quickly, and I got the shout that they wanted to give me a new one and it was pretty much done within the space of a couple of weeks.

"I’m really happy here, in terms of being in the team and trying to help the team and the club being successful. I feel that responsibility to be here and give my best.

“I’ll play wherever the gaffer wants me to, but in terms of personal preference, I like to play anywhere centrally. I think that helps in terms of what my skillset is, moving the ball quickly, keeping the ball, get us playing, tempo in the passes.

“I think anywhere centrally, if I can play as a number 8, I can get forward, if I can play as a number 6, I can help dictate the game from further back. I think playing centrally for me, is where I’m suited best. First and foremost, though, we’re all Celtic players, and we give absolutely everything for that jersey.”

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hope he gets back on game, think him and Christie have fell away a bit but sure it will be back to normal soon enough in the midfield

16. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I thought he was excellent tonight.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Outstanding.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Superb player..

Should've had a couple but everything went through him from what I saw..

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Magnificent, thought Christie and Burke were really good in the first half but McGregor got better and better as the game went on MOTM.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member