1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Dec 26, 2018.

Discuss The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Analysis:

Gordon: Distribution was awful but he made several saves to keep the scoreline respectable.

Calmac: He is the best passer we have at the club and Brendan saw fit to waste his talents in the left back area. Utter madness. Callum can hold his head high.

Boyata: * bombscare and slow as *.

Benkovic: Wasn't at his best before going off injured.

Lustig: Not great but not the worst player in the team today. We were weaker without him.

Brown: Slower than slow and played like he couldn't be arsed. Should never play with Ntcham again. He is worse now than under Ronny. Our attacks break down with him. Could complete a smiple pass

Ntcham: Walked the ball out of played and passing was awful. Another player who was too slow.

Forrest: Poor.

Sinclair: Missing again.

Christie: Off the ball but at least tried unlike the other midfielders.

Mikey: Poor guy. I like him but he wasn't quite ready for this game. Especially as he had no help from his missing team mates.

Eddy: No impact.

Ralston: Poor

Ajer: Better than Boyata.

Brendan: What were you even thinking??

Brown and Ntcham made it feel like we were playing with nine men. When these guys were out the team in October, we started playing glorious football. These guys come back and BAM, we start losing again.

I love Broony, but it's time to say goodbye. Try and cash in on Ntchamn.

Tierney and Rogic were a huge miss. Hayes could have deputised, * even Izzy just so we could have our best available midfielder actually in midfield.. We even missed Armstrong and Roberts and they are gone now.

Our away form is concerning. I firmly still believe we will turn them over at Celtic park however, our away form means that the huns have a genuine chance of wining the league. Too many think that is impossible. If Leicester can win the Premiership, then this Sevco can win the SPL... or more like we can gift it to them on a plate.

Signings needed in January. When we lose KT, Rogic and Calmac in midfield, we are rotten.

2. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Still furious. Usually calm down within an hour of the game finishing but that was a disgusting performance today.

Sentinel, seanm and Random Review like this.
  3. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It would be easier to take if we had at least battled and made them hang on for dear life in the final moments. We never even looked like carving out a chance. It actually felt like playing the the nou camp with no meaningful possession in their half.

4. Maestro 08

You're a disgrace. Celtic captain and fantastic servant. Deserves way more respect than that.

5. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    jeezo !
    just heard the huns down at there local orange halls were out dancing in the streets and letting off fireworks
    a mean, it's only 3pts ya rockets
    i suppose when you become giant killers for the day you can celebrate. :56:

Spring Time and seanm like this.
  6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Luckily out game in hand and the kind post split fixtures mean we should be able to open a gap up in the first month back.

seanm likes this.
  7. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Holy *....really mate ?......short memory.

8. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I hope the board paid attention to what happened today

seanm likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't agree about Brown being finished and I think Izzy would have been torn a new one, but the rest is spot on. I wasn't convinced by this argument that Brown and Ntcham can't play together that seems quite popular; today convinced me.

Team should have been:

Gordon/Bain
    Lustig Boyata Benkovic Hayes
    Broony McGregor
    Forrest Christie Johnston
    Edouard​

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Can’t stand people scapegoating, never mind someone who’s given everything to this club.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Brown and Ntcham can’t play together based on today?

Based on today there’s not 2 players in that team who can play together.

* logic.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Based on almost every time they play together, mate. What I said was that today finally convinced me after resisting this conclusion for months.

seanm likes this.
  13. seanm

Total legend.if anyones to blame its our * money grabbing tory board for not bringing in players to help our double treble winning players who must be shagged out after 2 seasons non stop ffs.and brendan was nieve to play cal mac out of position its a no * brainer put izzy or hayes there.callum aint gonna hurt anyone back there. Board had better deliver quality permanent players 1min after midnight 31 dec or the fans will never forgive then.10 iar is under threat from ourselves and thats what hurts most.HH.

14. Dazzzdelux

The only way I can cope with that result and performance is if it has opened the boards eyes and they start investing some money. If we dont make it to 10 in a row, it'll be an absolute travesty... I feel like we're going backwards now.

15. joemc

Picked up on that one as well , dont think they think the fans are smart enough to notice these things
    ,would be nice to have an independent ref who could pik over deccissions and determine how many he gets blatantly wrong .

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I love Celtic, but never been happy with the song “ Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row “, as if it’s our Devine * right to win 10 in a row

Still think we will but it’s very arrogant and disrespectful to opponents

Get 8 in a row hopefully, but we’ve only won 7 , helleva long way till 10

17. joemc

Away m8 .

18. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Sinclair, Forrest, and Nitcham would have been just as well swelling the numbers in the away end for all they done. Couldn't believe how awful Boyata was, he had an absolute howler. Christie McGregor ran there hearts out, Broony also but concerned about his pace and passing. Gordon distribution continues to be lacking but saved us from a much heavier defeat. Mikey needs to pile on some muscle before he can become more effective, poor service to him today. I strongly suspect we will not strengthen the squad significantly during the January window because of those tight arsed cretins in the boardroom who will go for probably go for cheap lone deals like Weah. The question that needs answering is will we even get to 8 in a row? The Huns were up for it today every * one of them, how many of our guys were?

19. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Lots of people saying the board needs to spend, but it seems that all of our best players are Ronnie signings or earlier.....

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  20. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Seen this on another site just now.
    Morelos should have been sent off in the opening minutes. With the ball out of reach he swung his boot at Scott Brown and connected. Beaton decided that it didn’t even merit a verbal warning.

Had the Ibrox side been reduced to 10 men the game may well have been played out very differently.

Had the Ibrox side been reduced to 9 men the result would not have changed today, we were just pure crap! Enough of the excuses!