1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Imagine rogic had viduka or Cahill playing up top and Kewell out wide for Australia, reckon they'd get quite a return.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Mr Cleansheets

Really? How many games have you watched?

Everything goes through Mooy (Huddersfield) and Luongo (QPR) with Australia almost always bossing possession and territory. Tam is played in a high number ten/false nine role where he is very heavily marked internationally.

Still managed to play extremely well the other night, but if he has a knee problem then no doubt it's the same one he's had all season.

3. Mr Cleansheets

Our problem is we just have no strikers. 23 shots on goal the other night FFS.

Playing our second 11 against Lebanon tonight and if we can't thrash them then we really are *.

4. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Bossing possession against who exactly? Kuwait and Lebanon? very impressive. At the World Cup Australia set up not to lose rather than attempt to win.

Spring Time likes this.
  5. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Who are these uneducated swine talking * about Rogic?

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Mr Cleansheets

And how would you have set up to play France, Denmark and Peru?

South Korea are an Asian heavyweight who beat (I think) Germany at the World Cup, and we totally bossed the stats in that match the other night.

7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If Jahanbakhsh was taken out of that Iran team then Kilmarnock could certainly compete with Iran, I really think you're underestimating our league. Also here is an article of Rogic getting rated a 6/10- https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/so...ff3nt1br4y2ilm4nsi#1u2vsiwbw2aph1behs3pt3iy39 . I seen fox gave him a 8 which was confusing since in the studio they weren't impressed with him. South Korea's team was made up reserve players while Australia had their full squad out and huffed and puffed to get a draw, not exactly impressive.

I do agree that some see videos of him scoring amazing goals on social media and all of sudden think he does it week in week out for us, but in reality he scores once every 4/5 games- the same as he does for Australia. It's just absurd that they have this expectation of him scoring say a goal every 2 games, Tim Cahill didn't even get that (although close). Jamie Maclaren needs a kick up the * as he is the one that needs to be scoring, Mooy doesn't get half the stick that Rogic yet puts in half a shift in the midfield and can't beat the first man at a corner kick but because he plays in England he gets leeway.

I guarantee you when Arzani comes back to play in the Australia squad and might have a 6/7 out of 10 game, there will be a large amount of aussies attacking our league but if he was in the championship they would let it slide because english football is everything to the casual football supporters over there. People say he had a bad world cup, against France he got past Kante a few times but that was about it and fans called for him to be dropped, against Denmark he was the best player and tore Christensen (chelsea CB) apart and against Peru he did well the first half and disappeared the second (as we know), I would hardly call it a bad showing for his first world cup.

8. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

9. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    And an update if you aren't already watching: A pretty average winger for hibs has scored 2 goals against the heavyweights of Asia- Lebanon lol. Boo boys are out in force again tonight but not with Rogic, they've started to pick on Juric, maybe they just don't like ethnic names in their team.

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :68::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haven’t heard that for ages, brings back great memories.

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The irony on here is that some are defending their league, while putting down international/continental football and vice versa.

13. joemc

Watched every world cup game and every one since ,noticed him find space in midfield ,pass was on and he was not being used ,aussies were scared of the high press and could not deal with it ,they had no ball playing defenders so would go long and miss out midfield .

Taz likes this.
  14. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    the irony is Viduka had scored in 6 competitive games in Australia and is regarded as a 'socceroos legend', Tom Rogic has scored 7 and is looked down upon by a large majority of Australia football fans.

15. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Viduka is considered an Australian legend, based mostly on his scoring exploits in the PL. He was criticised constantly because he didn’t score at International level. Just because a few on Twitter criticised Rogic, don’t get your knickers in a knot.

Rogic is a gun, Australia hasn’t ever had a player like him and his teammates haven’t gotten used to being able to fire a ball into his feet. Unfortunately for Rogic, Mooy has played his last three seasons at club level and international level under possession based football coaches. Mooy runs the midfield at both and he turns back unless he can see a pass that rates at 90%. Mooy needs to put more faith in Rogic and be told that by his coach otherwise nothing will change. The reason Mooy plays like that is because in the PL you might not get the football back for the next 5 minutes and if you’ve finally won it back, the last thing you want to be doing is chasing for another 5 because Mooy puts in a 50/50 ball to Rogic. Think Celtic in the CL in the group stages where Brendan used Rogic sparingly.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was clear as day at the world cup..

Give it to him in space in the 10 and stuff happened. Nah, the went direct and wide mainly to the Bundesliga winger can't mind his name who is utter * and it broke down almost all the time and some slow Bundesliga 2 front man as well who was also chronic..

Callum McGregor and joemc like this.
  17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Exactly, they rate english football over anything else so much so that you can get into Australia hall of fame for doing f all for your country (how the sfa had plans to have gasgoine being in the hall of fame was a joke). Last year when I seen Mooy he was fantastic and proving me wrong but he has regressed so much with Huddersfield the past season and a half. For his debut season down there he was always involved with their attacks and his set pieces were spot on for the first half of the season, now hes found himself doing the bare minimum and can't clear the first man at a corner. Rogic is inconsistent at times and you will find out in the first few minutes if hes up for it or not, I get that. What I don't get is this bandwagon aussies are jumping on- 'Rogic isn't cutting it internationally' crap . Maybe JC is right, we are in the generation of people trying to be 'edgy' and stand out with their crazy opinions and I guess social media gives them that platform, although it then trickles into the stadium and all of a sudden there is a few toxic people in the crowd giving crap to their own players.

18. joemc

We get it wae lustig ,who ,granted is not at the top of his game anymore ,but is better than he was a month ago and doing a decent job and i get the europe thing ,we need more pace ,its the nasty attacks and slating him constantly , he was one of our top players when he came here and did an amazing job for the club ,loves the club and fans ,i just wish some could be a little more respectfull of that and give the guy a break.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. spitz

Boyle's stats are pretty decent for the last 2 seasons for Hibs.

I'm not sure where this idea is coming from the Aussies hate Rogic, it's the complete opposite, but he does have his quiet games.

Mooy would arguably be better than Rogic in the SPL, he's a quality player.

Well, you know, probably because it's the world cup?

Pressure from Kante, Pogba, Christensen, Poulson, Sisto is a little different than a Saturday arvo at Dundee.

20. MAP

Spitz; stop talking sense. You are ruining this thread.